TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if they are 12" in that picture, the smaller 6" line is gonna still look almost exactly the same as those, just smaller.

Hey Freaks, quick question here. I have an unopened TMNT NECA Box Set from 2008 (the green one, not the B&W one) and was wondering, anyone have any idea what it's worth? I didn't expect it to be that much and have only hung onto it because I'm a huge TMNT fan, however, over the past few months I've seen a few go for over $400 on Ebay. Those sets appear to be the exact same set that I have, not a variant, or SDCC Exclusive. Is there anyway to find this out? I'd think about parting with it if it's going for that much since this year's collectibles will be costly!

Thanks Freaks!

Good god those figs are just awful. Donnie looks like he has been riding a horse for three years continuosly. Could his legs be any further apart?!

They're ALL completely ridiculous looking. :lol

Thank GOD we actually have the original film to enjoy - I really hope HT eventually makes 1/6 figures of the 1990 Turtles.

Pshh they wont. They are busy riding marvel. Im sure another company will tackle them someday.

attachment.php

Leo looks like he's wearing his wife's best dress, Raph (the **** is that expression?!), Mickey (that hoodie!) and Don looks like he should be working in a SAWT team or something!

I wanted an environment for my Turtles on display but none of the official stuff would fit my shelves then I had the idea to use Tony Hawk finger skateboards for them and it seems to be a good fit :)
IMG_6911_zpsebf7daee.jpg
IMG_6910_zps7813cb54.jpg
IMG_6909_zpsba0b2e12.jpg
IMG_6907_zpsed693a74.jpg
IMG_6906_zps5697d131.jpg
IMG_6904_zpsc17cbe83.jpg

i suggest you wrap those carded figures with plastic bags so the cards won't deteorate as fast, foxing on paper materials common thing. Cardboard also tend to absorb moisture. Also don't forget those vintage figures are not 100 sealed (bottom is ventilated), so it'd be impossible to clean if if dust/insects went inside without taking out the figure.

and those you hung on the walls, those peg parts will one day fail due to the weight of the whole figure sitting on it. suggest you put a support at the bottom of those carded figures.

same goes for those vintage MASK boxes. also watch out for those Chromes fading, apply wax while you still can.

View attachment 99572View attachment 99573 this is my vintage and current turtle collection

i suggest you wrap those carded figures with plastic bags so the cards won't deteorate as fast, foxing on paper materials common thing. Cardboard also tend to absorb moisture. Also don't forget those vintage figures are not 100 sealed (bottom is ventilated), so it'd be impossible to clean if if dust/insects went inside without taking out the figure.

and those you hung on the walls, those peg parts will one day fail due to the weight of the whole figure sitting on it. suggest you put a support at the bottom of those carded figures.

same goes for those vintage MASK boxes. also watch out for those Chromes fading, apply wax while you still can.

Thanks for the tips i didn't think of those issues. I will have to protect them better.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the Casey Jones release. He has decent articulation and the sculpt matches the cartoon model pretty well. I just wish his face was painted in flesh tones instead of the skull motif just like his hockey mask.

13277972763_fbc3a979b8_c.jpg

13277853915_9ed24b9829_c.jpg

13277898545_dcd7dd6561_c.jpg

Back