TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shared this on reddit and thought id share here also. I lucked out and was able to get DreamEX 1/6 Mikey through a BST Facebook group. Now I just need Donatello. There is one up for bid on ebay along with another listing for all for turtles and Casey Jones I believe but for $1800[emoji15] which is a retarded asking price. I'll just be patient and keep my eyes peeled for Donatello. He'll eventually pop up for sale again. If anyone has Donnie for sale, let me know![emoji1]
6ff8d82fa3128bc2c67f4900f1c44b28.jpg

I've been hoping Hot Toys would start an Injustice line, since the turtles look great in the game. Like modernized 90s designs.

Same with Hellboy. No guarantee they'd even make them if they did, of course.

So I recently got back in to TMNT comics and started looking for some toys to get. Wow, terrible timing.

The movie and cartoon figs look great, but looks like they are impossible to find. I see Super7 has some coming out, but after their MOTU line I am hesitant. I am getting the retro set coming out later.

Also looking at 1/6 scale and looks those are hell and gone too, with Mondo and DREAMEX. DREAMEX looks great and BBTS shows Leo and Donnie as a sold out pre-order for this year. But it also looks like those came out years ago? Are there any other 1/6 lines on the way?

The 1/4 movie figs look great and a good price point, but I don't have anything 1/4 in my collection.

So, any recommendations where to start?

NECA 7-inch, - No other company (besides maybe Super 7) will offer the wide array of characters from TMNT.

if you're patient, I would recommend just buying them direct from NECA as they slowly become available.

They're usually available at Target/Walmart first but as others have mentioned, nearly impossible to find - i have never seem them out on racks at my stores. NECA seems to release them at retail stores for a few months, then eventually some are available for direct to order in a small time window like during this month (i.e. Rat King/Vernon). Some figures are exclusive or available first at the NECA store (like diorama sets, accessory packs) - speculation is April O' Neil/Judith Hoag at the end of April.

NECA 1/4 - really good bang for the buck, especially the 1990 movie ones. When displayed in a nice case and posed well, they almost pass off as pricier polystone statues. Others mentioned there are some QC issues - i personally have not run into that but did notice the joints are really stiff. In retrospect, I do not regret passing on the $2,300 Prime 1 1990 movie statues considering the NECA set was less than $500 - the NECA ones are more movie accurate in some respects.

DREAMEX 1/6 - those BBTS listings you mentioned are probably re-issues of TMNT figures released many years ago at a sub $200 range. I had all of them except Raphael, which was going for ridiculous prices on the secondary market (triple or quadruple at one point) - luckily i resisted eBay, and finally was able to get Raph at MSRP to complete my collection, when the figures were reissued.

Super 7 - For someone who grew up with the original TMNT cartoon and Playmates, I collect this line because they are a good blend of nostalgia but also updated for the modern collector. I open all my other figures to display but keep Super 7 in the original box. Super 7 made a gigantic Thundertank for Thundercats so I'm hoping for a Turtle Van too!

PCS - I sort of gave up on NECA at one point and did not want to go on a weekly treasure hunt during COVID so I ended up getting the 7-inch PCS statues @Gamestop/BBTS - there are 8 of them based on the original cartoon (4 Turtles, Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady/Bebop). No articulation obviously but I thought these were a decent consolation prize since it was looking hopeless with NECA last year.

PCS also has some expensive $600 1/4 polystone statues based on the original animated series. They look nice but I had to draw the line somewhere due to space issues - you have to factor in the bases, which take up a lot of real estate.

ThreeZero 1/6 - I'm not well versed with the Bay-Verse movies nor do I collect. But from the pictures I've seen, these look like good figures by ThreeZero. Just was never a fan of the new designs from the Bay movies.

Bandai SH Figure Arts - not sure if these (based on the original cartoon) are still available but they were around $50 each and partially made of diecast metal, which gives the figures good heft.

Loyal Subjects 5-inch - these were just announced based on the original cartoon. Never heard of this company before, but the line will also include Beetlejuice, Buffy, Gremlins.

I've been holding out for Hot Toys to make 1/6 scale of the 90's movie turtles for years now. No luck so far.

