Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew. And here I thought I was the only fan left outside of South America.

What's everyone's coolest GNR item in their collection? My favorite might be the t-shirt from the 2001 New Year's Eve show at House of Blues in Vegas. Sadly I wasn't THERE, but the shirt was a Holy Grail of mine for a long time and I finally bought a genuine one in perfect condition. (That was Axl's "comeback" show where he first came out of hiding since the early 90s.)

I also have Live Era on vinyl, which wasn't that big a deal until a few years ago and everyone realized how rare it is. It goes for big bucks these days.

So I watched the rest and... it doesn't get better.
Everything I disliked stays the same throughout the entire movie. I swear Morbius is a better movie than this.
It's really odd, because there are a few scenes that give you a glimpse of what a good director Waititi can be, but it all gets buried under a ton of lame jokes and horrible visuals. Not to mention an inexplicable obsession with Guns'N'Roses.
Yep, finally watched it myself and man - Waititi's 15 minutes needs to be done, over, kaput. I think I will watch any further Marvel Studios movie on Disney+ only. People want to complain about the DCEU but Marvel has been mostly downhill since Endgame.

CONTINUING THE GUNS N' ROSES DISCUSSION......

Today's my birthday. Yay. 45 years old. Siiigh.

If I hadn't lost my job and left the country I loved, I could have celebrated my stupid birthday by seeing my favorite band, Guns N' Roses, at Saitama Super Arena this weekend, only a 20 minute train ride from my apartment. Well. That didn't happen.

I miss seeing concerts in Japan. Actually seeing the show is only half of what people get hyped over. The other half is...."goods." We usually say "merch" but the Japanese call it "goods." Not just t-shirts. Concerts in Japan sell all kinds of exclusive crap like towels and flags and wrist-bands. Fans go apeshit over it. The lines for the goods are longer than the lines to get in. It's madness. While I was living there, I'd give in to the hype and make a list of all the stuff I "needed."

When I saw GNR in 2017, I spent as much on goods as I did on the ticket! I ended up with about 3 t-shirts, three posters, a book, a hand towel, wristbands, a tote bag, and stickers.

Here's all the wonderful crap they're selling in Japan this weekend to the sold out crowd of GNR fans:

GUNS-N-ROSES_JAPAN2022_WEB_1102-1-scaled.jpg

GUNS-N-ROSES_JAPAN2022_WEB_1102-2-scaled.jpg

I'm such a sucker. I am. I know it. I lived in Japan too long. Bought into their love of "limited edition, exclusive" crap like Supreme and BAPE and all those other stupid brands that sell out instantly. If I were there, I know I'd be shelling out the 6500 yen for that set of four ceramic soy sauce dishes just cause it's a limited to Japan item and it's "cute." These prices are terrible. Still...suckers are gonna buy all this stuff, just like I would.

I have some friends going....I'm gonna ask them to try to get a shirt at least, but I can't in good conscience ask someone to buy me a little set of plates for $65.

The posters are actually reasonably priced though. Those are usually $55 when they tour the States.

OH! One more thing......the band is releasing a lousy bloated boxed set to celebrate the anniversary of Use Your Illusion. It's crappy though...just a few live shows instead of all the hours of demos they could have included.

One interesting oddity is November Rain 2022. It's the same song as always, but it's been remixed and remastered, and for the first time, a REAL orchestra was added to the song. Not just synths like the original. A REAL, full orchestra. It's....interesting. Not entirely necessary, but interesting.

Well...I finally watched this, lol.

And I agree with jye's original review!

I really quite enjoyed it. Thor was a badass from beginning to end and I didn't think he was emasculated at all. The ladies followed him wherever he went. Valkyrie was "king" but never even attempted to pull rank on him. Jane was constantly seeking his approval and followed his advice except for the very end where she detected that he was fighting Gorr to a stalemate. Sure Zeus publicly embarrassed him but that scene played out much differently than the trailers suggested. Even chained and naked Thor defied Zeus to his face and then "killed" him with his own weapon in front of every single one of his subjects!

Thor destroyed an entire army while the GOTG could only watch. And giving all the children of Asgard the power of Thor? Pretty epic actually. :)

In short he kicked ass, the aesthetic of the film was fun and colorful, great soundtrack, and Gorr was a cool villain. It was fun feeling a little nervous for a change watching a bad guy swing a weapon that could perma-kill the main character in one stroke. Not a single lady (Sif, Jane, Valkyrie) outclassed him and instead either got outright defeated or followed his lead. I guess the only female character I didn't care for was the daughter at the end since she seems she might be another Brie Larson in training, lol, but that was brief and harmless. Jane in action was fun to watch and I liked how she could make Mjolnir separate and do that cool shrapnel attack against many foes. I thought the love story was actually quite sweet and endearing.

I felt bad that Gorr didn't heal Jane at the end and chose his daughter instead. But Bale looked really cool throughout and turned in an awesome performance. The comedy wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting (thought admittedly my expectations were at rock bottom) and while I rarely openly chuckled I did crack a smile many times throughout. And Thor looking starry eyed at Star Lord did elicit a laugh despite me seeing it 50 times in the trailers, lol. The jealous axe stuff was funny though I did think the goats were annoying.

