Things that I marvel at

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That although in my place of work I can spend large swathes of time being idle and not dealing with anyone, especially on a pissing rainy day like this, if I'm watching an ebay auction it is guaranteed that I will be kept busy by people right at the very end forcing me to make my bids early or miss out completely.

That although in my place of work I can spend large swathes of time being idle and not dealing with anyone, especially on a pissing rainy day like this, if I'm watching an ebay auction it is guaranteed that I will be kept busy by people right at the very end forcing me to make my bids early or miss out completely.

Oh...Damn...I can easily put this in the "hate" thread.

I lost out on a frakkkin' great auction the other day that way. It was an auction of a loose Exclusive Snake Eyes and a loose Exclusive Beachhead that ended up going for like 250.00.

Well I ended up winning but who knows how much extra I ended up having to pay because my closest competitor had time to up his bid......yeah I snipe. :monkey3

Well I ended up winning but who knows how much extra I ended up having to pay because my closest competitor had time to up his bid......yeah I snipe. :monkey3

I marvel at people who have a problem with sniping :dunno

Yeah I used that smilie because I'm not sure how people feel about it around here.

Personally, I feel that sniping is the only smart way to bid an auction.

Personally, I feel that sniping is the only smart way to bid an auction.

:lecture :exactly: People who complain about sniping are kind of like those who bemoan missing out on concert tickets because they didn't get their butts out of bed early enough to get themselves at the front of the line on sale day.

On the buyer's side it makes zero sense to drive up the price before the last few seconds. I keep seeing these other auctions being needlessly bidded on like 4 or 5 days out. Either the sellers have a friend to bid for them or we got some pretty damn clueless bidders out there.

On the buyer's side it makes zero sense to drive up the price before the last few seconds. I keep seeing these other auctions being needlessly bidded on like 4 or 5 days out. Either the sellers have a friend to bid for them or we got some pretty damn clueless bidders out there.

My GF is one of those - she says, "I just want to see where their ceiling is", and lo and behold, 9 times out of ten the other bidder comes back with a counter bid :lol

My GF is one of those - she says, "I just want to see where their ceiling is", and lo and behold, 9 times out of ten the other bidder comes back with a counter bid :lol

:slap

Normally I'd be okay with a woman doing my bidding! :horror

If I want an item enough to bother with the drawn out process of an auction I just find the lowest BIN price of the item in question and enter that as my highest bid. I've won 100% of auctions in which I've done this and I oftentimes don't end up having to pay anywhere close to my high bid. I prefer to bid in the last 20 seconds or so to minimise the chances of my rival bidding it up to the degree that I do have to pay close to my high bid. Unfortunately that happened yesterday on one or two of the items I was watching because I was made busy at work at exactly the wrong time and would have missed them if I didn't bid earlier. I didn't fancy waiting for later auctions.

:slap

Normally I'd be okay with a woman doing my bidding! :horror

:lol

I have another one. The ability of something to disappear off the face of the earth even though you know exactly where and when you lost it, heck you even saw it drop. The removeable piece of scalp from one of my DX10 T-800 heads fell off. I went looking for it immediately, its not like I went off and did something else before thinking 'oh I better look for that before I forget', I began my search straight away thinking it'd be, I dunno, where I saw it land. I did of course broaden my search to the most inconceivable places and to no avail. Its just gone. WTF.

I can only assume some kind of sorcery at work.

Last edited:
I have another one. The ability of something to disappear off the face of the earth even though you know exactly where and when you lost it, heck you even saw it drop. The removeable piece of scalp from one of my DX10 T-800 heads fell off. I went looking for it immediately, its not like I went off and did something else before thinking 'oh I better look for that before I forget', I began my search straight away thinking it'd be, I dunno, where I saw it land. I did of course broaden my search to the most inconceivable places and to no avail. Its just gone. WTF.

I can only assume some kind of sorcery at work.

Damn! We must have lived parallel lives! Mine was "Big Jim's" pistol. Back in like 1980...he had a arm-moving feature and I accidentally launched his pistol across my living room when I was using it with the gun in his hand. I lost sight of it just a split second before it hit the floor when it ricocheted off the piano.

And I never saw it again even after spending hours of accumulated time looking around the living room for it.

Damn! We must have lived parallel lives! Mine was "Big Jim's" pistol. Back in like 1980...he had a arm-moving feature and I accidentally launched his pistol across my living room when I was using it with the gun in his hand. I lost sight of it just a split second before it hit the floor when it ricocheted off the piano.

And I never saw it again even after spending hours of accumulated time looking around the living room for it.

:exactly:

Just.....WTF. :dunno

And the bizarre thing is - if and when I find it, it'll be somewhere I've already looked. Maybe even the open floor.

I am convinced there is a troll or leprechaun or something in my room. there has to be. There is no other way.

Some kind of small mythical creature has to live in my closet or underneath my bed or something lol :lol.

I lost count of the many times that things disappear right next to me.
And you are talking about things that you dropped by mistake, Things in my room disappear even when I safely put them in a table or a drawer. I've had all kinds of stuff that just vanish. Some things I drop and can't ever find,
but some things I only put in a safe place. I know I put them there, and they are gone.
I mean, I am joking about the troll comment but things do disappear for me all the time, If I wasn't alone I would swear someone is messing with me on purpose. gets pretty frustrating.

Either I have the silliest robber living in my neighborhood that comes to my house to steal little things from me,
or there is a ghost doing it or something :slap:gah: :lol

You're mom searched your room and found your pot, than she sold it to me. Mystery solved. :lecture

Yea she wouldn't sell that though, wanted to keep it. :(

Something about evidence for the grand jury.

Found the bit I had lost. As predicted, on the floor where I dropped it - in a search lasting about a minute compared to the 15-20 of earlier today.

Back