The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I would like updated Classics figures of Clown, Tremor, Overtkill, Angela and Malebolgia

Oh and I also noticed that the classic spawn had an important omission: there are supposed to be white stripes going up the sides of both arms.

Some may nitpick me on the modern points as some artists including Todd have taken liberties with that outfit over the years but the classic one was drowned exclusively with those arm stripes

Interesting, I didn't noticed the arm stripe. There's always something, isn't? I just figured the stripe was behind the arm, since the statue was in a somewhat dynamic pose and you can't see the side of the arms. It does have the white above and around the gloves, which is connected to the white stripe that's supposed to go all the way up to the shoulder, so it could be just missing on the statue prototype, because of the pose and because it's a prototype. We'll see what it looks like when Todd shows a painted prototype with articulation. I will definitely comment on it on the kickstarter website if the stripe is still missing.

Now I would like updated Classics figures of Clown....

CZhocA1.gif

I just paid 30 bucks for a BS Imperial Probe Droid with zero accessories other than a base.

For another 10 bucks Todd is giving us a huge articulated cape, weapons, plasma, metal material, different heads and hands, comic book with updated art, collector friendly packaging.

That is why when I read complaints on the 40 dollar price tag I was like wut no way.

Do I expect Todd to give us Revoltech levels of accessories at 40 bucks of course not.

But he sure is making Mafex and Bandai look really bad and even Hasbro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ve been thinking this for awhile now. Specifically when his DC and MK figures came out.

You can tell he borrowed ideas from those companies But he?s doing it at a fraction of the price they look good and he?s never been an articulation fan but he?s doing it right now. The only thing I noticed his MK figures for example omit from their storm counterparts which they are designed to pair to, is softer plastic which allow to pose better and more accessories such as other hands and heads. But you can?t tell me that alone warrants the figure be 4 times the price of the McFarlane.

Except storm because I really enjoy their figures specifically the street fighters, I?ve really soured on those companies. The mafex specifically they look like brittle tiny junky little things and cost over a hundred bucks? It?s a joke and hits highway robbery.

BBTS sent me an address confirmation email for the MK Spawn and in that email they now specifically mention that the MK Spawn I am receiving is the sword version not the mace version lol

Damn, I want the sword version, maybe I should pre-order there....

I think all new PO are mace only now and not until an August/Sept release sheesh.

That sucks. Who the F wants a mace? It doesn't even look cool. While I'm not a fan of the sword, it at least looks cool for poses. I wonder if they'll release a third wave with a machine gun instead of a mace? Does he have a machine gun move in the game? I might skip the mace version altogether and wait for a third wave.

That sucks. Who the F wants a mace? It doesn't even look cool. While I'm not a fan of the sword, it at least looks cool for poses. I wonder if they'll release a third wave with a machine gun instead of a mace? Does he have a machine gun move in the game? I might skip the mace version altogether and wait for a third wave.

He does and dual wields them too even his cape holds guns lol

The mace is a secondary strike after the sword it gets used so fast you barely see it.

I want his Vision variant...

48475dbe9f51a2f9daf422b1094ef25b.jpg

5e09bd736c543d525820cb0c326eec05.jpg

c9b0d109c4789b6dd5baabd155b04029.jpg

His white cape version also has a great design especially from the back of the cape but from certain angles it can look like he is wearing a white bed sheet lol

I want his Age of Angela look...

1a033852f579c7d88c99ca99ea2df33b.jpg

Last edited:
Todd has said that there might be a secret add on in the box.

He also addressed the twisted torso controversy and said that was his pose that he picked for the non-articulated show piece and he thought people would figure out that since he was selling an action figure it would not come that way.

Last edited:
He also addressed the twisted torso controversy and said that was his pose that he picked for the non-articulated show piece and he thought people would figure out that since he was selling an action figure it would not come that way.

But he's said numerous times he prefers how it looks with the twist, that it adds attitude, and that he has no intention of changing it.

When and where was this said?

I thought you were joking. :lol

Where did you see that tho?

Todd said in that video that the torso is slightly less straight than other "bland" figures, because he wanted to add a little bit of "sexy." So he made Spawn sexy. :lol He assures that sexy Spawn can do what other bland figures can do, but look sexier. Wtf. :lol

How does one go about trying to get the Modern Spawn but with a masked head?
Or do I straight up has to buy both Classic and Modern then swap?

Back