The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course price gouging. It was a pre-order made item.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, it just seems like Todd has moved on to the next thing and been quiet on these all month.

So international orders shipped to people direct from the factory, and US customers are waiting for the boat
to arrive for them then to be unloaded, packed and shipped out by Todd's staff... is that correct?

If that is the case, I would guess late February, early March for delivery?

I'm in the Netherlands and haven't heard anything yet, no tracking number either. Given that I paid $55 shipping for the 2-pack, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case though - have it shipped to the US first and then to Europe wouldn't make sense if there actually is an option of shipping directly from the factory.

I'm not in a rush for this though. If I recall correctly I changed my pledge on one of the last days of the campaign, so I'm probably somewhere at the end of the line. And given the whole global situation, delays are expected. I'm currently assuming I'll get this some time in February or March as well.

When I said greed I wasn’t referring to product value what I meant is the shenanigans going on in the shipping business

The cost of getting product on a ship or plane on a timely manner is being price manipulated at mad levels

Todd can’t compete with the big boys lots of back room deals and pay offs being made

Last edited:
Todd screwed himself. He was, for a time, King of action figures, but let his empire die. He was crappy to his design shop when he closed down. I won't buy anything from him. He can go gaze up his balls (yeah, baseballs) for the rest of eternity. Really "kickstarter" for figures? Pathetic.

I'm disappointed I won't be seeing the figures I bought any time soon. By the time I get a notification on them shipping I'd have lost interest and I'll probably sell them. Never doing kickstarter again and I sure as **** won't be buying anything from McFarlane not that I've been losing out on anything anyways. Lol

This is an insanely quick turnaround for a Kickstarter action figure. Most are closer to 18 months. No different than a normal preorder really.

Todd screwed himself. He was, for a time, King of action figures, but let his empire die. He was crappy to his design shop when he closed down. I won't buy anything from him. He can go gaze up his balls (yeah, baseballs) for the rest of eternity. Really "kickstarter" for figures? Pathetic.

Was it pathetic though I thought it was a very successful Kickstarter

I'm disappointed I won't be seeing the figures I bought any time soon. By the time I get a notification on them shipping I'd have lost interest and I'll probably sell them. Never doing kickstarter again and I sure as **** won't be buying anything from McFarlane not that I've been losing out on anything anyways. Lol

Complete opposite for me the delay makes me more excited to get it

Was it pathetic though I thought it was a very successful Kickstarter

Complete opposite for me the delay makes me more excited to get it
That's good you still are optimistic about it. I can wait when things are on preorder but this was supposed to have shipped last year apparently but now the US orders won't be getting here anytime soon, So we were lied to in a way.

Well a pandemic is still happening along with shipping delays.

Well a pandemic is still happening along with shipping delays.

Yes there is a pandemic obviously, but still doesn't make it any less annoying, but oh well that's how the game is played in the hobby. Never expect the release to be the set time frame.

Got an update email from Todd

this is what it said

The first boat is in the Los Angeles harbor!!!!

I know you folks have been waiting patiently for your figures (thank you for that), well, the first shipment is here in the LA area waters. The next step it for the authorities to allow that boat to be able to offload its cargo.

The unknown is when the Customs and Immigration folks will give the boat its slot to come into a drydock to drop off the first container full of figures. If you haven?t seen in the news, the United States seaports where the ocean cargo is getting unloaded are so crowded, that boats now have to wait in line (sometimes for days) before getting their chance. Below is a link to a news story from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL giving more details:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/port-d...stranded-off-u-s-pacific-gateways-11610574485

WHO WILL BE SENDING ME A TRACKING NUMBER?

FedEX will be picking up the packages as soon as they get to a warehouse. They will then begin their process of labelling the packages, assign and send out tracking numbers and then begin delivering that first container full (of about 5,000 boxes).

Once they assign a tracking number, an email will be sent to you through Pledgbox with your tracking information. If you do not see any email from Pledgebox in your inbox, make sure to check your JUNK or SPAM folder!

WHAT IF MY ITEM WASN?T ON THE FIRST BOAT?

Currently, there is a second boat that is about 6 days behind the first boat with another container full, and a third boat with another container about a week behind the second boat. So, in quick order all three ships will be in the harbors. The unknown is when they all will be given instructions to unload.

We?ll try to keep you updated as things progress. And once again thanks for all of your support.

:slap

Got an update email from Todd

this is what it said

The first boat is in the Los Angeles harbor!!!!

I know you folks have been waiting patiently for your figures (thank you for that), well, the first shipment is here in the LA area waters. The next step it for the authorities to allow that boat to be able to offload its cargo.

The unknown is when the Customs and Immigration folks will give the boat its slot to come into a drydock to drop off the first container full of figures. If you haven?t seen in the news, the United States seaports where the ocean cargo is getting unloaded are so crowded, that boats now have to wait in line (sometimes for days) before getting their chance. Below is a link to a news story from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL giving more details:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/port-d...stranded-off-u-s-pacific-gateways-11610574485

WHO WILL BE SENDING ME A TRACKING NUMBER?

FedEX will be picking up the packages as soon as they get to a warehouse. They will then begin their process of labelling the packages, assign and send out tracking numbers and then begin delivering that first container full (of about 5,000 boxes).

Once they assign a tracking number, an email will be sent to you through Pledgbox with your tracking information. If you do not see any email from Pledgebox in your inbox, make sure to check your JUNK or SPAM folder!

WHAT IF MY ITEM WASN?T ON THE FIRST BOAT?

Currently, there is a second boat that is about 6 days behind the first boat with another container full, and a third boat with another container about a week behind the second boat. So, in quick order all three ships will be in the harbors. The unknown is when they all will be given instructions to unload.

We?ll try to keep you updated as things progress. And once again thanks for all of your support.

:slap
Same at this point it's a matter of waiting honestly as many said. You got to turn on the mind set of "it will get here, when it gets here" best thing to do really.

Looks like there's more incoming FB_IMG_1612468001609.jpgFB_IMG_1612517213403.jpg

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk

This is what the expression “the slow boat from China” was made for.

It all makes sense and I’m not annoyed about the delay I only partook in the eye rolling that others did trying to get people to vote for best toy of 2020 when the figure was months away from being in anyone’s hands.

Whoa, nice! Was hoping they'd make a new Redeemer. I guess the Spawn stuff will continue outside of Kickstarter and MK11.

Back