Probably a better chance of Hot Toys releasing another Venom cross-over figure (i.e. Venom-Pool, Venomized Baby Groot, etc) than 90s movies TMNT.:rotfl

Holy crap! There is an avalanche of Turtles in Disguise sets on eBay right now. At disgusting prices, I’m afraid. After scouring California stores this past week, I’d just given up and decided to give it an honest shot going the eBay route and it was even worse. How disheartening! Well, a long shot of a question: If any of you find it out in the wild and wanna help a fan out, PM me.

I'm not even bothering to toy hunt for it. If it's somehow abundant and there's extras in a few weeks I'll see if someone can grab one but otherwise I'll just wait and see if NECA does a preorder in the future.

It's not my area, I'm in Boston, I was just sharing the photo of proof that they're out there now. My area rarely gets TMNT unfortunately.

So I recently got back in to TMNT comics and started looking for some toys to get. Wow, terrible timing.

The movie and cartoon figs look great, but looks like they are impossible to find. I see Super7 has some coming out, but after their MOTU line I am hesitant. I am getting the retro set coming out later.

Also looking at 1/6 scale and looks those are hell and gone too, with Mondo and DREAMEX. DREAMEX looks great and BBTS shows Leo and Donnie as a sold out pre-order for this year. But it also looks like those came out years ago? Are there any other 1/6 lines on the way?

The 1/4 movie figs look great and a good price point, but I don't have anything 1/4 in my collection.

So, any recommendations where to start?

I would honestly say the 1/4 would be the easiest to get at this point. And if TMNT is important to you, having them in 1/4 would be a centerpiece even if you don't have anything else 1/4. NECA keeps re-releasing the 1/4 movie turtles and the animated 1/4 line is just starting so they'd both be the easiest to obtain.

I feel like they'll keep finding ways to make more of the 7" turtles though, since they keep selling. It would just be very difficult to get a collection going right now. And they'll probably always be exclusives with limited availability so that might be very frustrating for you. But I will say they are some of the best action figures I've handled.

I've been holding out for Hot Toys to make 1/6 scale of the 90's movie turtles for years now. No luck so far.

Dude just get neca figures cause hot toys isn?t touching this property. I keep telling people that the the days of hot toys branching out and trying obscure properties is over.

I would honestly say the 1/4 would be the easiest to get at this point. And if TMNT is important to you, having them in 1/4 would be a centerpiece even if you don't have anything else 1/4. NECA keeps re-releasing the 1/4 movie turtles and the animated 1/4 line is just starting so they'd both be the easiest to obtain.

I feel like they'll keep finding ways to make more of the 7" turtles though, since they keep selling. It would just be very difficult to get a collection going right now. And they'll probably always be exclusives with limited availability so that might be very frustrating for you. But I will say they are some of the best action figures I've handled.

It would be easier if playmates wasn?t so stingy with the rights. If they were more loose and give up then we wouldn?t worry about having a hard time finding these.

Playmates releases crappy toys for collectors and they all suck ass . Those mirage inspired turtles they just did suck so much ass.

Dude just get neca figures cause hot toys isn?t touching this property. I keep telling people that the the days of hot toys branching out and trying obscure properties is over.

Does any company have the 1/6 TMNT rights for the 90s movies or the original animated series?

Seems like Blitzway has corned the market (of popular and obscure properties) from the 90s and prior.

They made that Sharon Stone Basic Instinct statue, Bill & Ted, Ghostbusters, Silence of the Lambs, Zorro.

They even announced that Geena Davis Cuthroat Island figure that eventually was cancelled.

Does any company have the 1/6 TMNT rights for the 90s movies or the original animated series?

Seems like Blitzway has corned the market (of popular and obscure properties) from the 90s and prior.

They made that Sharon Stone Basic Instinct statue, Bill & Ted, Ghostbusters, Silence of the Lambs, Zorro.

They even announced that Geena Davis Cuthroat Island figure that eventually was cancelled.

Your best best to make 1/6th turtles is star ace or threezero or maybe someone else. Hot toys isn?t touching this and never will. They are so deep in Disney?s ass to branch out. They barely will make DC products now. So yes the one you named and the other 2 I named are your best bet. And 90s tmnt sells so we might see it someday .

Any guesses for what NECA will be putting up for Preorder later this week? I?m assuming it?ll be 1 new release 2-pack 1 previously released two pack (foot soldiers) then 1 deluxe figure (Android krang).

Back