Threezero 1/6 Rick Grimes - Official AMC Walking Dead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a pleasant surprise, my Rick arrived today. Total surprise as I never got a tracking number. He looks great in person. The likeness is actually pretty good, but I don't think the paint allows it to photograph well. But it does look nice in person. My only real gripes are him not having a wedding ring on the left hands and the boots being too light. They should be a dark brown, almost black. The Velcro on my machete sheath isn't the strongest hold, but it can be kept in place. The machete is actually wrapped on the handle, not just sculpted so that was a nice surprise! The weathering on the pants is really great too. That's what ThreeZero really excels at and where they actually beat Hot Toys.

Can't wait to get Merle and hopefully Michonne and Daryl aren't too far behind either. They've really got to do a Negan asap and hopefully a Governor as well.

About £40-£50 cheaper.

I paid £107.99 delivered for Rick, but I've seen him listed at a lot higher.

My last Threezero was from about 1999, the Tom Cruise pilot I recently got shot of. So this will be my only representative from the company.

Wow, £107 is great. It seems to be sold for £140 or so now which is annoying as I think its a good looking figure for the price. I didn't go for John Snow as the quality just was not there for me but this is pretty good in hand I think.

Wow, £107 is great. It seems to be sold for £140 or so now which is annoying as I think its a good looking figure for the price. I didn't go for John Snow as the quality just was not there for me but this is pretty good in hand I think.

Missed out on that one, but got mine @ idtoys.co.uk for £124.99. Still pretty good value

He finally arrived. I've actually never futzed any other figure more than I have this one... He just didn't look right for a long time out of the box, but I'm finally happy with the pose that I have him as next to The Governor, in which they both look awesome next to each other. :yess:

Thoughts on the figure: as with ThreeZero's Jesse Pinkman, the head sculpt took more than a few looks and fixing to get me on board but now I've had him for the best part of a day, I can say I'm satisfied with the HS. The only issue I have with the HS, and it's fairly minor, is the eyes are too small for Andrew Lincoln, I know he is meant to be squinting on this figure, but the eyes still are a little small.
It's a lesser quality figure and the price reflects that, but he looks terrific in my "custom figure corner" (i.e. non-Hot Toys) part of my collection, and I think he's appropriately priced tbh. The weathering is stunningly done and I agree with whoever said it earlier in this thread, that that is one thing ThreeZero topple Hot Toys with. The guns are appropriately battle weary, the machete is a nice touch too, the shoes are stunning, perhaps the best part of the figure imo. They are really nicely down and look amazing. I was worried in pictures I've seen, about the shoulders, to me they looked too big for the figure, but I've found a happy medium for me where it mostly eliminates that gripe. The grey shirt underneath is a little painful, as it doesn't seem to sit right, but the jacket he is wearing is aweosome. The belt is nicely down with great detail as well. I think he's great, and after Jesse, ThreeZero are stepping up. Heisenberg still takes the cake, but this is second for me, then Jesse a close third. :lecture

:hi5: I'm just stoked to have him. Next stop Carol!

Rick 1.jpg
Rick 2.jpg
Rick 3.jpg
Rick 4.jpg
Rick 5.jpg
Rick 6.jpg
Rick 7.jpg
Rick 8.jpg
Rick 9.jpg

Troy, what modifications/futzing did you do? You mentioned it but didn't say exactly what.

I really want this figure. UGH. I like him more than I thought I would. I'm just torn because, while I could just buy him now, I don't want him to sit alone on a shelf while I wait for another major character. I won't be getting the Pet Zombies or Merle, so it'll be a long wait.

Received mine today. Pics don't do justice to this fig.
The sculpt looks really good, though the paint app isn't quite up there with Hot Toys and does detract somewhat on closer examination.
As mentioned by Troy, the expression is a bit "squinty", but this isn't a major problem for me.

My only other gripe is the clearly generic hands. It's impossible to get a comfortable looking grip on the revolver as it does not appear to have been made to hold it correctly, and there is an obvious colour match problem with the arm.

Everything else is great though. Very pleased.

Wish they'd hurry up with Michonne now ... Pet walkers getting restless

Received mine today. Pics don't do justice to this fig.
The sculpt looks really good, though the paint app isn't quite up there with Hot Toys and does detract somewhat on closer examination.
As mentioned by Troy, the expression is a bit "squinty", but this isn't a major problem for me.

My only other gripe is the clearly generic hands. It's impossible to get a comfortable looking grip on the revolver as it does not appear to have been made to hold it correctly, and there is an obvious colour match problem with the arm.

Everything else is great though. Very pleased.

Wish they'd hurry up with Michonne now ... Pet walkers getting restless

Congrats on getting it mate! Just wondering if you think a full body swap would be an option? Can't wait to get mine. But my big gripe with threezero is the garbage hands they all seem to come with :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Redman sculpt is a recast of Ya Ha's screaming Rick sculpt. With a repaint it's not a bad sculpt but only works for certain poses and angles.
9b6ccb84fa09d1b2d2b53b5be45fcbc7.jpg

fa773b3c9104cb77e928731c468d0170.jpg

The sculpt is based on this publicity shot of Lincoln.
cac2f99c2ff659e5133abac57f064272.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on getting it mate! Just wondering if you think a full body swap would be an option? Can't wait to get mine. But my big gripe with threezero is the garbage hands they all seem to come with :p

I did swap out the hand for HT Bespin Luke's blaster hand temporarily. A bit smaller, but fits and works much better for grip. Colour match with arm is even worse though.
Saying that, it's should be easy enough to arrange jacket sleeves to cover the (as usual) awful wrist joints.

Body is pretty good generally. Neck/sculpt contrast is no where near as bad as it looks in some photos.

I did swap out the hand for HT Bespin Luke's blaster hand temporarily. A bit smaller, but fits and works much better for grip. Colour match with arm is even worse though.
Saying that, it's should be easy enough to arrange jacket sleeves to cover the (as usual) awful wrist joints.

Body is pretty good generally. Neck/sculpt contrast is no where near as bad as it looks in some photos.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking of just doing a body swap. Dunno if I would get away with a Bruce Lee body as it's a little shorter I think. Maybe a wolverine style body. And Han Solo hands for the pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the body have a sculpted neck on this guy or is it a separate piece? If it's a separate piece I have a good sculpted neck piece that will work otherwise I may have to look at getting a different body entirely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Does the body have a sculpted neck on this guy or is it a separate piece? If it's a separate piece I have a good sculpted neck piece that will work otherwise I may have to look at getting a different body entirely.

You're in luck. Neck pops out separately :)

Troy, what modifications/futzing did you do? You mentioned it but didn't say exactly what.

I really want this figure. UGH. I like him more than I thought I would. I'm just torn because, while I could just buy him now, I don't want him to sit alone on a shelf while I wait for another major character. I won't be getting the Pet Zombies or Merle, so it'll be a long wait.

If I said modifications I apologise, I just meant I had a lot of trouble getting his jacket to sit right on him, as he looks odd as either his shoulders seem too high up, or his neck/head is too low. So futzing with the jacket helped him not appear to be mid shrug with his shoulder area. Also, the shirt underneath is terribly bad at crunching up (for lack of a better word), so it looks like the shirt is ill fitting, a little bit of fussing around with it helped in that regard. It may seem insane to some, but I spent nearly an hour just on these two things, as every time I seemed satisfied, I wouldn't be after a second glance. And that's all before I even settled on the rifle as my weapon of choice! A whole other story there haha :panic:

Back