Threezero: Rambo III: John Rambo 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the eBay Rambo stands but Im still holding out hope I come across a Rambo 3 stand from Hot Toys. I prefer that simple Rambo 3 logo or the graphic they used for the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could probably get a generic black oval stand and have Evilface make you some die cut lettering vinyl of what you looking for pretty cheap. Would be way under $10 for everything.

You could probably get a generic black oval stand and have Evilface make you some die cut lettering vinyl of what you looking for pretty cheap. Would be way under $10 for everything.

Exactly what i plan to do. It's in the motions right now, waiting on evilface to reply.

If this was a hot toy release, your looking at $280 with no AK47, brown bag, c4, jacket. But might come with a nice base.

Punisher, Neo, and John Wick all came with a lot of guns. Hot Toys might cheap out sometimes but characters that need weapons usually come with weapons.

I remember when DX figures cost $200. They had more than some of today's $260 basic releases.

Hot Toys is no longer the undisputed king of detail, so their only advantage is the licenses they own (assuming you're a SW, Marvel, or DC fan).

I remember when DX figures cost $200. They had more than some of today's $260 basic releases.

Hot Toys is no longer the undisputed king of detail, so their only advantage is the licenses they own (assuming you're a SW, Marvel, or DC fan).

This guy was $160

fNoXjwp.jpg

I still have it. Never took it out of the box. It's probably not worth much more than $160 now tho, but I still love it. :lol

So happy ThreeZero did a 2nd run on this. The more pics i see the more impressed i am.
The prototype didn't look this good, he had this long ugly bulldog face. Final product is truly one of their best non-robot characters.

The HT Rambo III is the one that got me into this hobby, my first figure which looking back costs half of what a typical HT costs nowadays.
Had a friend that got into HT during the early days around 2006 when it still took an hour to assemble a Predator. He had the First Blood Rambo with the chain of bullets. Amazed by the weight and the muscle body, but felt the HS was lacking.

So happy ThreeZero did a 2nd run on this. The more pics i see the more impressed i am.
The prototype didn't look this good, he had this long ugly bulldog face. Final product is truly one of their best non-robot characters.

The HT Rambo III is the one that got me into this hobby, my first figure which looking back costs half of what a typical HT costs nowadays.
Had a friend that got into HT during the early days around 2006 when it still took an hour to assemble a Predator. He had the First Blood Rambo with the chain of bullets. Amazed by the weight and the muscle body, but felt the HS was lacking.

I remember those days. My first figure was the FB2 Rambo which I still have. I didnt really start collecting until the Predator from ?09 came out. Dutch and Billy soon after. It was all downhill from there lol..

This guy was $160

fNoXjwp.jpg

I still have it. Never took it out of the box. It's probably not worth much more than $160 now tho, but I still love it. [emoji38]
Still a fun figure regardless of its many shortcomings. The biggest buzz I ever got buying a figure. I've been chasing the dragon ever since.lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well my 1st order arrived today. This is the one I used my SS rewards so he was $172 shipped. All I have to say is every once in awhile you get way more then you expect and this figure delivers on that. Yes ThreeZero does not offer stands, very few of their pieces ever come with them and their boxes have always felt flimsy to me (minus the new Transformers DX figures which are also in league of there own) but besides those minor nit picks...this figure is easily my favorite purchases this year, maybe within the last few years actually. I took a host of pictures and not a single one looks bad. The amount of gear he comes with too is impressive.

Which nowadays is rare. I remember I felt cheated with Sideshows Batman that came with a stand, 2 Batarangs, and 4 extra hands. That is it. For $225. Even if I did not get Rambo at a discount I would still be happy. Because of the shear amount of accessories. All of them are well made and weathered. The figure itself is freaking gorgeous. Luckily mine does not have a weak waist issue. The head sculpt and paint is beyond anything I have seen from any manufacturer in awhile. Extremely happy with my purchase can not wait for the second one to arrive tomorrow and I can convert him into a Rambo II version. If your on the fence, he is definitely a figure to get, if you are an 80s movie fan, or a Stallone fan, then this will be a grail piece of your collection. ThreeZero completely shocked me with this one.

Here are some pictures....

