The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched Glenn's scene again, and it definitely looks like Glenn is moving under the dumpster in the overhead shot.

There's trash in the way though.

Bigger problem is he fell head toward the walker crowd (error), away from the dumpster...was yelling and moving around, which would draw more walkers on him; while the ones upfront piled on to him...and yet somehow unrealistically survived.

Also how did he fall so cleanly to the floor when, there was no space to begin with?

Last edited:
It is easier to say the show has jumped the shark, rather than people admit they may have jumped to a conclusion that Glenn was dead. :dunno

I can readily admit I jumped to the conclusion which the writers themselves likely intended me to reach with the scenario they presented.

Well, I'm not upset if Glenn lives, though at first I thought it was a bold move that he died that way (as mentioned by Lu, it makes it rather poignant that it was so unexpected and that his disappearance would be a mystery to the group). Also thought it was a realistic way to go out. One minute thinking you could outmanoeuvre the walkers like a million times before and the next being overwhelmed. However, this sort of cliffhanger ending is classic TV, so can't really hold it against the writers. Even the first time I viewed it, the angle in which it was shot once Glenn's on the ground was odd, but I was too tired to watch again. I'm sure even a second viewing would've made me come to the conclusion it was misdirection, too.

One thing I was surprised by was that I quite liked Nicholas by the time he committed suicide. He was someone that I'd have liked to see developed further (though it was a cool death scene). Nice bit of story when he leads them to the powder keg store only to see it's burned down. Really liked how Glenn seemed to warm up to him and forgive him for all the past stuff he did. Overall great episode and this is definitely my favourite start to a season since S1.

There's trash in the way though.

Bigger problem is he fell head toward the walker crowd (error), away from the dumpster...was yelling and moving around, which would draw more walkers on him; while the ones upfront piled on to him...and yet somehow unrealistically survived.

Also how did he fall so cleanly to the floor when, there was no space to begin with?

They definitely took many liberties with that scene, no arguing that. Just to get in the position he landed in would take some major acrobatics.

I hope he stays dead. I won't be ticked if they have him survive, but the knowing what will come of him if he survived will make the show a bit less shocking.

Not to mention that when it's revealed that he is alive (there's no way he's dead) it will completely go against their whole "nobody is safe!!!" motto.

Remember poor Andrea and all the stuff she over came in Season 1-3 which included walkers? Then what happens, she's put in a situation that she is clearly capable and skilled enough to get out of, only to be bitten and have an incredibly cheap death. Tyreese too. We saw Tyreese doing his "hammer time" thing, only for a cheap surprise kid walker (that he was completely aware of in the other room) coming up from behind him. Those two examples are just 1 (human) on 1 (walker) too.

And yet Glenn can fall into 50 hungry, pawing walkers and then get dog piled, only to survive. :lol

Count me in as someone who thought he was dead for sure…until I read this thread.

I do agree that if Glen’s alive, it’s all a cheap shot at eliciting fake emotion and pulling a switcheroo. It did seem like it was completely unexpected, and all through the scene I was expecting Rick to show up with the RV and honk the horn (but in my mind it would play the General Lee horn noise “dixie”!) to distract the herd. It seemed even sadder that no one from the group would know how Glen died. Glen would have just disappeared without any closure for anyone.

But that’s possibly all moot now!

Anyway, the gunshots everyone was hearing were from Glen and Nicholas?

That's what originally went through my mind at the moment when Nicholas and Glenn fell off the dumpster.

It is easier to say the show has jumped the shark, rather than people admit they may have jumped to a conclusion that Glenn was dead. :dunno

Considering the way the scene was filmed and as quick as it happened it's easy to see why I, and others, jumped to that conclusion.

Last edited:
Not to mention that when it's revealed that he is alive (there's no way he's dead) it will completely go against their whole "nobody is safe!!!" motto.

Remember poor Andrea and all the stuff she over came in Season 1-3 which included walkers? Then what happens, she's put in a situation that she is clearly capable and skilled enough to get out of, only to be bitten and have an incredibly cheap death. Tyreese too. We saw Tyreese doing his "hammer time" thing, only for a cheap surprise kid walker (that he was completely aware of in the other room) coming up from behind him. Those two examples are just 1 (human) on 1 (walker) too.

And yet Glenn can fall into 50 hungry, pawing walkers and then get dog piled, only to survive. :lol

i dont even think the problem was whether he is alive or not. the biggest problem for me was that they over did it with the amount of walkers on top of glenn.

thats way too many for him to escape when there is another body on top of him.
when Tyreese had all those walkers around him at least he had a hammer, he was standing up on and he was in the open. Glenn is on the ground with a body on top of him surrounded by walkers in an alley.

Everyone everywhere keeps talking about the bottom of the dumpster, underneath. But yeah. if he survives this that would be the most reaching the show has ever done so far.
you might as well have an earthquake happen that saves Glenn.... or have a pack of dogs come and save him or something like that. if they are going to save him at least do something cool like a bunch of vultures attacking the walkers at the same time Glenn escapes lol :lol

Everyone everywhere keeps talking about the bottom of the dumpster, underneath. But yeah. if he survives this that would be the most reaching the show has ever done so far.
you might as well have an earthquake happen that saves Glenn.... or have a pack of dogs come and save him or something like that. if they are going to save him at least do something cool like a bunch of vultures attacking the walkers at the same time Glenn escapes lol :lol

Maybe some giant eagles from The Hobbit will fly in and save Glenn.

Because they asked for more money :lol

Considering the way the scene was filmed and as quick as it happened it's easy to see why I, and others, jumped to that conclusion.

I agree that the writers filmed it to lead viewers to draw that conclusion, but when you stop and think about it or rewatch it, there is no conclusive evidence that Glenn is dead. We've only got part of the story right now. All I am asking is to let's wait and see how the writers resolve it before it gets bashed as a cheap ploy or jumping the shark type of moment.

On a related note: Did anyone notice that only the three black characters from the group made it back to Alexandria alive?

There's no way Glenn should have survived that. As others did, I thought he was dead and considering what the character has gone through it was a brutal and unfair way to go out, however this made feel sorry for him in the moment. It would have been a true shocker for the show to do that to us. If he ends up surviving them that scene will lose all credibility IMO.

Agreed. Felt like a genuinely tragic scene, especially after Glenn gave Nicholas another chance and put his faith in him. I felt bad and a tv show rarely elicits that kind of response from me. I thought it was put together really well, music and all. I dug Michonne looking into the woods thinking "where is Glenn?".

Now we're going to see some crazy explanation of how he got out of the car going over the cliff.

I didn't care if Glenn made it out of this season dead or alive and in truth the show is due for a major season 1 character to bite it (but you know it can't be Rick, Carol is far more interesting than Glenn, darryl probably has at least two seasons still at least, Morgan just got here) bit now my concern is how can they show us that he survives without it feeling like a total cop out. All those zombies around and Not one of them would eat through Nick and accidentally bite Glenn who was screaming at the top of his lungs? I don't buy it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jesus. What an episode. Had me feeling anxious the whole way through.

I don't believe Glenn is dead.

Back