Thread Index: Hot Toys - 1/6 Batman lines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found a dx12 new for 370$ but I have a couple of question... is it really worth to spend so much money for a 7 years old figure?!
Do you think hot toys will release another version of bale batman? maybe for an anniversary of the movie (2022?)
Or is it better to wait for the newer design of the character (new movie with robert pattinson?)

First, you're in the wrong thread. This is an index thread, and a thread about the entire line of figures. You're asking about DX12 specifically (and perhaps Hot Toys' future plans in general). It'd be a lot better to ask this kind of question in the DX12 thread - which is actually linked to in the first post of this thread.

Do you think hot toys will release another version of bale batman? maybe for an anniversary of the movie (2022?)

I think this is unlikely. Given that the new Batman movie is going to be released around that timeframe, it's probably a lot more likely that they're going to spend their limited DC energy on the new movie specifically. Both DC and Hot Toys probably have high hopes for that movie - they're going to want to capitalize on its popularity.

I have found a dx12 new for 370$ but I have a couple of question... is it really worth to spend so much money for a 7 years old figure?!

Or is it better to wait for the newer design of the character (new movie with robert pattinson?)

These are really questions that only you can answer for yourself. To make it easier, the questions you should be asking specifically are:

A) Is $370 a fair price for this figure (DX12 in New Condition)?

B) Do I care about this character/figure enough that it's worth spending $370 on?

To answer question A, you just look at what the average sale price of this is. (Check Ebay and filter on "Sold" items). It seems to be a bit higher than $370 for a new figure, so I think that the answer to question A is "Yes, this is a fair price. It would be unrealistic to expect that you can get this figure specifically for a better price than that."

But only you can answer Question B. How much do you want the figure? How much do you care about Bale Batman? About Hot Toys action figures? Is that $370 going to be spent most efficiently to make you happy by buying the figure, or would that money be better spent on something you care about more? Only you can look into your own soul to find the answer to that.

I love Bale Batman and my Hot Toys Batman collection would be incomplete without this figure, so I would of course spend the money. But my collection, my interests, my financial resources, and my attachment to the figure and character are all going to be different from you, so that's not really relevant.

I can say that if all you care about is having some form of Batman figure from Hot Toys in 1/6 scale and you don't mind waiting 18-24 months, then you'll save money by just waiting for the inevitable Robert Pattinson figure.

Back