this is the movie cobra commander??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't the Raven Jet a reissue/repaint of the original?

And I guess this could look cool on screen. Imagine a clear mask fogged up like the alien dome, hinting at the disfigured face beneath it, with a cut open mouth and missing nose...Could look cool. Completely misses the point that CC could be anyone and it just doesn't match the coolness of the hood, but it still could look cool.

no, unfortunately the movie raven jet is NOT a re-issue of the original...its more like a preschool version to me...I am not interested in a vagina franken-bubble version of Cobra Commander

Bingo. 99% of all popcorn summer blockbusters feature Americans kicking ass. Sommers is just an idiot of staggering proportions.

I think what most are failing to realize, is the day, you yourself, the epitome of G.I. Joe optimism, finally tapped and joined the dark side. :lol If anybody thought there was an ounce of good left in it, they're either blind, or deaf or both! :rotfl

When I first saw the front the the card in Teemu's post, I thought it was vader unmasked.

question now, is he even human in this movie?

I think what most are failing to realize, is the day, you yourself, the epitome of G.I. Joe optimism, finally tapped and joined the dark side. :lol If anybody thought there was an ounce of good left in it, they're either blind, or deaf or both! :rotfl

I even liked Cobra-La, Serpentor, Sgt. Slaughter, Raptor, and have little to no problems with Snake Eyes being on the Pro. But I draw the line at Steve Sommers and his craptacular "reimagining." :lecture

I dont like GI Joe....I dont like the comics, the show, or the toys...(well...I do like the toys...pretty cool looking at times). However, I was hoping maaaybe that this could be an awesome action flick...but every day it looks ^^^^tier and ^^^^tier.

And that CC mask is horrid. They shoulda just went with the hood thing. So much cooler.

This movie will fail.

I'm fine with a scarred up, Darth Vader looking CC, but that oufit and mask is awful. Yet another example why Sideshow should have been the costume designers. At least we will have good figures from them.

That's fine, but I'm not seeing it based on what the company has used to promote it. Not even using Irish's rope-jumping method. What I've seen doesn't even justify a matinee or discount theaters price. Potentially down the line when it's all but free via a Blockbuster monthly pass. That way if it sucks, I can stop it mid way through, pull it out of the player and take it back to exchange for something better.

They could slap: UN Peace Force on this movie in a heartbeat, remove the Arashikage symbols from Snake Eyes and his weapons, and nobody would ever know that it was a G.I. Joe movie. You can't do that with Transformers. But this flick, yes. That's how far they've strayed from the very essence that IS G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. That's why it sucks. And as if to add insult to injury, they're aiming this movie at the G.I. Joe hardcore fans, in just about every way they've promoted it. It'd be a different story if they were marketing it to the Twilight and the WB/CW/Mtv tweens, but they're not. They're marketing it at everyone who has a deep fondness for the figures we grew up with.

Look, to most of us here, this movie is like diet mayonnaise. Is it healthy? SURE! Is it watered down? Absolutely. Is it mayonnaise? Yes, in a way. Do people use it? Yes. But in the end, either way you look at it, it still tastes like $#!+.

:lecture :lecture

Lawsuit for making them American Heroes?

You are small in the pants.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'm guessing that everyone forgot about the leaked image of his mask from last year

mask.jpg

Yeah the leaked pic was of a Viper but the new mask isn't much better.

I even liked Cobra-La, Serpentor, Sgt. Slaughter, Raptor, and have little to no problems with Snake Eyes being on the Pro. But I draw the line at Steve Sommers and his craptacular "reimagining." :lecture

I couldn't agree more!
I love all of those things, too,
but, so far, I'm not impressed
by these "new" versions ala
Stephen Sommers.

Now I remember where I've seen that mask before...

https://www.toplessrobot.com/jasoncobra.jpg

HAHAHA! I loved that!!! :rotfl

This horrid new Cobra Commander look even makes Serpentor look cool. :lol

I dunno about that one. Big cobra head, scaly leotard, a flamboyant cape and a cobra pimp cain? Sounds more like a rejected idea from Robin Williams' Birdcage movie. Then again, if it turns out that CC is dressed in black leotards with that testicular face-hugger attached to his noggin, it might very well be just as gay.

I've always liked Serpentor.

I thought the "Arise Surpentor, Arise!" storyline was a cool one. Didn't care too much for his spoiled princess attitude though nor the flamboyant character design. As a kid, I always had him assassinated by Storm Shadow and had Destro overthrow Cobra Commander and take over with the Baroness at his side. I never quite understood why the coolest looking villain was only the weapons supplier.

Back