"The Voice" singer Christina Grimmie murdered in autograph line following concert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamandi

Super Freak
Reaction score
"The Voice" singer Christina Grimmie murdered in autograph line following concert

I can't say I was a fan but she was only 22 years old and some piece of s--- shot her in the head while she was meeting fans after a concert. What the actual f--k is wrong with the world?

j0q3xo.jpg

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/pol...e-plaza-live-in-orlando-gunman-dead/336243687

ORLANDO, Fla. —YouTube star and "The Voice" contestant Christina Grimmie was shot by a man inside The Plaza LIVE in Orlando Friday night, police said.
Shortly after 3 a.m. Saturday, Orlando Police announced Grimmie had died from her injuries.

Police said the gunman is dead.
Fans reported hearing at least six gunshots inside the venue, which was slated to host pop-rock band "Before You Exit" and Grimmie.

Police said the shooter was armed with two guns when he started to open fire as Grimmie was signing autographs for fans.
Grimmie's brother was able to tackle the shooter, who then shot himself.

No other suspects were sought.

Police have not identified the shooter and said the motive for the shooting is not clear.
Grimmie participated in the sixth season of the singing competition, 'The Voice' and finished in third place.
She first gained notoriety on YouTube. Her YouTube channel has more than 11,000 followers.

Re: "The Voice" singer Christina Grimmie murdered in autograph line following concert

very sad

Re: "The Voice" singer Christina Grimmie murdered in autograph line following concert

What an unbelievably sad, and pointless tragedy. May her family find peace, although I wouldn't know how to.

Saw this a few minutes ago. It's really terrible. She was so young and never really had a chance to break out because some evil a$$hole decided to snuff her out. I really don't understand these people who become so crazy about celebrities they feel like they have to attack or hurt them. There's a special place in the pits of hell for these monster who did this. I didn't watch the voice but I'm fairly certain I have one of her song covers on a playlist on my phone. She had a voice.

Insane. We give celebs and athletes such a hard time when they don't interact with fans and sign autographs. Then something tragic like this happens with no explanation. There are some seriously deranged people in this world.

I hope the police find some information about him so her family knows exactly why this happened, even if he was just a crazed fan.

Wasn't familiar with her but this is sickening. How someone can do this is beyond all comprehension.

Don't know who she was but I saw this on the news few hours ago. What a sick world we live in where an innocent signing session turns into a nightmare. Rest in peace.

Wasn't familiar with her but this is sickening. How someone can do this is beyond all comprehension.

Yep. Utterly sickening. I lived in Florida for two straight Star Wars Celebrations and during the first one Carrie Fisher did a friendly interview with the Tampa Bay Times. They asked her what she thought of Star Wars super nerds. She very diplomatically stated that they didn't bother her at all because she understood how much the films impacted their lives but that her one true fear of autograph signings was the possibility of a truly deranged fan getting in line at any given time. I had that thought in my mind when I went to Celebration and remember thinking, "man, if I was a psycho I really could do some damage to a celebrity before anyone could do anything." I wonder how this will affect future conventions, signings, celebrity meet and greets, etc.

It will certainly only add fuel to the recent gun control debates and I can only imagine how it will effect celebrity signings and meet and greets and things like concerts and comic cons. Just an absolute mess all around.

It's really sad. :(
That's what happens when you allow nutters easy access to firearms.

Never heard of this young woman before this. Terribly sad, but it happens all the time. I knew a girl in high school who was killed by a mentally disturbed boyfriend. John Lennon and Dimebag Darrell were killed by delusional fans. And Jody Foster's stalker shot Reagan as a bizarre act of affection. Public figures like celebrities, musicians, and politicians have to be vigilant about these things.

So the song of hers I had on my phone was a cover of "Can't help falling in love ". Very good. I remember that I heard it on Siriusxm on the smooth velvet channel(It's channel 13 here in Kansas City, MO. Don't know about everywhere else) on the drive home late one night from work. Had never heard of the girl but I put it in my phone a few minutes later. Very nice.

It's really sad. :(
That's what happens when you allow nutters easy access to firearms.

And here we go.......

Fans, guns and celebrities very sad for all involved, dont know which i would want to see banned first from that list.

Incredibly disheartening, I cant imagine the pain her family is going thru.

I'd never want to put anyone on a pedestal to the point that it jeopardizes their safety. its weird that we live in this "celebrity culture" where people are not treated like people.

She had an amazing gift, and its really just shocking that something like this happened. I hope some positive changes come from this... if that makes any sense. I feel that its gotten to the point where "fans" don't understand boundaries and the need for privacy and safety. On one hand the meet and greet was suppose to unite fans, but crazy **** like this happens. Selma Gomez feared for her safety after a backstage meet and greet here. I can understand why a lot of artists avoid fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back