Thoughts On Netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it and think it's great - also have an XBOX 360 so I can watching streaming movies straight to my TV. They have a very wide selection - almost can guarantee that you could find whatever you were looking for. Plus I have a shipping center not far from where I live so I can get movies in a day.

I've been using Netflix for about 6-7 years now and love it (whenever it started). I have discovered so many new movies that I would never have known about without netflix. I'm a big fan of foreign films and love Criterion, and these films have normally been harder to get a hold of - but netflix seems to carry almost everything. i love the fact that within 2 days of me mailing something out I will get my next movie.

I'm a fan!!

Yup I have had netflix for about 6 or 7 years as well. I love it! :rock

Plus now if you have an Xbox or certain DVD players you can stream certain movies as well.

I echo the positive endorsements posted in this thread. Netflix gets a plus 1 from me as well.

Fast, easy, cheap... just how I like my women. :lol

i was really cynical the first few years I heard of it, then i started maybe 4 years ago. My wife and I love it. We watch mostly tv series that we missed over the years.
We divided our account into 3 queues. 1 for her, 1 for me and 1 for us.
Currently I have like 40 Dr Who dvds all lined up in a row on the "us".

I would probably cancel cable before I cancelled netflix.

I would not do the 1 at a time... might as well do blockbuster or not at all in that case.

I would go with the standard 3 at a time.

I have also used Netflix for years, and have enjoyed it for the reasons stated here. I only get 1 at a time. I had more, but they just sat there for weeks until I got a chance to watch them, so this works for me.

For about a year, I switched over to Blockbuster online, since they let you switch stuff out at their store for a rental until the next disc arrived in the mail, but when they started adding restrictions on how many you could do a month, etc., I went back to Netflix.

Blockbuster had a great thing going, but they had to nickle-and-dime us with it, and so they lost my business. Screw them.

I had it for a while and cancelled it once they started Throttling on me...
I used to have the 3 at a time "unlimited" rentals, but it pisses me off when companies don't honor their side of the agreement...
Now I use Blockbuster, so I can get them on the mail and exchange them at a store,
better deal IMO :rock!!

I've been doing it on and off for several years and I absolutely LOVE it. It's really the best rental service I have ever had, and Gamefly isn't all that bad either. Both are great, you won't be disappointed in it.

If you plan on streaming a lot of Netflix movies, you might want to check the TOS on your ISP. Many ISP's are now hard capping bandwidth, some in extreme ways. You might have to do some math on how many movies you plan to stream , along with your other Net activity and your current plan with your ISP.

You might also want to Google the term "Netflix throttling" and do some light reading. I think you might see some limitations in how Netflix works given turnaround time depending on your usage level and where you live and which kinds of movies you want to see.

Good luck,

Gekko

Throttling is kinda a phony conspiracy. It seems to really only impact people that literally try to watch like 30 movies in a month. If you're using netflix enough to notice the throttling you are getting maximun benefit from your subscription anyway.

Throttling is kinda a phony conspiracy. It seems to really only impact people that literally try to watch like 30 movies in a month. If you're using netflix enough to notice the throttling you are getting maximun benefit from your subscription anyway.

I had the 3 at a time deal and was watching about 15 movies a month, the first 2 months it was ok but by the 3rd, 4rd month they would delay movies sometimes up to a week... it's real, it happens, and they've even accepted it publicly...

I only had the 4 DVD at a time when I was trying to get through actual seasons. I dropped to three and watch an average of about 10 movies month. Since our 360 is streaming though, our amount of movies has gone down. If they would get new movies in to screaming or at least match their current catalog, I'd probably downgrade my plan further to as low as it can be.

I opted for the unlimited 1 at a time option. I figure anymore than that and I'll feel obligated to watch things and thats a buzz kill. :p

How many of you do the unlimited option as opposed to the 1 DVD at a time option?

I used to do 4 at at time...which was great...but then there were spells when I would have movies sitting around for weeks on end.

So now I do two - but with the streaming movies - that's unlimited. :D

Back