The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of had a feeling when said person was interviewed a few months ago that they would soon be needing a way out..

It kinda sucks because that person was one of the few things holding the show together and one of the few chances at hope for the future.
What an idiotic choice, i really hope it gets cancelled soon. Enough of this

Why do people want this cancelled? Many still enjoy the show. And people will ***** no matter what. They want main characters killed off then complain when they do. Enjoyed the show.

If someone doesn't like something they want to make sure no one else does either.

It's like George Carlin said, change the channel.

Episode was decent. Didn't think anything would happen to that character...

Why do people want this cancelled? Many still enjoy the show. And people will ***** no matter what. They want main characters killed off then complain when they do. Enjoyed the show.

Usually it is so that they dont mess up the legacy of the show anymore
I know you are used to soap opera pacing but the same thing happens with movie franchises

Look at alien, terminator, die hard, Robocop, etc.
Why do people get so angry and bent out of shape over terminator 3 or robocop 3 or alien 3 and 4... why do people get furious over the die hard recent movies?

Every single franchise has that point where fans revolt and everybody wishes the franchise was left alone because everybody is horrified of what they are doing to their beloved characters,
Everybody feels cringe and embarrassment over the mishandling of their beloved heroes. Dont tell me you never felt that over a show or movie series...

Cause legacy doesn't matter.

I like Batman 89. I don't like Batman Returns. Batman Returns has zero bearing on how much I like Batman 89.

You mustn’t be a fan of the show then...

I've been watching them all since season one. This season has been so much TV fodder it's getting rediculous. If you didn't know who was going to get it then you must not be a fan of the show or an avid TV watcher.

I never cared if it was cancelled or not. I stopped watching Mr. Robot after the first season because I just didn't like it anymore. I haven't been in the thread since.

As for movies, until I see the movie, I can't judge it, and if I don't like it, I never watch it again. It doesn't take away from the other movies in the series. Once again, I don't go into a thread where I don't like the movie or the series. Why bother?

Cause legacy doesn't matter.

I like Batman 89. I don't like Batman Returns. Batman Returns has zero bearing on how much I like Batman 89.

True but things tend to jump the shark.
What happened to the character yesterday to me would be jumping the shark if you see the reviews of this episode. An event so drastic, unnecessary and head scratching that it left everyone going wtf

I never cared if it was cancelled or not. I stopped watching Mr. Robot after the first season because I just didn't like it anymore. I haven't been in the thread since.

As for movies, until I see the movie, I can't judge it, and if I don't like it, I never watch it again. It doesn't take away from the other movies in the series. Once again, I don't go into a thread where I don't like the movie or the series. Why bother?

Cuz i really like reading your posts of course
This thread would be 3 people posting if it wasnt for the haters :lol

The Walking Dead' Season 8 Midseason Finale Review: What A (Bad) Joke

I watched tonight’s Walking Dead with a mixture of dismay, disdain and disbelief. The show has fallen on such hard times it’s still kind of hard to believe. By the end of the episode’s “shocking” reveal, I could only shake my head in disgust. What a joke this show has become. A bad joke.

I’m not going to recap this midseason finale. I don’t have the energy to summarize. I don’t care enough anymore about the nonsensical plot and the bad writing to go that extra mile. The Walking Dead doesn’t deserve careful recaps or deep analysis anymore. Its producers and writers are either lazy or hacks or some horrible combination of the two. Whatever the case, this episode was embarrassing to watch. I can only imagine how embarrassing it must be to have written, produced, directed or acted in it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...on-8-midseason-finale-review-what-a-joke/amp/

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

nKlk621.gif

Isn't that what a lot of you wanted from the show? A WTF moment? Death of a main character? Killing someone that was considered safe? They just can't win with some of you.

People don't post because of the haters.

Isn't that what a lot of you wanted from the show? A WTF moment? Death of a main character? Killing someone that was considered safe? They just can't win with some of you.

