The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be curious on the opinions of those who eventually binge watch S8. How does this season play out in a matter of watching in a few days then several months with weekly instalments!! I found S7 disappointing "live"! But after purchasing the Blu ray and binge watching over three days it wasn't so bad!!!

Exactly

I don’t binge watch The Walking Dead, but I did binge watch breaking bad and lost and I found what you say to be absolutely true. Binge watching makes it much easier to swallow the bad and accentuate the good. So on the whole, I do have a better viewing experience through binging.

I basically did... I watched the first part of season 8 in two sections and the 2nd half I binged all of.

I liked it just fine. None of the issues so many others have.

So can anyone give a good reason why the savior of the saviors, Jesus, has suddenly decided Rick and Michonne are weak leaders for letting Negan live?

Nobody has a clue. Maybe it’s the same way Rick can lie and kill everyone at the bar but the next day keeps the saviors alive.

Last edited:
Awful season. Negan should've died. Maggie was right. The show has fallen far from what it once was. Real far. Lost a lot of testicular heft. *leans*

Just watches the final... phew... so many inconsistencies. Guess this was the biggest problem of the season. Best example is Rick killing Negan by cutting his throat, just to tell his guys a few seconds later to save him. Respect goes to the medics who save Negan. They have almost no equipment amd somehow manage to save the guys life on a field. Not bad for someone who isnt even a doctor.
Also Negan was still able to talk despite the fact that Rick just cut his throat.

Also there was neher a clear line in Ricks conflict with his attitude. I see what they were trying there. Rick is hopeless and broken due to Carls death. He doesn't know how to continue, kill them all or have a big group hug. They overstretched it over the season. This conflict will change Rick most likely dramatically and should have been narrated a little bit more structured.

Daryl has become fat btw.

I was let down by the final fight between Rick and Negan. It lasted way too short, and Negan didn't snap Rick's leg. It's weird because earlier in the season they foreshadowed Rick walking with the walking stick. He looked just like he did in the time jump (short hair, long beard) I am liking the Maggie being an antagonist against Rick because of what happened to Glenn. I expected that in the comics.

I’m definitely for binging. That’s how I watched the whole series until S8. As far as Maggie, Daryl, and Jesus. All I can say is, let’s wait and see. No point in jumping to conclusions. But I certainly don’t think they want to kill Rick.

There is some weird **** going on, but I don't think killing Rick is what's being implied. Seems like they want to prove Rick wrong by giving Negan the chance to be Negan.

i havent watch this season yet all your posts about it shows me i am literally not missing anything.....
looks like i could just go to next season right away and not have a problem

That was lame. I read the comic so I knew what was going to happen, but the execution was just terrible.

Why was Negan blubbering like a baby? Did the writers forget Negan was going to bash Carl's head in last season?

The scene at the end with Maggie, Daryl and Jesus... why the **** was Jesus a part of that after his preaching to Morgan all episode?

I guess some of it was a bit of a head scratcher. Nevertheless it was entertaining enough and I'm interested to see how it plays out with captive Negan next season.

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m honestly ready for the show to end. I think, for the most part this is a good place for them to end things. Maybe this next season is the last.

I've watched the show from the beginning, and though I don't necessarily think it should end, I do believe they should set an end-date. If they know there will only be one or two more seasons, I think that the writing would be more concise and the story would work better.

I asked this once before and never really go t a response.

Does anyone else Binge watch this show? And If so do you still have issues with it?

I use to wait and Binge watch the Blu Rays. I never had a problem with a single episode or season. Then Came the "Who is Negan going to Kill" season ender so I started to watch it week to week. I did not like doing it that. way. Commercials ruin the momentum, even when I speed past them. Then the "boring episodes that split up the cliffhanger episodes drove me nuts. I started to see the issues people had with the show. Now I DVR it and wait for 5 or six episodes before I watch. I enjoy it much more again.

I just think this show lends itself to Blu ray Binge watching (Blu ray offers extended unrated cuts also).. No commercials. No frustration with wanting every episode to be perfect of pushing the main story forward. It plays much better that way IMO..

My days of bingeing will come probably next year when Spectrum goes all streaming.

Back