The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That artist proof does nothing for me it is lifeless and dull without color.

I don?t need the arm gauntlet that bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it won't come with the gauntlet and the boot may be on the long leg by the looks of things, technically the other foot and hand will be inaccurate and the right bicep missing the chain, the leg pouches on the opposite leg etc.

Some of that may not matter to you, but all technically inaccurate to the comic.

Hasn't the modern costume had a bunch of different looks since it started?

dnKTN8T.png
XrFkiVd.png
VCq0i2P.png
ke2R1Mo.jpg

Has any of the upgrades included a masked head with modern spawn?

That artist proof does nothing for me it is lifeless and dull without color.

I don?t need the arm gauntlet that bad lol

There's going to be thousands of artist proofs on eBay after these ship.

Ok I have officially seen it all now in this hobby.

Todd is sending out ebay auction prices on foil and non foil variant Spawn comics to show the value of this kickstarter just imagine for one second you getting an email like that from the CEO of Hasbro :rotfl:

I think the next update will include a locket of his hair lol

Hot Toys should do a kickstarter where they include a new piece of PPE gear for every stretch goal lol

Last edited:
Ok I have officially seen it all now in this hobby.

Todd is sending out ebay auction prices on foil and non foil variant Spawn comics to show the value of this kickstarter just imagine for one second you getting an email like that from the CEO of Hasbro :rotfl:

"Just buy and hold onto it for a few years. It'll be worth it, I promise!"

I?ll give this to Todd that man has been going nonstop doing interviews on this kickstarter both in print and YouTube that dude is a work horse surprised he hasn?t lost his voice already.

Randy NECA out there as well.

Well there’s always the option of painting the artist proof figure myself ..doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out black, red and white right :wink1:

Jeez almost 3 million backed now. What will Todd do if reaches 3 million by the deadline tomorrow :horror

Well there’s always the option of painting the artist proof figure myself ..doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out black, red and white right :wink1:

Jeez almost 3 million backed now. What will Todd do if reaches 3 million by the deadline tomorrow :horror

You could do something different with that one, since the others are already painted. Maybe seal up the joints and give it a faux bronze finish.

You could do something different with that one, since the others are already painted. Maybe seal up the joints and give it a faux bronze finish.

Todd should have made that version with no joints at all or just his usual minimal arm head movements to differentiate that from the other two as the incentive to purchase.

Couldn't he have also made another variant based on the color of the comic like with the blue shading on the black similar to what was done with his version of Spiderman from the Mafex line? I'd have been down to get that if it happened.

Could?ve Should?ve Would?ve

He said this is just the start.

I honestly didn?t think he was going to hit 3 million and with 15 hours left to go it is almost there!

Could?ve Should?ve Would?ve

He said this is just the start.

I honestly didn?t think he was going to hit 3 million and with 15 hours left to go it is almost there!

Oh I can definitely see medieval spawn coming and Violater also. I'm hyped and pumped for what comes next.

Hope we get the Clown next. We've yet to see a properly articulated version of him.

3 Million has been hit, with plenty of hours left too.

I wonder what Todd will add to celebrate the milestone and record.

it won't come with the gauntlet and the boot may be on the long leg by the looks of things, technically the other foot and hand will be inaccurate and the right bicep missing the chain, the leg pouches on the opposite leg etc.

Some of that may not matter to you, but all technically inaccurate to the comic.

Yeah you're quite right that several other things would have to be changed for "full" accuracy. The boot and gauntlet are the most defining features for me though that really make him pop.
Either way, I just pledged for the single modern version. I know I would be kicking myself for missing out on this. And I do have many different version of spawn from back then boxed up in the attic (Spawn III, IV, V, VI, throne version, flying jazz hands etc.), so I'm hoping one of them will be in the right scale to use for this. :) And who knows, maybe by the time this ships, Todd will have already announced other versions, including a more accurate modern version, that removes my need to customize this one at all.

Back