Ive never said that though, ive always defended the safety of core characters

Besides there are at least 5 other that can die besides a core caracter. Besides that doesnt happen in the comic, besides this feels like the move of a desperate showrunner, besides the newer characters suck.
Shock for the sake of shock..... jumping shark

I've been a fan since season one and I still watch it even though the writing has gotten sloppy, and sometimes predictable. The shows has veered off from the comics a long term me ago so getting rid of the character that they did is no real surprise. They weren't doing much with him anyway. The fight between Rick and Negan was the big problem for me. Rick had the opportunity to end it all but he hits Negan with the handle of the bat, and not the end that was covered in barbed wire. That is such a Hollywood thing to do. This show stretches one day out to three and four weeks of episodes like the soap opera that it is. I like the show I just wish the writers would up their game and give us better episodes. And talking dead is the worst! I used to watch that to until I realized all they are talking about is what I just saw. I can make my own inferences on what took place. Then they show boring snippets of the next episode that just aggravate me more.
The producers are making it hard for me to be a fan.

Ive never said that though, ive always defended the safety of core characters

Besides there are at least 5 other that can die besides a core caracter. Besides that doesnt happen in the comic, besides this feels like the move of a desperate showrunner, besides the newer characters suck.
Shock for the sake of shock..... jumping shark

He wanted off the show, so they had to do something. Have a shocking story line isn't jumping the shark. If it were someone people wanted off the show they wouldn't say that.

As for the comic, it was said a long time ago that they would be getting away from it. Glad they are.

Glad Jerry lives! :lol

I've been a fan since season one and I still watch it even though the writing has gotten sloppy, and sometimes predictable. The shows has veered off from the comics a long term me ago so getting rid of the character that they did is no real surprise. They weren't doing much with him anyway. The fight between Rick and Negan was the big problem for me. Rick had the opportunity to end it all but he hits Negan with the handle of the bat, and not the end that was covered in barbed wire. That is such a Hollywood thing to do. This show stretches one day out to three and four weeks of episodes like the soap opera that it is. I like the show I just wish the writers would up their game and give us better episodes. And talking dead is the worst! I used to watch that to until I realized all they are talking about is what I just saw. I can make my own inferences on what took place. Then they show boring snippets of the next episode that just aggravate me more.
The producers are making it hard for me to be a fan.

Maggie and the Hilltop army are driving in the middle of the night to the Sanctuary to join up with Rick and everybody else and demand the Saviors’ surrender. I’m not sure why they’re driving at night. Whatever. Who knows why anyone does anything on this silly show anymore?

In any case, somehow Negan and his entire army have escaped the Sanctuary. We don’t get details, really, on how this all went down, but Negan apparently still has a vast army and the ability to coordinate a rapid, multi-pronged response to Rick’s people. And plenty of guns and bullets, too.

So Maggie and her crew are driving down the road when, lo and behold, the Negan’s have anticipated their arrival perfectly, blocking the road with a fallen tree. Maggie has about eight or nine vehicles filled with soldiers, but that tree proves fatal. The Saviors show up and stop Maggie’s people without a fight. For some reason, none of Maggie’s people jump out of their car with their guns to shoot at Simon and his troops. They just give over their guns and give up with a whimper, not a bang.

And just as inexplicably, Simon lets them all go back to the Hilltop without a scratch. Well, to be fair, he kills a guy. Neil. Good ol’ Neil who we just met tonight. Man, that sucks that they killed Neil. We really cared about that guy.

So anyways, Simon lets everyone else go. Why does he let them go? Why not take Maggie prisoner? Why not take them all prisoner? Why not just shoot these people who tried to kill you? I don’t know. You don’t know. Nobody knows. The writers and producers of this awful television show don’t know. AMC doesn’t know, they’re just laughing all the way to the bank.

So anyways, I guess all out war is suddenly not working. There’s not really an explanation of why things went the way they did or how Negan was able to bounce back within mere hours. I thought he needed bullets? Wasn’t Eugene going to make bullets? I don’t know.

I'm convinced this truly is a comic book by all of the talking these characters do when a bullet in mid sentence would end a lot of this nonsense. When Simon stops Maggie I was so hoping that she would shut him up with a shot to the head. But she just lets him keep talking.

Back