Thread Index: Hot Toys - 1/6 Batman lines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP - Thread Index: Hot Toys - 1/6 Batman lines

In my opinion, not that it means much, I think Pirate should just delete the thread now and abandon it. He tried to do something good to help people out and instead of thanks he got people hurling abuse and telling him what he should be including in his own thread (admittedly not everyone just a few extremely rude people)

Now having a thread for every Batman release, I'd just say screw it and not bother. A shame as it was good of him to take his time to make all these threads to help people out, especially new collectors, of which there seems to be more and more lately.

Re: WIP - Thread Index: Hot Toys - Batman lines

That's what it's about! I mean nobody made a thread like this before and nobody cared, now that I made it I'm not allowed to decide what I made it for?

precisely. and sadly, as Russell said, maybe the whole thing should just be thrown out. an index cluttered with every batman thing is pointless ~ the whole dc forum is predominantly batman-related. people can just use the search function. it only ever made sense to separate nolan bats because of the scope of that particular franchise.

and, with the thread gone at least nobody gets their way instead of the brat having his stupid lollipop.

i'm done with this thread ~ good luck Pirate! glad to know you're not totally discouraged and disgusted. clearly i need to spend my time elsewhere.

Re: Thread Index: Hot Toys - BB, TDK, TDKR - Releases

Here's my 2 cents, if by sticking Hot Toys monicker on the title means that it should include every Batman lines done by HT, considering the thread is listed under DC Action Figures then logic dictates that it shouldn't just be restricted to only HT, but Mattell, DCD, Lego, etc.

Nah, I don't see it like that. I think its sufficient that this be a thread for only high-end realistic looking action figures. Thusly HT. The only question that raises is should 1:4scale (and Enterbay's Batman) be included.

Thank you guys for all your statements!

You really made me think about it again.

I just put the index on the first page "on hold" until I can decide if I delete it and ask a mod to delete the thread or not.

Don't let Giger get to you Pirate, we know you mean well.

This was bound to happen though no matter what was done once it was put up. I think the DC section and Aliens section could live without this index, but that Iron Man one with all these suits and variation has GOT to be help. I don't see how any collector could keep their head wrapped around all those releases, let alone collect all of them.

I think it'll be a good help in the A & R section. Even I'll use it for easy access to given threads. Hopefully newbs will too rather than starting new threads.

This is crazy. Then why did Pirate include all the official pics & specs, and more, in the Iron Man and Terminator threads? He even created a Terminator thread because he couldn't find the originals. He was asking for people to find links and help him out.

He repeatedly said that he's doing this to help newbs and the community, so why leave out crucial releases that would put this thread in line with all the others he created? Now he's saying it's his thread and he'll pick and chose.

I'm not bullying him, he's no victim. The hyperbole in this thread defies belief. Unbelievable!

Last edited:

Because he made a thread for Hot Toys Dark Knight Trilogy 1/6 line. Simple as that. Or at least it should have been.

Don't let Giger get to you Pirate, we know you mean well.

I hope he does realise that the majority of us know he meant well and had good intentions. I feel quite bad for the guy, going to the effort of making this only to be met by moronic arguments.

I think it'll be a good help in the A & R section. Even I'll use it for easy access to given threads. Hopefully newbs will too rather than starting new threads.

This is exactly how I saw the thread, as something to help mostly knew collectors who seem to be popping up and asking about older figure etc. specially given that I think a lot of collectors are brought into this hobby through the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Last edited:

I hope he does realise that the majority of us know he meant well and had good intentions. I feel quite bad for the guy, going to the effort of making this only to be me by moronic arguments.

This is exactly how I saw the thread, as something to help mostly knew collectors who seem to be popping up and asking about older figure etc. specially given that I think a lot of collectors are brought into this hobby through the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Now it all makes sense. :slap

Freudian slip, huh?

Nope, spelling mistake. :dunno but my point still stands, which you seem to have conveniently passed over.

Last edited:

No, actually it was even more clear. :lol You can see the original title in the second post as the titles don't change in all posts, only in the ones that are left after the title was changed:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5936122&postcount=2

So the original title was:

Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Begins, The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Rises Releases - Thread Index

The only reason I changed the title to

1/6 Thread Index: Hot Toys - BB, TDK, TDKR - Releases

was, that the red marked selecteble prefix was changed (not by me but generally for the board) from "Hot Toys 1/6" to just "1/6".

Now that I had to enter "Hot Toys" as text to keep it clear there was no longer enough space for the entire movie titles.

Thought as much. Then I really really question the mods' decision.

Nah, I don't see it like that. I think its sufficient that this be a thread for only high-end realistic looking action figures. Thusly HT. The only question that raises is should 1:4scale (and Enterbay's Batman) be included.

By that logic then yes, Enterbay should not be left out. And why stop there? I'm sure there are other figure companies out there like Medicom and Takara for example that need to be included. So why only HT then? Can't you see the error there?

This is crazy. Then why did Pirate include all the official pics & specs, and more, in the Iron Man and Terminator threads? He even created a Terminator thread because he couldn't find the originals. He was asking for people to find links and help him out.

You suggested and even did the same thing. So what's the problem? You said that it's a community effort, didn't you?

He repeatedly said that he's doing this to help newbs and the community, so why leave out crucial releases that would put this thread in line with all the others he created? Now he's saying it's his thread and he'll pick and chose.

Crucial according to whom? The scope of his index is clear: Nolan's trilogy. This IS his thread, he started it, so he gets to pick and choose.

