Threezero: Rambo III: John Rambo 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
702a21de3d33c24798b45c6be7ba73bc.jpg

495663318ac3025fe8c4041c34663e50.jpg

Heres a couple side by side shots of my Hot Toys First Blood 2 Rambo and Threezeros Rambo. Night and day comparison lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to break down and get this guy today. Hot Toys M65 - Rambo First Blood Jacket Edition. Now if ThreeZero wants to announce later that they want to make their version... then I will be all in. In the meantime it is a very decent version of the best movie IMHO.

Pics of the figure I bought. Beautiful sculpt for a figure what 7-8 years old? (13 years - had a brain fart - that is what I get for posting at 2-3am LOL!)
907b4d9e5493947cbc78d37ff326c046.jpg

b6d3726b303771cf65b047ff786d7130.jpg

More pics from M.Crawford review...
02af759d710371ae63e44e685a7d3fa8.jpg

a055825ffe22dcd93c5d14753389f8ec.jpg

1baf854f212a46ff05ff0f8b678df27d.jpg

01cae8befab7a516cfc43175a1ff6126.jpg

62b60f028f0130a3940148ee74fe1c54.jpg

Also these Stands off Evilbay...

8520aedd6cbd98b100c5c2e5e41ea169.jpg

His hands look like they are wooden hands lol. Lost his hands in the war i guess. I did see those stand on evilbay once myself. Thinking this threezero version needs a custom base.

Wait, have you ever seen First Blood a-dev?

What makes you ask that question? :lol

Random I know lol, but I recall him saying that he never saw it.

I remember that. That's why I asked. :lol

That was a long time ago tho.

And that status remains unchanged. I'm touched that you remember. :lol

So yeah I'll have no idea how to set this guy up accurately - but I've even abandoned accuracy on some of my Terminator figures of late in favour of reducing figure quantity by combining certain looks/scenes.

Why am I buying a figure from something I've never seen and have no connection with? Well because I really wanted a prime Stallone figure in the collection and there's no denying the iconography of Stallone as Rambo. Plus this would be more in keeping with the rest of my collection than, say, a Rocky figure. That said if they came out with Rocky figures I'd be very tempted if they were of this standard. I have seen all those. :lol

In Ireland the only days of the week that I consider viable for deliveries are Tuesday-Friday. Saturdays and Sundays are definite nos while Mondays are essentially useless despite technically being a working day. I almost never get anything on a Monday so my safest bet to avoid disappointment is to consider it part of the weekend whether it's a bank holiday or not.

I went ahead and ordered, hopefully he actually ships today. I'm just glad Sideshow doesn't use USPS right now, it would take 3-4 weeks to get him.

Had to break down and get this guy today. Hot Toys M65 - Rambo First Blood Jacket Edition. Now if ThreeZero wants to announce later that they want to make their version... then I will be all in. In the meantime it is a very decent version of the best movie IMHO.

Pics of the figure I bought. Beautiful sculpt for a figure what 7-8 years old?
907b4d9e5493947cbc78d37ff326c046.jpg

b6d3726b303771cf65b047ff786d7130.jpg

More pics from M.Crawford review...
02af759d710371ae63e44e685a7d3fa8.jpg

a055825ffe22dcd93c5d14753389f8ec.jpg

1baf854f212a46ff05ff0f8b678df27d.jpg

01cae8befab7a516cfc43175a1ff6126.jpg

62b60f028f0130a3940148ee74fe1c54.jpg

Also these Stands off Evilbay...

8520aedd6cbd98b100c5c2e5e41ea169.jpg

M65 Rambo is awesome. One of those figures I regretted not getting. A bit cartoony compared to figures out now but still looks great. Maybe swap out the glossy hands and you got yourself a solid figure.

Pics of the figure I bought. Beautiful sculpt for a figure what 7-8 years old?

More like 13 years old.

I am so tempted to get this despite having no real connection with Rambo. I remember watching them as a kid but probably have not seen one in at least 25 years at this point. I did have some Rambo action figures back in the 80s. But this just looks like an awesome, loaded piece.

I am so tempted to get this despite having no real connection with Rambo. I remember watching them as a kid but probably have not seen one in at least 25 years at this point. I did have some Rambo action figures back in the 80s. But this just looks like an awesome, loaded piece.

I highly recommend. At this price point and for all you get, its a good purchase. He looks awesome next to Arnie figures.

I highly recommend. At this price point and for all you get, its a good purchase. He looks awesome next to Arnie figures.

Thats part of my conundrum though, I have none of the Terminator stuff or Commando, only really because I kept missing great deals and I generally try to look forward and not overpay for older figures. But on the other hand I could get this guy and hope for newer Arnie or Stallone stuff down the road at some point. I do know that this licensed figure costs only barely more than my recent third party Agent K figure shipped from KG Hobby, looks higher quality, and also comes with a boatload more stuff. I think what I will do is keep a close eye on some of the other retailers that do not charge tax or shipping to see if it pops back up to buy and go that route.

I remember that. That's why I asked. :lol

That was a long time ago tho.

Yeah that was a while ago lol.

And that status remains unchanged. I'm touched that you remember. :lol

So yeah I'll have no idea how to set this guy up accurately - but I've even abandoned accuracy on some of my Terminator figures of late in favour of reducing figure quantity by combining certain looks/scenes.

Why am I buying a figure from something I've never seen and have no connection with? Well because I really wanted a prime Stallone figure in the collection and there's no denying the iconography of Stallone as Rambo. Plus this would be more in keeping with the rest of my collection than, say, a Rocky figure. That said if they came out with Rocky figures I'd be very tempted if they were of this standard. I have seen all those. :lol

You gotta at least watch First Blood!!! It’s awesome man. Some argue it’s Stallones best performance.

I never liked the idea of rambo fighting cops and national guardsmen though. Just seems wrong. Like he's the bad guy, which in the book he was. He looked for people to fight. I will acknowledge it's a good film, but i much prefer him fighting russians and bad guys in general.

His hands look like they are wooden hands lol. Lost his hands in the war i guess. I did see those stand on evilbay once myself. Thinking this threezero version needs a custom base.

Yeah, Geppetto whittled himself a son. [emoji854]Think I want to do a body swap on him which will resolve the issue. Something that meets the head sculpt better around the neck area so there is not a joint gap. Which will take care of the hand issue too. Still love that sculpt and outfit.

I never liked the idea of rambo fighting cops and national guardsmen though. Just seems wrong. Like he's the bad guy, which in the book he was. He looked for people to fight. I will acknowledge it's a good film, but i much prefer him fighting russians and bad guys in general.

Most of those cops were a bunch of ****heads though, about time someone didn't take that garbage from them.

Got the figure in today. He looks great, but I wanted to ask: is the waist joint on anyone's figure a little loose?

Back