Threezero 1/6 Rick Grimes - Official AMC Walking Dead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is pretty interesting:
5d84ede22c8558f9491946866da98b0f.jpg

37b71c966014cdf9f60f36a519a1863c.jpg

From the booklet included in Season 6, seems that Daryl, Michonne and Merle are done or close to being done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm guessing that this is where the line was supposed to be at this point in time. Too bad... I would have bought all those

Look folks, it's pretty clear AMC is behind the hold up on these. We saw these completed years ago. AMC gives approval, there's nothing threezero can do about it.

It's maddening that people keep giving threezero **** for this.

Look folks, it's pretty clear AMC is behind the hold up on these. We saw these completed years ago. AMC gives approval, there's nothing threezero can do about it.

It's maddening that people keep giving threezero **** for this.

I honestly don't think that's right. McFarlane has been constantly cranking out figures for the past few years while ThreeZero has been sitting on Walking Dead. I mean who would approve Michonne's Pets and not Michonne herself or Daryl or Rick for years? The Rick we are getting didn't even have this look in existence when we saw WIP shots of Rick figures! How this look leap frogged over Michonne, Merle, Daryl, and possibly even 2 other Rick looks just makes zero sense.

I still think the issue is with threezero. They've got a LOT of licenses right now and they just haven't given Walking Dead much love. Even Breaking Bad almost has a better line up right now, and GoT is practically complete in comparison. I'm a big fan of threezero's work, but I can't defend their production line up choices since this line has been so confusing. If they make them, I'll buy them. But they've got to make them first! :lol

Well then explain to me why it's clear?

They finished the figures, we saw them on their workbench years ago. They send them to AMC for approval. AMC doesn't approve it. threezero sits on it and does other things.

Do you honestly think they're just going to sit on finished figures and choose not to release them?

Do you think it makes sense that they'd spend thousands of dollars on a license, and then just choose not to produce figures from it?

Im not sure who is responsible (or in what combination, if any) but if i ran 3Z and if this was AMC's fault I would be politely putting that out on FB, twitter, etc. AMC can let a doll line flop. Ultimately theyre a tv channel. But this is 3Z's livelihood and business reputation at stake. And i would argue that their rep has been almost irrevocably tarnished. Not only that, theyre a relatively new company w/o the built up cred of a hot toys.

This is what happens when you go quiet in this type of situation. Other people get to write your story for you. And if it's repeated enough it has a good chance of becoming "fact". 3Z could have easily said theyre having some approval issues. That would have made it clear. And i doubt the agreement bars them from stating so. But by giving the bot "stay tuned" response, they let people fill in the blanks with whatever they want.

They finished the figures, we saw them on their workbench years ago. They send them to AMC for approval. AMC doesn't approve it. threezero sits on it and does other things.

Do you honestly think they're just going to sit on finished figures and choose not to release them?

Do you think it makes sense that they'd spend thousands of dollars on a license, and then just choose not to produce figures from it?

It doesn't make sense to me that AMC wouldn't approve of the likenesses? And if they didn't approve of the likenesses why didn't 3zero show tweaked head sculpts like every other manufacturer does? Does the Rick Grimes that seems like it is actually going to be released have a spot on likeness? Not to me he doesn't. AMC approved it but not the others?

It doesn't make sense to me that AMC wouldn't approve of the likenesses? And if they didn't approve of the likenesses why didn't 3zero show tweaked head sculpts like every other manufacturer does? Does the Rick Grimes that seems like it is actually going to be released have a spot on likeness? Not to me he doesn't. AMC approved it but not the others?

Why doesn't it make sense that likenesses wouldn't be approved? It happens frequently.

I've dealt with two TV licenses in particular, we signed deals for the license, but once we sent in heads, the talent kept rejecting it, saying this or that was off. After a few months it became apparent through their actions, plus through the grapevine amongst other licensing agents that certain people just don't want to be action figures. The catch is that they signed merchandising agreements, but it's still contingent on the talent's approval.

So, if Danai Gurira doesn't like the head, then it doesn't move forward. Why is she okay with the McFarlane head and not threezero's?? I got the impression that at a smaller scale, expectations are lower, so they're more forgiving. I worked for three years (well, I was only with the company for two, but the license was signed before I joined) on a license, where busts, mugs, bobbleheads and small scale figures were all approved, but our larger scale figure wasn't. And all the merch for that license looked awful. I may be looking back on it with rose colored glasses, but when I first saw our "rejected" head, I was wowed, it was a great sculpt.

I've been where threezero is at, we had to take it on the chin for years. I asked the licensor if we could make some sort of announcement about why it's taking so long, so we could get the chip off our shoulders. Of course, they said "No", so we just had to take it. The licensor isn't going to allow a licensee to say "Hey guys, it's not our fault, the star of the show isn't approving the figure." In our case, the talent was literally not accepting anything, and using approval as a bargaining chip in contract negotiations.

I mean, I was a Sideshow Freak before I joined the company. I had no idea what went on behind the scenes. After two years, it's really soured me on the whole thing, especially with how much work goes into making a figure, and how ungrateful and impatient most collectors are, at least the opinions I read here, on OSW and Facebook. I do my best to be understanding of companies' positions on these sorts of things, and try to give manufacturers the benefit of the doubt.

Frankly, it's plain to me that the majority of people on this forum, especially in this thread, do not understand how the industry works. I only spent a short time in it, but I do think I have a better understanding than most about what goes on. I hope my experience wasn't typical of the industry as a whole, as it was pretty awful. I've found that most people don't really want answers, they just want to complain. So, I can tell you the truth about what goes on, but it won't change anything, you'll still be back here complaining in a few weeks about delays. That's just what people do.

In conclusion, just rest assured that threezero is doing everything they can to get Walking Dead stuff out, but it's really out of their hands.

Mmmm.... Maybe the children of my child will see a Negan figure...[emoji57]

Back