Threezero Game of Thrones: Cersei Lannister

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the quality of the outfits (tailoring and materials) has been the one consistently excellent thing across this whole line. I think the only outfit folks had any complaints about was Dany's but that was only because it was so simple. The cut and sew was still quite good.

Yet another really nice looking prototype from them. If the final figure came even close to that, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I'm sure it will end up just as tiny and undersized as Daenerys and look barely anything like her.

I'm REALLY hoping the Iron Throne in those pictures is something they made and are planning to sell ... and not a Dark Horse (or Hero Club) throne they had lying around that they're just using for promo pics.

If they showcase it so prominently and then don't end up offering it, I will loudly call BS.

But I'm wondering if an Iron Throne would even be covered under their license. These contracts are written very specifically, after all. It would probably be considered a diorama piece and not a figure accessory, so their original license may not cover it. Here's hoping they're cleared to make it. Or that they've gone back to HBO to tweak the license to make it possible.

I'm REALLY hoping the Iron Throne in those pictures is something they made and are planning to sell ... and not a Dark Horse (or Hero Club) throne they had lying around that they're just using for promo pics.

If they showcase it so prominently and then don't end up offering it, I will loudly call BS.

But I'm wondering if an Iron Throne would even be covered under their license. These contracts are written very specifically, after all. It would probably be considered a diorama piece and not a figure accessory, so their original license may not cover it. Here's hoping they're cleared to make it. Or that they've gone back to HBO to tweak the license to make it possible.

whats wrong with the Hero Club - Iron Throne?

whats wrong with the Hero Club - Iron Throne?

Well, it's an unlicensed bootleg for starters. And it's also pretty hard to find these days for a reasonable price. But my point wasn't that I was criticizing the quality of any of the licensed or unlicensed 1/6 thrones that have been made.

I was saying that it would be disingenuous for 3Z to put an Iron Throne front and center in nearly all of the promo pictures of this figure ... and then not sell one.

Well, it's an unlicensed bootleg for starters. And it's also pretty hard to find these days for a reasonable price. But my point wasn't that I was criticizing the quality of any of the licensed or unlicensed 1/6 thrones that have been made.

I was saying that it would be disingenuous for 3Z to put an Iron Throne front and center in nearly all of the promo pictures of this figure ... and then not sell one.

ok I understand your point

You can find an Iron Throne comparable to the Hero Club version on Ali Express for under $100. I posted photos of one I bought there for about $100 a while back (I think in the general GoT thread). Not licensed but neither are many of the figures offered on this board (check the customs sections).

Sean

You can find an Iron Throne comparable to the Hero Club version on Ali Express for under $100. I posted photos of one I bought there for about $100 a while back (I think in the general GoT thread). Not licensed but neither are many of the figures offered on this board (check the customs sections).

Sean

Do you have a picture of yours?

Wait! They have changed the price? I'm sure when she was announced it said 158, but now I've just checked on their FB page and it says 178, just like Arya. In one hand makes sense in the current market, but I really hoped for a price drop (no rooted hair, no other accessories than crown and hands, etc.)

Do you have a picture of yours?
Yeah, also posted a thread about them:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ron+throne&highlight=game+thrones+iron+throne

From that thread I wrote:
Ok, so I just got the Iron Throne I ordered from AliExpress. It arrived really fast from China, and was only $100, free shipping. It seems to be pretty exactly as advertised. The chair itself is 13 inches tall, the almost 1 inch base adds another inch to that. That seller no longer has this Throne but you can find them for under $200 on AliExpress. Better than the $300+ prices on eBay for a Hero Club version.
The only drawback is that the base is just about 1/2 inch too large to allow the door to close fully on a Detlof. Otherwise very happy with it. A repaint will do wonders, too.

22.jpg11.jpg

Sean

I have the Hero Club Iron Throne, I paid $255 shipped, and have to say that it's bigger (14.5 inches tall without stand, which is not included), barely fits into a Detolf, but allows bigger characters, like Ned, to sit on it without problem. Also, the quality looks quite a bit better than that.

