The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh, it's a good job I've got you.

In all seriousness, they show just feels as if it has lost something. Seasons 1 and 2 had something unique; something very challenging to try and describe and put into words. Each episode was something to savour probably because the number of episodes per season was a lot fewer.

The first half of Season 3 was fantastic but lost it towards the end - I think this was a result of AMC being given more episodes. Proof that more is not always better.

Season 4 is struggling, its labouring on, desperate to regain that initial excitement and danger.

Don't get me wrong: I love the show but it really has got some work to do.

I blame Glen Mazzara for the train wreck that was the second half of S3. There are probably several reasons he was fired, but the second half of S3 and the character assassination done on Andrea have to be two of the biggest.

I am liking S4 (minus the Governor episodes) so far. Scott Gimple has earned my trust that he knows what he is doing with this show.

this makes me mad specially because when I hated season 2 and the second half of season 3 (Specially that retarded ending) I got a lot of crap from people here saying that both season 2 and season 3 were amazing. (With all the boring episodes in them)

Then now in season 4 people are starting to hate the show? Finally? What about season 3? how come no one found that boring or slow? I swear this sounds insane to me :lol

Apparently you have a short term memory. :lol

The previous two episodes dealt with the direct aftermath of episode 8. These characters just went through a major battle, almost died, lost their home, and are now scattered into smaller groups. Things were going to be a little slow when showing us where the characters are and how they are handling the situation.

I think the previous two episodes felt like a natural progression of the story.

Last edited:
Was that one creepy kid going to smother Judith if Carol didn't find them? Kept showing her hand over the babies mouth and nose. Where in the blue hell did they find a bottle full of milk and diapers? Then Tyrese slung that nasty *** diaper in the woods...lol Would have loved Daryl to have stepped in it. I bet that's why that little kids shoe was left behind...she stepped in that diaper and Tyrese said fug cleaning it, your going barefoot.

They were in the supply bag. The kids brought it and Judith out of the prison when they were getting ready to leave before the fighting happened. Obviously they grabbed it before they escaped.

The previous two episodes dealt with the direct aftermath of episode 8. These characters just went through a major battle, almost died, lost their home, and are now scattered into smaller groups. Things were going to be a little slow when showing us where the characters are and how they are handling the situation.

The think the previous two episodes felt like a natural progression of the story.

this is exactly how i feel, the story is progressing in a great way.

I like how touchy people are if avid watchers and fans of the show come in and say, "well, that episode kinda sucked". Last night was a snooze fest in my opinion, even the reveal of Carol really didn't do anything for me. Doesn't mean people critiquing one episode "HATE THE SHOW!". :lol

Except maybe Blackmask or CelticPredator (R.I.P bro).

Sachiel don't even tell me you thought last night was interesting. It was like on autoplay, especially with the Daryl and Beth crap. Atleast the first episode of this second half had an hallucinating Michonne and pudding!

season 1 is perfect and it was made with passion.

Season 2 was made with less money and stretching the budget as much as they could. We got to see wonderful episodes of Lori arguing with everyone, with Carl never being in the house and with the group looking for Sophia and arguing about stupid crap.
That's what season 2 was. a whole bunch of Nothing...

to me it is really shocking that someone would say season 2 and say season 4 is bad so far.... Did we watch the same show? Season 2 was made long and boring on purpose because they couldn't afford to have zombies appear too much... They were given less than in season 1 and they were told to make DOUBLE the episodes.
Really wtf? How the hell is season 2 better than 4? season 2 almost put me in a coma for how boring it was

so yeah, Season 4 is missing something season 2 had, season 4 is missing having no budget, a very lame and incompetent show runner in Glen Mazzara, and having no zombies for most of the first half.

The absence of zombies in season 2 meant that when they finally did have screen time, it was all the more shocking. The finale episode for example, was fantastic.

All the new replacement characters are dull now.
Tyreese is dull, as are Tasha, Bob, Clara is it? I don't even know her name. Those two girls. Toooo many children - then a baby crying was just annoying.

