The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd said in that video that the torso is slightly less straight than other "bland" figures, because he wanted to add a little bit of "sexy." So he made Spawn sexy. :lol He assures that sexy Spawn can do what other bland figures can do, but look sexier. Wtf. :lol

He told the guy interviewing him that his posed action figures behind him all looked boring lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The articulation video that was posted up looks awesome. Though most of the parts like the torso is at an angle looks like they might go with a rubber torso that crunches at the abs underneath similar to what 1000 toys did with their Hellboy which would work so well.

Call me Tony Twist because every time I see someone ***** and moan about the twist in the torso I want to smack
Them upside the head.

I agree with every single thing Todd said in that video to a tee.

First of all very figure is sculpted in a standard it ad Todd put it: ?A pose? and the kind you bend it they pose is gone.

Years and years of amazing spawn figures in one pose like his leg up or crouching. Super cool and just that pose. But this is your standard straight up and down pose that torso twist does make it ?sexier? or less bland and still allows you to assume a plethora of other poses too especially with the interchangeable stuff.

I still want it to be a spawn figure. Companies like storm have taught me you can have an impeccable sculpt and amazing useful articulation but don?t want some junked up looking thing with cuts all over it that can get it to assume some poses that look completely unnatural and stupid anyways.

Call me Tony Twist because every time I see someone ***** and moan about the twist in the torso I want to smack
Them upside the head.

I agree with every single thing Todd said in that video to a tee.

First of all very figure is sculpted in a standard it ad Todd put it: ?A pose? and the kind you bend it they pose is gone.

Years and years of amazing spawn figures in one pose like his leg up or crouching. Super cool and just that pose. But this is your standard straight up and down pose that torso twist does make it ?sexier? or less bland and still allows you to assume a plethora of other poses too especially with the interchangeable stuff.

I still want it to be a spawn figure. Companies like storm have taught me you can have an impeccable sculpt and amazing useful articulation but don?t want some junked up looking thing with cuts all over it that can get it to assume some poses that look completely unnatural and stupid anyways.
What's wrong with the twist? I think what he show cased was pretty good. Also can't think of getting Modern Spawn without that masked sculpt I'm surprised your ok without it Ray (That's if you are).

That's a cool look. I want this version.

WpmQCw7.jpg

:thud:

That sucks. Who the F wants a mace? It doesn't even look cool. While I'm not a fan of the sword, it at least looks cool for poses. I wonder if they'll release a third wave with a machine gun instead of a mace? Does he have a machine gun move in the game? I might skip the mace version altogether and wait for a third wave.

He uses an ax, too.

1587628733860.jpg

I am going to stick with the MK Spawn for now and hope that someday Todd makes a seamless body, posable version that comes with a wire cloth cape.
And both a masked head and unmasked head along with multiple hands and cool necro energy effects parts.

There are sooooo many reasons why you should get this vs reasons why you should not.

Todd personal interaction with the fans. Imagine if Ditko owned Spiderman and he was talking to you about buying a Spiderman collectible.

Historical reasons, a toy that kicked off his toy company being reimagined then attached to kickstarter...get it.

Articulated cape!

Articulated Spawn with a gun and necro!

Modern technology being applied to multiple heads for Spawn!

Multiple versions of Spawn!

Updated art work.

Cool box!

Helps show support for Spawn to return to HBO MAX which is where I think this is heading for either animation or movie.

$40!!!!!!

I sneeze and I drop $40 on one or two Marvel Legend or Black Series with no extra heads or weapons!

Last edited:
What happened with the movie was Todd didn't;t want the financiers to have any creative impact and they wanted some. so them move hit a stop. He is toying with the idea of doing a kickstarter and asking 10 million people for one dollar.

He uses an ax, too.

That's way cooler than a mace.

There are sooooo many reasons why you should get this vs reasons why you should not.

Todd personal interaction with the fans. Imagine if Ditko owned Spiderman and he was talking to you about buying a Spiderman collectible.

Historical reasons, a toy that kicked off his toy company being reimagined then attached to kickstarter...get it.

Articulated cape!

Articulated Spawn with a gun and necro!

Modern technology being applied to multiple heads for Spawn!

Multiple versions of Spawn!

Updated art work.

Cool box!

Helps show support for Spawn to return to HBO MAX which is where I think this is heading for either animation or movie.

$40!!!!!!

I sneeze and I drop $40 on one or two Marvel Legend or Black Series with no extra heads or weapons!

A bonus for me is that Todd answered my question on Kickstarter. :yess:

What happened with the movie was Todd didn't;t want the financiers to have any creative impact and they wanted some. so them move hit a stop. He is toying with the idea of doing a kickstarter and asking 10 million people for one dollar.

I asked Todd about the white stripe on the arms and he said that they will be adding that to the final product. :yess:

Jeez $25 shipping for the KS

C’mon Todd , even when I try to stay under $100 with the cheaper options, I still pay over $100 :pfft:

Back