I guess I'm finding myself not getting the hate for this movie. My understanding is that the "anti-woke" brigade hates this movie and loves Ragnarok. But in Ragnarok Thor was abused much more than in this film! Valkyrie was so smug and annoying how she was constantly zapping and paralyzing him. But not this time. Even when he was freaking naked and chained the girls were all "may we please have your permission to attack now?" They were totally submissive to his authority! Then he ended up doing more damage with his fists and lightning than the girls did with their super weapons. Stupid YouTubers, I really am beginning to despise their shtick, lol.

I guess I'm finding myself not getting the hate for this movie. My understanding is that the "anti-woke" brigade hates this movie and loves Ragnarok. But in Ragnarok Thor was abused much more than in this film! Valkyrie was so smug and annoying how she was constantly zapping and paralyzing him. But not this time. Even when he was freaking naked and chained the girls were all "may we please have your permission to attack now?" They were totally submissive to his authority! Then he ended up doing more damage with his fists and lightning than the girls did with their super weapons. Stupid YouTubers, I really am beginning to despise their shtick, lol.
Didn't hate it. Can't even detail much what didn't work for me, only watched it once. Suppose overall it felt forced and tired, as opposed to Ragnarok that felt fresh, hilarious, and was a surprise.

This felt more like mildly amusing at times. Too much Korg, who I don't find funny anyway. Giving the kids powers and the whole thing just felt Disney dumb kid movie to me. Like Waititi couldn't figure out an arc for this film really, so he just went to town overboard; but at times the sets felt cheap. I'm not a Bale fan anyway, but he did what he could. *Eh*.

Giving the kids powers and the whole thing just felt Disney dumb kid movie to me.
I can understand that. I guess I saw it as more of a "damn, that's certainly a step up from Odin blessing the hammer" since it showed a level of power we haven't seen in Thor before. Does that mean he could have given every warrior stepping out of the portals in Endgame the power of Thor?? :google

I can understand that. I guess I saw it as more of a "damn, that's certainly a step up from Odin blessing the hammer" since it showed a level of power we haven't seen in Thor before. Does that mean he could have given every warrior stepping out of the portals in Endgame the power of Thor?? :google
It's probably best not to ask questions, or I'd have to ditch my entire collection.:lol
And I AM feeling mournful that neither with IW, or this film, no-one thought to throw money at Cate Blanchett and bring back Hela. I luv that woman and she's a WORTHY opponent. Mostly I just felt sorry and depressed about Gorr. And mildly annoyed Waititi felt like doing so much of a self-insert.

IMO it wasn't a good approach, I felt like "can we just get on with things?"

Me after Khev’s review

:thud:

Me after :thud:

:yess:
Screw the "M-She-U," Thor is literally the most powerful character in the universe now. Imagine if he was in MOM. "Oh Darkhold powered Wanda is attacking the wizard palace? Well guess what all the defenders are Thor now so fry her!" :lol :yess:

Instant Thor army wherever he goes. He even had to go out of his way to specify that all the kids wouldn't permanently have his powers. :google If they ignore that going forward it will be an even bigger oversight than the Celestial sticking out of the ocean, lol.

For me Thor was a confident bad ass in this more so than any of his other films.
He really was on all levels. Even after defeating Zeus he was all "actually I changed my mind about his super thunderbolt. You can have it Valkyrie, I'm got my fists," lol. And with Jane he was all "yeah after thinking it over I think we should live in the moment so effective immediately you and I are no longer broken up." And then bam she was like "okay," lol. :yess:

I mean sure they played some stuff for minor laughs like him feeling spurned by Mjolnir but that was only because he forgot that he himself commanded it to protect her. The entire team of GOTG could only watch as he amused himself with an entire enemy army! :thud:

He really was on all levels. Even after defeating Zeus he was all "actually I changed my mind about his super thunderbolt. You can have it Valkyrie, I'm got my fists," lol. And with Jane he was all "yeah after thinking it over I think we should live in the moment so you and I are no longer broken up." And then bam she was like "okay," lol. :yess:

I mean sure they played some stuff for minor laughs like him feeling spurned by Mjolnir but that was only because he forgot that he himself commanded it to protect her. The entire team of GOTG could only watch as he amused himself with an entire enemy army! :thud:
I mean yeah pretty much /\THIS/\ lol

I mean yeah pretty much /\THIS/\ lol
:hi5: :rock

Some people were saying that Zeus blasting off his clothes was so demeaning but a few scenes later Valkyrie goes "you got humiliated" to which Thor immediately replied "no I got naked and I'm okay with that." The girls were all "daaamn, nothing phases this guy can you just impregnate us both now please?" :yess:

:lol

Last edited:
:hi5: :rock

Some people were saying that Zeus blasting off his clothes was so demeaning but a few scenes later Valkyrie goes "you got humiliated" to which Thor immediately replied "no I got naked and I'm okay with that." The girls were all "daaamn, nothing phases this guy can you just impregnate us both now please?" :yess:

:lol
I wish I were Thor from this movie :yess:

"Zeus was a real dick. That's why they say you should never meet your heroes children."

"Well we're glad we met you."

I mean crap Thor was freaking looked up to by pretty much everyone in the entire movie. This was a massive about-face from how he was portrayed in EG and much of Ragnarok IMO.

Did any of you a holes wish otoman a happy bday! All this thor this and thor that! It was his bday man!

Back