582ddc35cbc47111a8abd448194a3a87.plist

4494535ce27e255d0fc2f7bf70f15c68.plist

6e244deafb29d95b48e13722fb487c19.jpg

1897e19511cabaff073212e063cbcce3.plist

2204a2986d482b99fb67da49b2dac4ca.plist

82d314df8144428c44f597b5ebca382a.plist
bb8fda8b774080fde9c5ec13573ea35c.jpg

62626a97a228a7c31f6b93602c47f37a.jpg

dddaec3c52dc309cdb0f1bb909e3c8f6.jpg

The biggest buzz I ever got buying a figure. I've been chasing the dragon ever since.lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

So I wasn't the only one. Opening that box, seeing the purple cover with the three cards, lifting that and then seeing the figure perfectly placed inside the grey foam, and finally seeing all the accessories underneath was such a great experience. The presentation was simple but classy and still my favorite unboxing, even though I never took the figure out. It truly felt like a high end collectible.

And a few more pictures. Sorry to be so picture heavy but the piece deserves all the praise it has been receiving and then some. Now ThreeZero bring us out some Rocky figures and cut some damn back flips.
7f3ea1b691684133a72ede34e9d0f370.plist

9c987212a7f4805a1fdc5e1a79368f94.plist

1a153df56611463c1a15f146b5da56ef.jpg

f5989edfab0874081054e92e0c776b53.plist

c58a6db5d9f288fe76e945b011cd42bc.plist

Well my 1st order arrived today. This is the one I used my SS rewards so he was $172 shipped. All I have to say is every once in awhile you get way more then you expect and this figure delivers on that. Yes ThreeZero does not offer stands, very few of their pieces ever come with them and their boxes have always felt flimsy to me (minus the new Transformers DX figures which are also in league of there own) but besides those minor nit picks...this figure is easily my favorite purchases this year, maybe within the last few years actually. I took a host of pictures and not a single one looks bad. The amount of gear he comes with too is impressive.

Which nowadays is rare. I remember I felt cheated with Sideshows Batman that came with a stand, 2 Batarangs, and 4 extra hands. That is it. For $225. Even if I did not get Rambo at a discount I would still be happy. Because of the shear amount of accessories. All of them are well made and weathered. The figure itself is freaking gorgeous. Luckily mine does not have a weak waist issue. The head sculpt and paint is beyond anything I have seen from any manufacturer in awhile. Extremely happy with my purchase can not wait for the second one to arrive tomorrow and I can convert him into a Rambo II version. If your on the fence, he is definitely a figure to get, if you are an 80s movie fan, or a Stallone fan, then this will be a grail piece of your collection. ThreeZero completely shocked me with this one.

Here are some pictures....

582ddc35cbc47111a8abd448194a3a87.plist

4494535ce27e255d0fc2f7bf70f15c68.plist

6e244deafb29d95b48e13722fb487c19.jpg

1897e19511cabaff073212e063cbcce3.plist

2204a2986d482b99fb67da49b2dac4ca.plist

82d314df8144428c44f597b5ebca382a.plist
bb8fda8b774080fde9c5ec13573ea35c.jpg

62626a97a228a7c31f6b93602c47f37a.jpg

dddaec3c52dc309cdb0f1bb909e3c8f6.jpg

I had the same feeling as well. Once you see that box and take the figure out you just get a sense of great quality. I ended up ordering another one too as a back up or to convert to Rambo 2 down the road.

How are you guys planning to convert this to a Rambo 2 version?

I also have a 2nd figure on the way but still hoping they do new figures from the first two movies. Would love to see them do a John McClane from the first Die Hard movie to.

This is easily the best figure of 2020. Hot Toys have disappointed for so long I'm glad another company has finally given us something to get excited about.

Definitely figure of the year and my only 1/6 purchase. Rocky figures would be insane. Go through the movies, make all the opponents!

It took Hot Toys 8 years to find their golden goose in Iron Man and Marvel. This is the most praised figure I've ever seen Threezero put out. If they have any sense, they will capitalise on it and get more Stallone licences. Saying that, Threezero have a very laid back attitude. Common sense and the obvious doesn't seem to occur to them.

Well mine showed up today after all. Completely blown away by the sculpt and paint. Threezero really outdid themselves with this one. It’s every bit as good as a HT release if not better.

Back