The Warriors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man, gotta be that way.

Sadly I have no doubt Hollywood will rape my childhood once again and make a craptacular Warriors remake

F U HOLLYWOOD!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Dude...your angst alone is worth the price of admission.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Just looking at that shot makes me realize...I DON'T EVEN HAVE IT ON DVD! LOL!
I will soon.

Anyway, I am with you on remakes. Warriors was a product of it's time. Now, it will be a whole different story. I can't imagine it working in a new setting somehow. It needs that old post 70's vibe to it to work. That mouth on the radio...calling all the shots...the rush to get to Coney Island and home turf...can that be recaptured in a BETTER movie? I doubt it.

Anyway, I am with you on remakes. Warriors was a product of it's time. Now, it will be a whole different story. I can't imagine it working in a new setting somehow. It needs that old post 70's vibe to it to work. That mouth on the radio...calling all the shots...the rush to get to Coney Island and home turf...can that be recaptured in a BETTER movie? I doubt it.

Yeah, it would be a utter failure.

Not to mention it would have Vin Diesel, The Rock and a bunch of other Hollywood ****** bags :banghead

Let me know if you find a cotton baseball uniform Les!! This would be a little bit of a dream fig for me.

I'll get the DVD soon and start looking for a uniform.
Anyone have any leads and I will go after one. GI Joe might have some. Not sure.
Sounds like fun.

Hasbro/Kenner made some decent baseball uniforms, I think it was actually 12" Starting Lineups. I have a Jackie Robinson.

For a Baseball Furies figure I think a Yankees home pinstripe jersey would work best.

Hasbro/Kenner made some decent baseball uniforms, I think it was actually 12" Starting Lineups. I have a Jackie Robinson.

For a Baseball Furies figure I think a Yankees home pinstripe jersey would work best.

Thnx!!!

Like these?

Great movie.

Shot right around where I used to live at the time in NYC.

Mezco's style killed a great op to bring back some nostlgia.

Hollywood seems to be dying... no originality that's worth a crap. That's why they keep remaking our era's classics.

I'd love to see a hardcore remake. Would be awesome. I loved the baseball dudes!

A remake could be good. Bring in actors like Sean Faris & Cam Gigandet who done some awesome fight scenes in 'Never Back Down', freshen the story up a bit and bring it into this century. It could work, I'd go and see it anyway.

a rumored remake !
I think it could work well , with a decent script and director.
The actors don't matter as long as there bad ass ! :rock :lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423512/

Well you can't get a much better director than Tony Scott, he's done a load of awesome movies so if he makes the remake it'll definitely be worth a watch:D

A Warriors remake would suck, no two ways about it. Don't trust Hollywood, they will always screw you over :lecture

the warriors!!! oh man, what a great movie. it's one of those films that brings back perfectly the nostalgia of the early 80s. i love it to pieces. someone has to at some point do a full set of warriors figs.

let them make a ^^^^ty remake. i won't watch it. but i will buy a copy and publicly poo on it at hyde park corner as a big fuschmuck you to all the hollywood memory-rapists.

"hollywood, come out to playay... hollyyyywooood! come out to plAYay!

let them make a ^^^^ty remake. i won't watch it. but i will buy a copy and publicly poo on it at hyde park corner as a big fuschmuck you to all the hollywood memory-rapists.

Post of the day right there!!!

the warriors!!! oh man, what a great movie. it's one of those films that brings back perfectly the nostalgia of the early 80s. i love it to pieces. someone has to at some point do a full set of warriors figs.

If you have a classic movie where decades have past and it's outdated for a modern audience, then you have a remake + a great director + a great cast then it's 90/10 whether it'll surpass the original, but I've learned the lesson from Cape Fear, it's always worth a look just in case
happy0158.gif

oh i don't doubt it dude. i'm sure it could be a great and special movie and it might even carry as much meaning for the new generation of youngsters as it did for me when i was young. what i meant was that for me personally, i don't want to see hollywood bastardize a concept, theme, set of characters and take something away from the original i've loved for so long. for me, warriors is one of those films that can't be separated from the era it was in. if they try to recreate it, it'll cheapen it. if they call it warriors and do something else with it, it won't be warriors. i'd rather they just call it something else and do whatever they want with it.

and the guys from "never back down" would be a terrible idea (just my opinion). "the warriors" epitomises a time when gangs were badass, men were men, and youth had the potential to be dangerous coz they believed in something more than themselves. everything from the music (early rap) to the fashion was chock-full of rebellion, individuality and the power and potential that youth had. and it saddens me when i look around today. sometimes i feel like the only things today's youth believes in is hair gel, showing off their six packs, GQ and looking pretty (males as well as females). all the passion for greater things is gone, and it shows in a lot of popular culture. i fear a modern day warriors would have no edge.

but then again, i could be talking crap and it might be a decent flick. but if freddie-prince-junior is in, somebody had better fetch my rage-ohol medicine.

Back