The Warriors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh i don't doubt it dude. i'm sure it could be a great and special movie and it might even carry as much meaning for the new generation of youngsters as it did for me when i was young. what i meant was that for me personally, i don't want to see hollywood bastardize a concept, theme, set of characters and take something away from the original i've loved for so long. for me, warriors is one of those films that can't be separated from the era it was in. if they try to recreate it, it'll cheapen it. if they call it warriors and do something else with it, it won't be warriors. i'd rather they just call it something else and do whatever they want with it.

and the guys from "never back down" would be a terrible idea (just my opinion). "the warriors" epitomises a time when gangs were badass, men were men, and youth had the potential to be dangerous coz they believed in something more than themselves. everything from the music (early rap) to the fashion was chock-full of rebellion, individuality and the power and potential that youth had. and it saddens me when i look around today. sometimes i feel like the only things today's youth believes in is hair gel, showing off their six packs, GQ and looking pretty (males as well as females). all the passion for greater things is gone, and it shows in a lot of popular culture. i fear a modern day warriors would have no edge.

but then again, i could be talking crap and it might be a decent flick. but if freddie-prince-junior is in, somebody had better fetch my rage-ohol medicine.

Touche dude, I didn't actually mean the 'Never Back Down' pretty boys should be in it just that they were brilliant at the fight scenes (In My Opinion) so if there was some young Hollywood bad boys that could bring that kinda action to the fight scenes for the whole film then it could work.

I trust Tony Scott, if he makes the remake he must have something special mind, why else would he touch it?, he's got to big a reputation to keep in tact
winking0071.gif

Last edited:
They are remaking it, check out the IMBD website - sounds ^^^^e though:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423512/

The Warriors is without doubt one of my favourite films of all time, fantastic.

And the end song 'In The City' is one of all time favourites too, the whole film oozes enjoyment.

I had it on DVD, then Special Edition and now Blu Ray - cant get enough.

I urge anyone not to see it, to go and rent/buy a copy - trust me you will love it!

Regarding a 1/6 line, Im the first in line to sign up, I would buy everyone one without hesitation.

It would work if written and casted correctly. For those afraid of destroying their chidhood memories..don't watch it.

:lol
Not bloody likely! My memories are steeped in ages of fun. :D All this remake could do, at worst, would be to sully the idea. But, if they make it, I will go. It's the Warriors. Just hope it is good.
Why not make a NEW movie for a change. Remakes are getting old.

And thats the thing... make a new movie with gang warfare, call it something else and make the story original :lol

Warriors is great, and when it was made is a lot of what makes it awesome. The reality of gangs is different then what it was then so remaking it now would be pointless IMO.

Remakes 99.9% of the time=poopy.

Very rare they turn out awesome, I would just like and original movie rather than yet another rehash.

:lol
Not bloody likely! My memories are steeped in ages of fun. :D All this remake could do, at worst, would be to sully the idea. But, if they make it, I will go. It's the Warriors. Just hope it is good.

Be careful of what you wish for Les mate, I have heard off movie sites that Swan and the 'Baseball Furies' arnt in it, they both make the Warriors origional.

Be careful of what you wish for Les mate, I have heard off movie sites that Swan and the 'Baseball Furies' arnt in it, they both make the Warriors origional.

Well, there you go. Off in other directions already. Why call it The Warriors at all, except to get a small boost at the box office from olden memories. :rolleyes:

Well, there you go. Off in other directions already. Why call it The Warriors at all, except to get a small boost at the box office from olden memories. :rolleyes:

Thats what I thought mate. I was all excited about this and then found out what they planned to do with it.

Shame as a simple remake with a small spin on it, new gangs, different locations etc? would have been more acceptable to old fans and new movie goers.

Uhhhh...people, there is Warrior toys....MEZCO makes them. Theres realisitc ones coming soon...so...

Loved the movie when I saw it in the theater as a wee thug. It is pretty campy now when you watch it and I'm not sure the license would be considered a great investment. I understand the way people feel about the look of some of the characters like the "baseball furies" and I might just pick one up if SSC or someone else capable of producing them properly does offer them though. Like I said, I love the movie, dated or not.
"Waaria's', come out and play-yay'. Waaria's', come out and play-yay'."

DEFINITELY one of my all time favorite movies. I'd buy all Warriors character if made in 1/6.

Along with a Serpico, Carlito Brigante (1993), Popeye Doyle, Bullitt (1968), 'Mad' Max Rockatansky, Paul Kersey, Frank Zito (1980), to name a few.

The sixties, seventies & eighties characters were the **** for sure.

As far as remakes go I would prefer for this one to be left alone, you cant make a great
movie better and the way remakes are going these days you just know it will be ****
before you even see it.
I've seen the Mezco figs, not a fan I would seriously like to see some quality collectibles
espesialy of ths Baseball Furies who are my favourite.
Some PF's would be sick. Prob never hapen though.

As far as remakes go I would prefer for this one to be left alone, you cant make a great
movie better and the way remakes are going these days you just know it will be ****
before you even see it.
I've seen the Mezco figs, not a fan I would seriously like to see some quality collectibles
espesialy of ths Baseball Furies who are my favourite.
Some PF's would be sick. Prob never hapen though.

You should start this thread again in the product/license request forum, if a Sideshow rep happens to be floating round our forum checking out our views they might see it and take pity on us, I wouldn't bet my house on it though
happy0193.gif

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

I'm like you I'm desperate for some high quality figures from The Warriors movie in my collection.

photo_035.jpg
photo_025.jpg
photo_084.jpg
photo_100.jpg

Oh & I forgot Dexter's dad was kicking ass before he trained his son to kill and not be caught.

photo_011.jpg

There's loads of characters that Sideshow could make into great collectibles.

Last edited:
A Warriors remake would suck, no two ways about it. Don't trust Hollywood, they will always screw you over :lecture

Here hEre !

If I can find a way to make more Furies, I will let you know. Working on one now. I will see how making one pans out. Keep you in mind bro. :rock

Sweet !!!! We need a few !

That's the only reason they do it... I mean.. California ? Come on ! ! ! ! Warriors is an East Coast thing !

Amen !

Ajax was the Schnicky !

Back