I miss the good old days. Remember the tension in Morgan's house? Being locked in the CDC? Hiding under the cars on the highway? Rick and Shane's fight. Shane trapped in the schoolbus? The horde on Hershel's farm? Breaking into the prison? Andrea's toes versus the pliers? Ok, maybe not that one but season 4 is really lacking in quality episodes.

Hershel's head versus katana has been the most shocking, tension filled moment so far out of 10 episodes.

I like how touchy people are if avid watchers and fans of the show come in and say, "well, that episode kinda sucked". Last night was a snooze fest in my opinion, even the reveal of Carol really didn't do anything for me. Doesn't mean people critiquing one episode "HATE THE SHOW!". :lol

CelticPredator (R.I.P bro).

your bf posted about last night's episode already, go back and see :lol:lol

The absence of zombies in season 2 meant that when they finally did have screen time, it was all the more shocking. The finale episode for example, was fantastic.

All the new replacement characters are dull now.
Tyreese is dull, as are Tasha, Bob, Clara is it? I don't even know her name. Those two girls. Toooo many children - then a baby crying was just annoying.

I miss the good old days. Remember the tension in Morgan's house? Being locked in the CDC? Hiding under the cars on the highway? Rick and Shane's fight. Shane trapped in the schoolbus? The horde on Hershel's farm? Breaking into the prison? Andrea's toes versus the pliers? Ok, maybe not that one but season 4 is really lacking in quality episodes.

Hershel's head versus katana has been the most shocking, tension filled moment so far out of 10 episodes.

no, the reason for the absence of walkers was because of budget.
as for the tension, well, they just got attacked and their place was destroyed. I don't know what else they could have done to be honest. I can see what you mean about the tension missing, But then again the group split up and we needed to see where they were

Like people were saying, Carl's tantrum was in the comics, as well as hiding in the house. (besides last episode had a lot of tension with the walkers attacking Carl twice , Plus that episode was like the way it was in the comic...:dunno
And then in this episode we got to see the fates of the rest of the group. Now we know where everyone is.

I say for two episodes they did cover a lot. I will Agree Beth was annoying and Tyrese leaving the girls alone was pretty stupid. But we got to see Glenn in the riot suit, We got to see Carol back, We got to see what happened to the girl that was with the Gov, we got introduced to Abraham, We know what happened to the people on the bus. We even got to finally see that the baby made it out okay.
(And we learned that the person feeding the walkers rats was the girl like it was suspected before.

That sounds like a lot to me.

no, the reason for the absence of walkers was because of budget.
as for the tension, well, they just got attacked and their place was destroyed. I don't know what else they could have done to be honest.
Like people were saying, Carl's tantrum was in the comics, as well as hiding in the house. So that episode was like the way it was in the comic...:dunno
And then in this episode we got to see the fates of the rest of the group. Now we know where everyone is.

I say for two episodes they did cover a lot. I will Agree Beth was annoying and Tyrese leaving the girls alone was pretty stupid. But we got to see Glenn in the riot suit, We got to see Carol back, We got to see what happened to the girl that was with the Gov, we got introduced to Abraham, We know what happened to the people on the bus.

That sounds like a lot to me.

Ok.

ibzFH3WUYe3GGf.gif

Called the Carol/Tyreese team up. I assume the shoe was the third little girl that was with Mika and Lizzie at the prison? Tyreese saw Lizzie drop Tara's girlfriend with a shot right between the eyes. He probably had some degree of confidence that she could handle one or two walkers. Also he had no idea what he would encounter when he got to the screaming. I'm guessing the hate is coming from ADD infirmed viewers who expect every episode to be a walker massacre. Likely the same crowd that disses Agents of Shield because the Avengers don't show up at the end of every episode for a alien race beat down. Honestly there are only so many different ways that they can end walkers before it becomes boring, in a hurry. I'm not a fan of zombie movies, or the comic that this show is based on. The show grabbed my interest because of the characters and their plight. If the writers don't invest some time in making us care about the fate of the characters, what is the point of having a plot at all? Might as well just have every episode a new group of humans getting slaughtered. That is what video games are for.

Back