Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you guys. The paint app is amazing on that sculpt but something about it looks a tad off

...do you guys really not like the sculpt, or the fact that you have to replace the threezero sculpt. Cause there is legit zero objective comparison between the two.

...do you guys really not like the sculpt, or the fact that you have to replace the threezero sculpt. Cause there is legit zero objective comparison between the two.

The paint work on the custom is better, as it should be. As far as resemblance goes though I think the origianl threezero looks more like Jon Snow. And since we are throwing around unfounded statements I think you're eye sight sucks and you should probably get your eyes checked.

I think it's the translucent material thats throwing it off. Also the stock head is atrocious.

There isn't one Jon Snow sculpt I've seen that I like. I have the figure, just need a decent head to put on it. Wish someone would make one.

Sean

Yea I don't think the old one is better but to me all the John Snow sculpts out there seem off. I haven't seen a good one yet. But the paint app on Raymond's sculpt looks great that's for sure

If I were to change one thing about the vimkerk sculpt it would be the hairline/top of hair.

But even with that there is really no comparison. The stock threezero sculpt is truly aweful. The vimkerk likeness also has flaws but I brought as much as I could out with paint. Overall I'm very happy, it's as good or better than Tyrion now. I'd be open to someone trying another take at it but I can more than live with this. Now Ned just needs a new sculpt desperately.

I'm anxious to see someone put real hair on the bald version.

I'm not great painter like Ray, but here's mine.

VT508ai.png

Definitely an improvement over the original, albeit it's still not perfect.

I'm not great painter like Ray, but here's mine.

VT508ai.png

Definitely an improvement over the original, albeit it's still not perfect.

Loved it!!!, The sculpt is definitely a major improvement from the stock. It's screaming kit for me.

No it's not that I would have to change the head I just think the original looks better than that sculpt. It looks like the hair line is too far back and something about the eyes and nose. Don't get me wrong the Zero head is not good either but I would not pay to replace it with that sculpt. Just an opinion.

Don't get me wrong the Zero head is not good either but I would not pay to replace it with that sculpt.

This is my feelings on custom heads as well. There's some good work out there, but when I'm paying over half the price of the figure on an unpainted head, it's hard to justfiy. Even a painted head that nearly costs as much as the figure.

Of course, if I learned how to paint. . . and paint well. . . that changes the whole ball game. Then I'M the one that gets to charge $200 for a paint job, and then that's free figures baby!!!

Has anyone done any comparisons or sizing for a white wolf statue or figure for Ghost? There are several available that are simply better than the ex made by three z.

Back