Thoughts On Netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my plan:

1 at-a-time (Unlimited) Plan

Does that mean I can stream at the same time that I have a DVD?

my point is that its one of those things that isn't a conspiracy and its not "wrong" for netflix to do. they don't have to lose money on certain customers just because they happen to live close and watch a crap load of new releases. anyone really noticing the throttling shouldn't be complaining because you're receiving benefits WAY WAY WAY above and beyond $20 value in the first place.

This is my plan:

1 at-a-time (Unlimited) Plan

Does that mean I can stream at the same time that I have a DVD?

Yep you can stream even if you have a DVD sitting at home- you can stream onto your computer....or you can buy/rent one of those boxes they offer so you can stream them onto your tv...or if you have an XBOX 360.....but Gekko is right.....most internet providers do put a cap so make sure you are not going over it or the extra charges can be costly.

im also on the 3 movies at a time. they are usually pretty good about the turn around time but occasionally i get delays.
the hub for netflix in my area is about an hour from where i live.........the average time in exchange is mail in one day get a movie on third day. (about the fastest........but hardly the constant)

give it a try pix, i think they always have that few weeks trial period for free?

Its great. We went down to the 2 at a time program because we don't watch as many movies anymore but we never had a problem.

Netflix is great. I have the 1 DVD at a time plan and that is plenty for me. Anymore and I feel like I'm renting movies I don't really want to see. I get an average of 2 a week. The streaming is also very good got the selection is limited. Keep in mind that if you want to stream over xbox 360 you need to have an xbox live gold account.

I was skeptical I guess about it at first and use to rent from Blockbuster a lot but then switch to Redbox, my grl gets the NetFlix stuff and we have a option of 3 right now and I LOVE it, if I want something instantly though I'll drive to our local Rebbox but NetFlix is pretty quick once requested on the next movie in the que.

So... does the streaming video look crappy through the Xbox on a large tv? I would image it would be pixilated and probably pretty slow at some points. What's the buzz?

So... does the streaming video look crappy through the Xbox on a large tv? I would image it would be pixilated and probably pretty slow at some points. What's the buzz?

It depends on how fast your connection speed is.....there has been a couple times that the video stopped for a few moments because my connection had slowed down so it was recalculating the connection speed so it would play back without any pixelating or skips. You can even stream HD videos. I thought it looked great. Just like a DVD or HD-DVD.

I don't stream to my XBox although I have a hacked version that I sodered a chip to that allows me to via FTP files to it as it were a PC. It's basically a PIII 733MHZ machine whenever u scrap out the parts :lol

Regardless I transfer 700MB movies to it all the time that I download and they are in codecs like avi, mpg, xvid and display them on a 65" inch TV, also some high resolution HD downloads that I have downloaded around 1.5G looks really nice on the big screen. (swap out the small hard drive with a 500gig)

No complaints here :rock

the only thing that is SOMETIMES annoying with Netflix is that they don't always update their DVDs if a new version comes out. They have been getting better with it, but sometimes I am expecting amazing video quality, and then realize that they sent the crappy old non-anamorphic version to me.

the only thing that is SOMETIMES annoying with Netflix is that they don't always update their DVDs if a new version comes out. They have been getting better with it, but sometimes I am expecting amazing video quality, and then realize that they sent the crappy old non-anamorphic version to me.

Yeah sometimes we do get a scratch DVD, that will not operate cleanly.

Back