Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think man-cave and collection room are mutually exclusive.

What if you put a tv in your collection room? Or a stereo? Does it then become a mancave? The collection is still on display, but you can watch tv too. What does it take for one to become the other?

Most guys with man caves dont actually buy dollies or expensive toys.
A lot of man caves are dedicated to sports or nascar or football or to drink.
Or for playing video games. A collection room CAN be a man cave, but a lot of man caves have nothing to do with collecting figures.

Man cave is code for " stuff that my wife hates but i love"

I think basement dweller came from the derogatory statement of living in your mom's basement like a super dork who has no life and will never move out of mommy's house. Like every dime you get goes into your Collectibles and you have no Ambitions on being your own man / woman.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Basement dweller is the single man's mancave.

Or mancave is the married version of basement dweller

I can't stand wives (or any people for that matter) with that kind of personality - hence why I'm not interested in marriage or living with anyone else.

i think you just described a basement dweller.
...given the benefit of the doubt this person can afford a basement.

lolz

If you are willing and able to get a basement- you usually get one. And the only person assigning the space to you is YOU.

i dont call it a basement.

i'd call it a dungeon.

with good acoustics.

hang around and play dungeons and drunk minors...and fat chicks.

720x405-MCDSIOF_EC049_H.jpg

That reminds me, I haven't met a single woman who has shared my interests or hobbies (as far as collecting and video games go) :lol. Maybe I just need to get out of NYC...

If you can't find another person who shares your love for X in New York you'll never find that person haha.

Also basement dweller is for the fat guy drinking Mountain Dew and eating doritos living in his parents house well into adulthood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL it's alright. :duff

But in all seriousness, I don't really understand why the whole "basement dweller" thing is used as an insult on like, almost ALL message boards. Plenty of us collectors keep things in our basements - sometimes for better preservation, other times just 'cause we don't have the space. Where I live there is no real basement - just foundation/dirt. But if I had a real luxury basement, no doubt most of my collectibles would go there. :lol

I use it against people who just go into message boards and article comment sections to troll and insult others.

Most of the men that I know made their own "man caves" and it had nothing to do with their wives "assigning them" a room. Usually it's just a room with a TV where they can watch a football game alone or with friends while the wife is watching something else or with her friends. Some have them to get away from the kids for awhile or work on projects.

Most of the men that I know made their own "man caves" and it had nothing to do with their wives "assigning them" a room. Usually it's just a room with a TV where they can watch a football game alone or with friends while the wife is watching something else or with her friends. Some have them to get away from the kids for awhile or work on projects.

Its cute that you think the wives had nothing to do, very cute

If you can't find another person who shares your love for X in New York you'll never find that person haha.

Also basement dweller is for the fat guy drinking Mountain Dew and eating doritos living in his parents house well into adulthood

If you've ever lived in NYC, you'd know how hard it is to meet new people here, because everyone's always in a rush :lol. And even if you have one date with a woman, there's no guarantee that she'll even have time to see you again (and vice versa). There are a lot of articles written on the topic, and many of them touch on truths. That's why I miss college, because things were less hectic back then.

Thats definitely true, solidus forever alone

Not really. But, come back to me on this, when you get out of your damn basement :lol.

Once you have to "get away" from your wives or kids, something's wrong in that relationship :lol. I have a few uncles who've (quite literally) built their own man-caves to escape from everything. They're both in marriages they regret.

If you've ever lived in NYC, you'd know how hard it is to meet new people here, because everyone's always in a rush :lol. And even if you have one date with a woman, there's no guarantee that she'll even have time to see you again (and vice versa). There are a lot of articles written on the topic, and many of them touch on truths. That's why I miss college, because things were less hectic back then.

Not really. But, come back to me on this, when you get out of your damn basement :lol.

Pull up tinder in New York and you'll have more matches than you'll know what to do with

While it's not always the same situation with couples, but the whole idea of calling it a "Man Cave" makes me want to vomit.

Back