ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Game of Thrones? ?????

I hope these kick ***.

The Hound would be a great figure to start with.

Official announcement on Threezero's Facebook page.
6mQHPKwl.jpg

Beautiful, so it's (almost) a given that Ned Stark will be the first of this line...:yess:

No, I think its actually a given that Tyrion is going to be first. His head, body and outfit are nearly done in the teaser pic and Ned's is nowhere to be found. Unless of course Ned's head is just an accessory :lol

No, I think its actually a given that Tyrion is going to be first. His head, body and outfit are nearly done in the teaser pic and Ned's is nowhere to be found. Unless of course Ned's head is just an accessory :lol

Which is the perfect character to start off with - he's the most beloved and I think it shows a commitment to the line that they'd start with a nontraditional body type.

True, Tyrion is my favorite, I just hope that we get to see more than one figure of him since he has so many costumes. Also he looks even more badass
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

I suspect that if this line is successful out the gate that we will see multiple versions of all the core characters (Tyrion, Khaleesi, Jon Snow, Joffrey, Arya, Bran w/three-eyed crow, Jaime, etc.) with secondary characters sprinkled in here and there (Davos, Hodor, Jorah, Stannis, Drogo, Theon, Hound, White Walker(s) done like TWD pet zombies, etc.)

Here's to hoping that these come out fantastic and buyers gobble them up with a completist's mentality, and that ThreeZero has already committed to an Iron Throne with impeccable detail.

Just saw this post. Missed it.

He was only forgettable in the books because there are SO MANY freaking characters in the books, and frankly at times it was hard to keep track of them all.

:lol Yeah, you'll get no argument from me on that one.

The show really defined him for me. He was just another background Lannister in the book because he was only there from time to time. He certainly didn't have that commanding presence that he does on the show. He's a top want for me as far as figures go.

See I think he had a commanding presence in the books as well. We just didn't get a whole lot of him. I remember jumping for joy when I heard Charles Dance got the role. Long before the show was in existence Dance is the person I pictured whenever Tywin was in a scene or talked about, no bull****. I can't imagine anyone else doing the role. His eyes and that stare is ****ing perfect for the role. Now, while I feel he had a commanding presence in the book I will say I like him more in the show. I agree with Dance really defining and making him feel like a real person.

Might I make an observation? Didn't you listen to the books on audio? Man, I don't know how you did it. :lol I think may have something to do with not remembering character etc. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of characters. But I imagine it's a lot easier to remember them when you read them because you identify the character with the way the name is spelled, plus I just think your brain obsorbs it better. Just a thought....

But yeah, he and Robb definitely got better treatments on the show than they did in the books. Both are major players in the events, but were really sidelined in the story telling of the books and the perspectives they are told from. I think watchers of the show would find it hard to believe Robb isn't one of the characters the book is told from.

Agreed. I like Robb more in the show. I remember when I was reading the books for the first time I kept waiting for him to get a POV chapter.

So I'm a big fan of the show making things so much more understandable. I find the books hard to follow at times when I can barely tell people apart let alone pronounce their names. The show makes each character stand out more and be more unique.

I hear ya. I like the books more, but I love the show. I'll freely admit the ASOIAF books aren't for everyone though. When people ask me about GoT, depending on the type of person, I may just suggest to watch the show. I just love the rich history and back story to Westeros/Essos. Just like Middle Earth it has it's own history etc.

Yeah, if we're to go by that pic it looks like Tyrion will be first. Honestly though, I thought if someone did get the 1/6 license I thought Ned would be frst. Either way, I'm just as happy to get Tyrion. I'm really curious to see the body. This will be unlike any body ever made I think. It won't just simply be a 'small/child' body or something. Little people have a specific physiology.

True, Tyrion is my favorite, I just hope that we get to see more than one figure of him since he has so many costumes. Also he looks even more badass
Spoiler Spoiler:

It would be cool to have two head sculpts. I don't know if threezero does that sort of thing though. So what's the difference between three A and three zero?

