The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I starting to think Daryl's going to be a goner by the end of the season. He's like a wild animal suddenly put in captivity. Many of them, like Great White Sharks, just can't survive in captivity. Unless he's getting a spin off and leaving the group, I just don't see him lasting very long in the current environment. He couldn't even go back to normal things like taking a shower.

Carol on the other hand is adapting flawlessly. :rock

I starting to think Daryl's going to be a goner by the end of the season. He's like a wild animal suddenly put in captivity. Many of them, like Great White Sharks, just can't survive in captivity. Unless he's getting a spin off and leaving the group, I just don't see him lasting very long in the current environment. He couldn't even go back to normal things like taking a shower.

he might get banished and then ending up meeting another group

We already saw how he was taken by that other weird group in the past, maybe the wolves take him in or something.

Not gonna happen. Him and Rick are the bad-asses of the group. Glenn will go first.

Carol is playing along only insofar as it will benefit her and her family. She has adapted to the reality of that universe better than anyone else, and is probably cannier than any of her group.

Daryl is just being a baby.

Carol is playing along only insofar as it will benefit her and her family. She has adapted to the reality of that universe better than anyone else, and is probably cannier than any of her group.

Daryl is just being a baby.

Exactly, ever since season 4, Carol has become a really amazing character. Before that she was more or less in the background, but they've really fleshed her out and she's become an amazing character. The fact she put on this persona as soon as they got to Alexandria without any prompting is truly remarkable, and a bit scary. She does what needs to be done, no matter what that is.

Well he was never a city dweller to begin with. But he sure came to Glenn's aid quick. Don't think he would leave the group willingly.

I'm liking how Daryl started off as a bit of an a-hole and is turning into a nicer bloke.

But rick is the opposite.

crazy how they wouldn't even trust drinking those water bottles until the barn scene and now they'll just hand over their weaps for a place to stay. guess they're resilient enough to scope the area out.

They were only ask to give up their guns when they entered the compound. Daryl still had his crossbow, Michonne her sword, Rick his machete. Don't know how long Aaron was following, but he really observed the group at their lowest point. Had he seen them at the prison battle or at Terminus I doubt they would have been welcomed with open arms. Rick's comment about taking over was conditional on the current residents being able to sack up. It wasn't about Rick wanting to take over a much as him wanting to protect the group. After Terminus he knows the kind of damage that can be done if a trained group gets in a compound with ill prepared people defending it. I could see him encouraging the current resident to train more. They have to be fairly soft as they have been living with running water and electricity while Rick's group has been run and gun, living on the edge.

I don't know if it was solely for storytelling or what, but if I was Rick or in his group, I would be more inquisitive about how the place runs. Right now it's been pretty vague what all the "jobs" are around the community, and you only found out about supply runs later on (second day?). So yeah, I would want to know about supply runs, how they guard the walls, how many people currently live there, what do they all do, is there survival training, is there a breach contingency plan, how many weapons, etc. Like I said, I don't know if they just left that out for the sake of storytelling just to keep the audience in the dark or are the characters just as uninformed.

Carol is being very clever and I wonder if it's something she and Rick talked about beforehand. She was already playing the part when she was handing over her weapons--she was doing it meekly and clumsily. And poor Darryl! He really seems like a caged animal. And he realizes he has no place in a "civilized" community. He thrives in survival mode and he is even heralded a hero. He was an outsider before the apocalypse and he fears he will become an outsider again and is just trying to avoid being rejected by not joining in the first place.

I think the girl might have been delivering food to the people the community kicked out, who were probably her family.

And I think Michonne is being a little too quick to accept the situation. I would imagine her being just as wary as Rick. Nothing wrong with being cautious but still taking advantage of this respite.

B_LllxQU8AEbKcI.jpg

Darryl doesn't trust the situation but if he goes I see him doing a Carol and leaving and then coming back to save the day. Alexandria doesn't sit well with me either, it's too inviting and too accepting. Even Woodbury and Terminus felt more realistic. "Oh we just met you? Let me give you a house, let me give you a job, let me cater to your needs" Darryl is honestly playing more like the audience is feeling than anything else.

he might get banished and then ending up meeting another group We already saw how he was taken by that other weird group in the past, maybe the wolves take him in or something.

Yeah if he leaves he'll definitely by the link to the big baddies this time around.

Exactly, ever since season 4, Carol has become a really amazing character. Before that she was more or less in the background, but they've really fleshed her out and she's become an amazing character. The fact she put on this persona as soon as they got to Alexandria without any prompting is truly remarkable, and a bit scary. She does what needs to be done, no matter what that is.

For me it waters down her evolution. She came so far from the woman who was beaten by her husband in the beginning. She became so much stronger and her simply dressing the part and going along feels awkward. I feel like she should be acting more like Darryl and the fact that she bought into Alexandra is really questionable. It's unchartered territory for her character and I feel like it's a step back more than a step forward.

I just realized that Rick shaved his season 1 chest hair too. Such an awkward thing to do during a Zombie Apocalypse :lol

I thought it was funny that people were *****ing about grooming in the Zombie Apocalypse and now we've got an actual reason/outlet for that to occur. I guess it's safe to assume the women are freshly shorn as well, well at least Rosita :lol

Back