I'm not bullying him, he's no victim. The hyperbole in this thread defies belief. Unbelievable!

Sure sure. So says the guy who started it all. All you have to do is be an adult and apologise.

You can argue around in circles all you like, but it's the forum admin that makes the decisions around here, not me.

Unbelievable! Am I missing something here?...
Yes, you missed that you're a giant *********. If you can envision a better way for Pirate to have done it, then do it yourself and make it your own sticky instead of being a little b***h in his. Jesus.

Don't be so childish

BATMAN 1989

Hot Toys - DX09 - Batman 1989 - BATMAN (Michael Keaton)
Hot Toys - DX08 -Batman 1989 - The JOKER (Jack Nicholson)
Hot Toys -MMS170 - BATMAN 1989 - Batmobile Collectible Vehicle
Hot Toys - DX14 - Mime Joker

picture.php

Hot Toys - MMS013 - BATMAN BEGINS - BATMAN [Is there a specs and pics thread for this figure?]
Hot Toys - MMS140 - BATMAN BEGINS - BATMAN DEMON & SCARECROW (HOT TOYS 10TH ANNIVERSARY EXCLUSIVE)
Hot Toys - MMS155 - BATMAN BEGINS - BATMAN/ BRUCE WAYNE (BATSUIT BEGINS VERSION) - (2011 TOY FAIRS EXCLUSIVE)

picture.php

Hot Toys - MMS067 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMAN (ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Hot Toys - MMS068 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER
Hot Toys - MMS069 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMOBILE [Aka TUMBLER, closed thread.]
Hot Toys - MMS069 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMOBILE [Aka TUMBLER, 2nd release.]
Hot Toys - MMS070 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BAT-POD [Closed thread.]
Hot Toys - MMS071 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMAN (THE DARK KNIGHT COSTUME) [Closed thread. Is there an open thread?]
Hot Toys - MMS079 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER (BANK ROBBER VERSION)
Hot Toys - MMS081 - THE DARK KNIGHT - TWO-FACE/ HARVEY DENT
Hot Toys - MMS182 - THE DARK KNIGHT - LT. JIM GORDON (S.W.A.T. SUIT VERSION) - (2012 TOY FAIRS EXCLUSIVE)

HOT TOYS - DX01 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER
HOT TOYS - DX02 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMAN
HOT TOYS - DX11 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER 2.0

picture.php

Hot Toys - MMS177 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - BAT-POD
Hot Toys - MMS183 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - BANE
Hot Toys - MMS184 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - TUMBLER (CAMOUFLAGE VERSION)
Hot Toys - MMS188 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - SELINA KYLE/ CATWOMAN

Hot Toys - DX12 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - BATMAN/ BRUCE WAYNE

Hot Toys - ??? - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - "BAT SUIT CASE"

QS-01 The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN 1/4 scale figure

Unconfirmed:

Hot Toys - MMS??? - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - "DETECTIVE JOHN BLAKE"

Last edited:

Good idea, but you forgot to include the 1989 Batman figures and Batmobile.

DX09 - Batman 1989 - Batman (Michael Keaton)

DX08 - Batman 1989 - The Joker (Jack Nicholson)

MMS170 - Batman 1989 - Batmobile Collectible Vehicle

And the QS-01 The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN 1/4 scale figure.

QS-01 The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN 1/4 scale figure

I don't think those were forgotten, since this thread seems to be focused on only the 1/6 scale Nolanverse series.

It's a Hot Toys index so everything should be included. Cherry picking just causes confusion.

Include the extra bits and don't be so ****. It's an index, not what you consider worthy of inclusion.

"The Everything Other Than Hot Toys 89 Batman And Quater Scale Figures Because I Want To Help And Don't Want To Confuse New Collectors Thread" :duh

Unbelievable! Am I missing something here? Pirate included every release in the Marvel and Terminator indexes, including figures speculated about and those that haven't been announced yet, updated daily if necessary.

But in this index, he's acting like a dictator, making up fairytales as to why he isn't including the only remaining product links I took the time to find and create.

Now he's trying to extort me and the DC forum like a 5yo throwing a tantrum over being called an idiot, when he clearly is behaving like and idiot.

Power corrupts!

Every Hot Toys Iron Man and every Terminator, genius. Except the quarter scale figures, because that would be a bridge too far, we couldn't possible cope with that.

Thread title be damned. 89 Batman is essential to this index, as the rest of the other figures are in it.

It seems Pirate doesn't want to include them because he's not a fan of 89 Batman. Prove me wrong.

Do it right, or don't do it all.

These threads are well done and all inclusive. Same type of threads, same purpose as this one.

You can argue around in circles all you like, but it's the forum admin that makes the decisions around here, not me.

Don't be so childish

I think this is a pot calling the kettle black. Look at your own posts up there. They look mature to you? You can't even answer DarkMagic's argument with a counter argument to justify your position and instead you just whine and moan and focus solely on the word "index" because, and I quote, "Thread title be damned".

Give a reasoned argument to justify your position and people will listen to you. If you can't and then resort to name calling, don't be surprised by all this "negativity" towards you.

Btw, did you credit Pirate for most of those lists and those nice picture tags? And where are the cosbabies thread? I don't see 1960's Batman, Robin and Batmobile. Don't forget the upcoming figures from the Arkham game series.

Alright, im locking this thread and will open it again as soon as pirate is ready to edit his first post of the index.

Back