Is there a long window between direct release from ThreeZero to when BBTS gets it? Like there is with Asmus... sometimes months.

I asked the same question a few weeks
ago. I can't remember where I posted it so I don't know if I got an answer.lol. So if anyone knows do tell.

Yet another really nice looking prototype from them. If the final figure came even close to that, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I'm sure it will end up just as tiny and undersized as Daenerys and look barely anything like her.

Yeah. Threezero has to impress me with their next release. Otherwise I'm very skeptical of getting something close to the prototype. Daenerys was one of the biggest disappointments I've had in this hobby - and that was with giving them leeway for error.

I'm sure that's their own throne. Maybe they think they can't sell both together for the price, or maybe it's not ready for production. We'll see it in the future I reckon, maybe sold on its own. Personally, I'd like a Joffrey to go on it.

If we finally get a Tywin then Cercei will look a little out of place with the other Lannisters. I suppose that would be expected at some point though. I just prefer an earlier season Cercei anyway. I can't believe they didn't give a goblet or something. That would have been easy.

So with the current releases and those on PO threezero has made all the "biggies" I'd say. The ones with the most fan followings, the "main" characters. Now I think it's time to go with secondary popular characters.
Brienne is the obvious choice. Again, I'd rather have a season 2 armor with the helmet. So...

Brienne
Tormund
Ygritte
Tywin
Joffrey
Robb
Stannis
Oberyn

Please no alternative versions yet. Unless they want to fix some of those ugly sculpts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, also posted a thread about them:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ron+throne&highlight=game+thrones+iron+throne

From that thread I wrote:
Ok, so I just got the Iron Throne I ordered from AliExpress. It arrived really fast from China, and was only $100, free shipping. It seems to be pretty exactly as advertised. The chair itself is 13 inches tall, the almost 1 inch base adds another inch to that. That seller no longer has this Throne but you can find them for under $200 on AliExpress. Better than the $300+ prices on eBay for a Hero Club version.
The only drawback is that the base is just about 1/2 inch too large to allow the door to close fully on a Detlof. Otherwise very happy with it. A repaint will do wonders, too.

View attachment 409302View attachment 409303

Sean

That throne looks about 80% scale to me, maybe 1/7 rather than 1/6... But for $100, that’s still really awesome. Well found SpaceCrawler Sean!

Threezero won't release the Iron Throne, at least for now. I asked on their Facebook page and they answer is as follows:
"Thank you always for your continued support! HBO has not given us permission to sell the Iron Throne, so fans must show HBO the strong interest in a Threezero Iron Throne and be vocal toward HBO and then maybe someday they will permit us to release it."

I talked to jazzDioramas in passing about a Throne/Throne room diorama, if interest is there, he will make it. I say blow his messager up and let him know it must be made!

I asked the same question a few weeks
ago. I can't remember where I posted it so I don't know if I got an answer.lol. So if anyone knows do tell.

Yeah. Threezero has to impress me with their next release. Otherwise I'm very skeptical of getting something close to the prototype. Daenerys was one of the biggest disappointments I've had in this hobby - and that was with giving them leeway for error.

I'm sure that's their own throne. Maybe they think they can't sell both together for the price, or maybe it's not ready for production. We'll see it in the future I reckon, maybe sold on its own. Personally, I'd like a Joffrey to go on it.

If we finally get a Tywin then Cercei will look a little out of place with the other Lannisters. I suppose that would be expected at some point though. I just prefer an earlier season Cercei anyway. I can't believe they didn't give a goblet or something. That would have been easy.

So with the current releases and those on PO threezero has made all the "biggies" I'd say. The ones with the most fan followings, the "main" characters. Now I think it's time to go with secondary popular characters.
Brienne is the obvious choice. Again, I'd rather have a season 2 armor with the helmet. So...

Brienne
Tormund
Ygritte
Tywin
Joffrey
Robb
Stannis
Oberyn

Please no alternative versions yet. Unless they want to fix some of those ugly sculpts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Not a bad list but you're missing Bronn and Ramsy and those two my most wanted.

Back