ThreeZero RAMBO: First Blood Part II - 1/6th scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Do we get to win this time?"

Rambo II 3.jpg

Rambo II 4.jpg

Rambo II.jpg

Put me in the category of not having a Rambo figure and this one will definitely fill that void. I hope they fix the size of the head, but overall, solid figure. Any concerns of the shirt staining the body?

I don’t have a Rambo yet either. This one is cool looking. I do prefer the first movie though. Curious if it’ll be priced the same as the previous two or more.

You guys will likely think me crazy, but I love the original Rubber Hot Toys bodies (the ones with just a rubber arm/torso). Yes you can hardly raise the arms, yes they are guaranteed to crack over time, but for some strange reason, I love the overall body proportions those Rambo bodies have. They also have some nostalgic value to me, as I remember being blown away by the technical capabilities at the time to not only see a 1/6 seamless representation of a character, but also the level of detail they added with molded in scarring.

In fact, I purchased one of the Threezeo’s first blood figures just so I could move all the clothes/weapons to one of them. I also did the same thing for Threezero’s Rambo 3 release.

As the bodies are a slightly larger scale (they look much taller/broader than the regular Threezero figures when put side to side) I would like to complete my set, by transferring these parts onto the Hot Toys Rambo 2 rubber body. Then I will just have to work out how to “orange-up” the Headsculpt to match the very orange body! Hot toys really went for the highly tanned look of the actual film (for accuracy I guess) so yep, it just looks orange. Again, I actually kind of like it to show the clear difference between the look of The first and second film. Told you I was crazy!

Any other lunatics out there that liked that original Hot Toys body back in the day?

Any other lunatics out there that liked that original Hot Toys body back in the day?
Aesthetically I thought they were fine, particularly given the time when they were released. But I never want to deal with rubber body or rubber suit QC issues again. I much, much prefer the PVC-type bodies HT developed and used later with some of the Terminator figures, and the TTM-19 body. Not only were they more durable (putting aside some of the plastic underneath. . .), but they found a great balance between aesthetics and poseability. I would prefer that over the cheapish, somewhat awkward looking bodies ThreeZero is using now. I had Leatherface and now have the First Blood figure, and wasn't impressed with the body on either.

Aesthetically I thought they were fine, particularly given the time when they were released. But I never want to deal with rubber body or rubber suit QC issues again. I much, much prefer the PVC-type bodies HT developed and used later with some of the Terminator figures, and the TTM-19 body. Not only were they more durable (putting aside some of the plastic underneath. . .), but they found a great balance between aesthetics and poseability. I would prefer that over the cheapish, somewhat awkward looking bodies ThreeZero is using now. I had Leatherface and now have the First Blood figure, and wasn't impressed with the body on either.
Yep, I agree. I just don’t like those bodies Threezero are using.

They should change the belt and include one more similar to the one he uses in the movie, which can be seen in some of the photos published in this thread. It shouldn't be difficult but I don't think they will change anything.

Regarding the head, it does seem small in some photos, and this is something that already happened with their First Blood figure but not with the Rambo 3 figure. If they have decided to keep the same body for the three figures, despite not be correct, they should at least try to keep the same proportion for the heads.

Just not a fan of the bodies used in any of the ThreeZero Rambos.

As mentioned by The Clown Prince of Crime, unfortunately, it's all we have for now. I'm on the fence on this one, as I mentioned earlier, my preferred version of Rambo is from "First Blood" but if I do get this one, a body swap will be mandatory.

If they were going to reuse the Rambo III body for the other films, I'd rather they averaged out his physique so it would look passable with all of them instead of perfect for III and totally wrong for FB and FB2. Slightly smaller arms, a narrower neck...

Back