Fiend, yeah, I listened to the audio books. I can definitely tell you seeing names helps remember characters. The narrator, Roy Dotrice, is great though. He's one of those that gives everyone a unique voice (he had a cameo as the Pyromancer in season 2 for 2 episodes I believe).

I can tell you I would have NEVER pronounced most of the names right had I read them instead of listening to them :lol

If they do Tyrion first it should be interesting to see if they go with a specific look or try to go for some sort of "all-inclusive" deluxe look with alternative sculpts or even clothing options. If they just do a Season One version for example it'd be a way to sell other Tyrions which would extend the body type need.

Fiend, yeah, I listened to the audio books. I can definitely tell you seeing names helps remember characters. The narrator, Roy Dotrice, is great though. He's one of those that gives everyone a unique voice (he had a cameo as the Pyromancer in season 2 for 2 episodes I believe).

I can tell you I would have NEVER pronounced most of the names right had I read them instead of listening to them :lol

You know, I never listened to an audio book. I may give it a try with one of the ASOIAF books now that I've read them. I'm curious about the unique voices.

If they do Tyrion first it should be interesting to see if they go with a specific look or try to go for some sort of "all-inclusive" deluxe look with alternative sculpts or even clothing options. If they just do a Season One version for example it'd be a way to sell other Tyrions which would extend the body type need.

That would be cool if they threw in two sculpts one pre and post Blackwater Bay. Some of those fabrics have really intricate designs so it they go with one of those I'd be most curious to see how it's done. How about accessories? Hand of the King badge is a must for me. A goblet, book, a bag of coins. What else?

You know, I never listened to an audio book. I may give it a try with one of the ASOIAF books now that I've read them. I'm curious about the unique voices.

I've "read" a lot of books by listening to them because of my job, and whenever you get a narrator that will do different voices for each character, they are so much better! The best IMO are the Jim Dale Harry Potter books. Absolutely amazing! On the back of one of the Fire and Ice books it claims that Roy Dotrice holds the world record for the most individual voices in an audiobook. I know Dale had that too. Not sure who earned it first.

But be warned, they are LOOONG. Since you've read the books you'll know how long they are, but it will take you a good long while to get through GoT not mention some of the longer ones later on.

I've "read" a lot of books by listening to them because of my job, and whenever you get a narrator that will do different voices for each character, they are so much better! The best IMO are the Jim Dale Harry Potter books. Absolutely amazing! On the back of one of the Fire and Ice books it claims that Roy Dotrice holds the world record for the most individual voices in an audiobook. I know Dale had that too. Not sure who earned it first.

But be warned, they are LOOONG. Since you've read the books you'll know how long they are, but it will take you a good long while to get through GoT not mention some of the longer ones later on.

And GoT is the one of the shorter ones. I think only AFFC is shorter. I can only imagine what SoS is like. I've never read any of the Potter books, but I've seen movies which I'm a fan of. My wife keeps begging me to read the books since I like the movies so much. I just haven't gotten around to it.
A jar of wildfire, maybe?

Yeah, why not! Either way, all characters that were acting Hand of the King should get the badge. Tywin, Tyrion and Ned.

Another question, which New would you guys want? Winterfell version or Kings Landing Hand of the King version?

Winterfell

Stark-with-ice_zps18e8d590.jpg

Kings Landing

Barristan_and_Eddard_zpse28ebbea.jpg

Of course they could just give us this with the giant Winterfell furry cloak and some of those straps for his chest.

EddardStark_zpsf9c9263f.jpg

Possible accessory list.

Tyrion- Goblet and/or wine skin, bag of coin, book, jar of wildfire. Hand of the King badge. Can't think of anything else.

Ned- Hand of the King badge, Ice, The Lineages and Histories of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms ( no I didn't remember the book, I had to looks it up. :lol)

Back