Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor: Ragnarok’s Tessa Thompson slams “dumb” male screenwriters for their handling of female action heroes

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/09/thor-ragnaroks-tessa-thompson-slams-dumb-male-screenwriters-for-their-handling-of-female-action-heroes/

Creed star Tessa Thompson joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe this November as she takes on the role of the Asgardian warrior Valkyrie in the Marvel Studios threequel Thor: Ragnarok, but whatever you do, don’t describe her character as a “badass”! During an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Thompson has criticised male screenwriters for the way they handle female action heroes, stressing that to be the reason why she and director Taika Waititi deviated from the original comic book source material for their interpretation of Valkyrie:

“There’s an unfair position that women are sometimes put in, in the context of superhero movies and action movies where at once they have to be very strong and fierce, but also sexy,” said Thompson. “Obviously, it’s still a superhero movie and so you’ve got to figure out when you need to stand with your hands on your hips and what makes sense. But we wanted to create a character that occupied her own iconography. There’s one word I hate in all scripts in Hollywood at the moment in describing women, and that is the word “badass.” That word has just crept into every script that is pushed around this town now. It’s terrible, because it doesn’t mean anything. It’s a dumb male writer’s way of saying, ‘Ah, uh, she’s like, she, uh, she’s tough.’ Then straight after that it’s like, ‘She’s badass, but she’s got a beauty about her. And she’s sexy. Unconsciously sexy.’”

I still fall back on the milf mom and her 19 year old daughter duo at my family business over the summer with the daughter's gorgeous ass cheeks completely pushing out from under her daisy duke bikini shorts that were 2 sizes smaller than her butt with a sweet tattoo right above her butt crack and her gorgeous C boobs completely pushing out from her 2 size smaller bikini top and every single male staring at her, they just couldn't help it.

I was looking, my brothers were looking, our male coworkers were looking, the male customers even the ones sitting next to their wives couldn't resist.

Her mother said to us...

You men are disgusting don't you see that you're making her feel uncomfortable and she told us she wouldn't do business with us and left lol

Yay feminism lol.

Last edited:
I don't get it. She doesn't like that screenwriters want her character to be badass AND sexy? Or that they expect female characters to act like females?
By the way, she didn't look badass or sexy in the trailers. Actually she was the least interesting part of them.

I still fall back on the milf mom and her 19 year old daughter duo at my family business over the summer with the daughter's gorgeous ass cheeks completely pushing out from under her daisy duke bikini shorts that were 2 sizes smaller than her butt with a sweet tattoo right above her butt crack and her gorgeous C boobs completely pushing out from her 2 size smaller bikini top and every single male staring at her, they just couldn't help it.

I was looking, my brothers were looking, our male coworkers were looking, the male customers even the ones sitting next to their wives couldn't resist.

Her mother said to us...

You men are disgusting don't you see that you're making her feel uncomfortable and she told us she wouldn't do business with us and left lol

Yay feminism lol.

*waits for Crows to come in and call Jye a sexist Porg..er..pig*

Her mother said to us...

Yay feminism lol.

Pics or it didn't happen. :monkey3

What's your family business that women show up in bikini tops?

Pics or it didn't happen. :monkey3

What's your family business that women show up in bikini tops?

Castingcouch0000.jpg3daee839-619c-4da6-8dc6-cd72b63bea7fOriginal.jpg

New character posters 'n stuff....badassery! Cosmic DUST! (Totally distracting folks from demanding the Infinity War trailer:monkey3)
Tho:

Thor: Ragnarok Bleeds Into Avengers: Infinity War Says Chris Hemsworth
Posted By: Matt McGloin
09/07/2017 - 9:21am

While Thor and Hulk weren't featured in Captain America: Civil War, and with Thor: Ragnarok being set in space, that doesn't mean it's not connected to the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Director Taika Waititi does state his Thor: Ragnarok "can sit as a standalone piece," but at the same time Chris Hemsworth teases it connects to The Avengers: Infinity War.

“We didn’t want to get bogged down in Infinity Stones and da-da-da-da because I don’t even understand that stuff a lot of the time…” Chris Hemsworth laughed as he told Collider during a set visit, “[But] I spoke to The Russos before I even had the script for this and said, ‘How does [Thor: Ragnarok] link into [Avengers: Infinity War]? What can we look out for? How do we continue this time?’… Without giving anything away though, [Thor: Ragnarok] definitely bleeds nicely into those [films].”

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/thor-ragnarok-tickets-are-now-on-sale-check-out-a-new-motion-poster-and-colorful-character-banners-a153672

Thor_ragnarok.jpg

Hela.jpg

hulk.jpg

Back