The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christ Todd is now on his front lawn showing off the cape articulation on kickstarter. :rotfl

Seriously how can you NOT buy this lol

Can you imagine the CEO of Hasbro, Mafex, Bandai, HT or any other company on their personal front lawn of their home showing off their product! :lol

That cape is going to ruin all articulation and dynamic poses you try to use holy crap it looks heavy and cumbersome I love it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Todd is on fire today! Answering all the questions. He replied to one of mine stating the chains will be much longer than the sculpted prototype.

He also replied to someone else about the soft and crunch saying it will probably not happen and will be for ?another day and a different figure that actually needs it?

Christ Todd is now on his front lawn showing off the cape articulation on kickstarter. :rotfl

Seriously how can you NOT buy this lol

Can you imagine the CEO of Hasbro, Mafex, Bandai, HT or any other company on their personal front lawn of their home showing off their product! :lol

I was almost going to order the bigger sets but not for $25 shipping :thud:

So I’m getting the cheaper sets

I was almost going to order the bigger sets but not for $25 shipping :thud:

So I?m getting the cheaper sets

Dude the guy is on his front lawn showing you the product.....

dontgetcheap.gif

Todd is on fire today! Answering all the questions. He replied to one of mine stating the chains will be much longer than the sculpted prototype.

He also replied to someone else about the soft and crunch saying it will probably not happen and will be for ?another day and a different figure that actually needs it?

They're not doing the soft torso? That's disappointing.

While i?m ok with the plastic cape for this figure because of the homage to his very first figure hopefully the next one gets the Mafex Batman treatment.

While i?m ok with the plastic cape for this figure because of the homage to his very first figure hopefully the next one gets the Mafex Batman treatment.

That'll never happen. Todd has stated numerous times how much he dislikes 1/6 scale mixed media because the cloth doesn't scale right. And you think he'll try it at 1/10 scale? lol

I am so pumped for this spawn. I have 29 spawn figures and this Kickstarter has got me back into revisiting my old figures. I forgot how amazing they are and have been repainting them and admiring the level of detail in them. Would love some more 12 inch figures. Wings of redemption, mandarin 1 and 2, gunslinger, jazz hands... they are all so so good!

The giant articulating killing cape has definitely caused a lot of complaints but at the end of the day this is an homage figure with modern tech upgrades so I?m fully on board with it.

No need to lose sleep over it as some are calling for a boycott lol

The no soft torso is a bummer. I think the cape looks fine, but it does limit the poses. As to a 3rd party cape, heck it'll probably cost as much as the figure :rotfl I dunno, I can't seem to pull the trigger on this one. I was an avid Spawn fan back in the day, comics and figures, but it's different now.

I like the cape. I'm not sure a cloth cape with a wire can be done for a mass produced figure. It's such a complex design, from the shape to the color and texture. It's not like Batman's and Superman's capes.

Hasbro releases archangel with huge plastic hinged wings fans celebrate.

Todd releases Spawn with huge plastic hinged wings fans boycott.

He will. one thing about Todd is he's never done things NOT his way. Plus they can whine all they want but he's well aware of how stupid that would look and said as much many times. I've never seen Hot Toys do a good fabric cape at twice the scale and 4 times the price some things are just not possible. Some of these guys I wonder why they like Spawn in the first place, what they are asking for is just not something that is part of the Spawn/Mcfarlane aesthetic.

I am so pumped for this spawn. I have 29 spawn figures and this Kickstarter has got me back into revisiting my old figures. I forgot how amazing they are and have been repainting them and admiring the level of detail in them. Would love some more 12 inch figures. Wings of redemption, mandarin 1 and 2, gunslinger, jazz hands... they are all so so good!

I already knew this about you but you can tell you go way back with spawn because you remember the "jazz hands" reference. lol.

your new display looks great. super edited and high end. I miss my old spawn figures a lot, they are back home, never brought them with me out of my childhood home, missing them now and making due with my MK Spawn in the mean time.

That'll never happen. Todd has stated numerous times how much he dislikes 1/6 scale mixed media because the cloth doesn't scale right. And you think he'll try it at 1/10 scale? lol

Someone also mentioned the Revolvotech Batman cape stating he would find it interesting. He replied saying he's seen it and he thinks its pretty silly. And I agree for the record but I love Todd LOL. He doesn't' t compromise where it affects his vision, I always seemed to aligned with his vision years back and I can see how he's evolved it a lot, but still sticks to his guns. I find myself aligning to every one of those choices again.

The only thing I ever seem to chase him and press him and Mcfarlane Toys on right back from when I was 15 damn years old was striving for greater comic accuracy. It seems it's the one thing he's always been comfortable taking liberties on.

Back