The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?n still blown away with just how much value is built into this release.

A simple SHFA R2D2 just cost me $90. :slap

He doesn?t even come with real chains hell he comes with no chains lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind having a ab crunch on the figure especially a hidden one with a rubber torso as you can still keep it seemless with more movement. But in the end of the day I'm happy we are getting this figure so I'll take it. Lol

You know very well that is not what is meant by 20 points of articulation, but if you want to be petty then that?s on you. I can have my opinion, I think it should have been done differently and many people agree with me. You want a statue or articulation that serves no purpose that?s your choice. Did I say I was ?upset?? I?m just not excited to have less articulation and a figure that will be less fun to pose around.

Again what does “20 points” even mean? Those are all articulation points on my list . It’s not petty, it’s fact. You’re acting like there is some crazy omission or flaw to this articulation system that is totally not in line with a standard action figure and all of a sudden renders it a “statue” which is quite ludicrous and I’m sure you know that. As stated above with the bicep swivels the only thing not covered in this figure present in any old crappy marvel legend type figure for example is really an ab crunch. So you’re making a big deal out of one joint. It’s totally your prerogative if that joint is important enough to you for you to be not excited for this figure now of course but what I take issue with is the statement that Todd didn’t fulfill a promise of “20 points” when he clearly did and there are clearly more than 20 points and because it doesn’t bend at the ab it’s so of a sudden a “statue”.

I'm not big on it. Design has potential, but the paintjob looks unfinished.

the 1st version is the best (including the giant sized). the red variant is also good. the ones that came later weren't that great.

Starting to come together! Zoom in to see lots of the SPAWN Kickstarter parts/pieces/packaging components.

TODD

119167340_236404237781772_8439493687006721003_n.jpg

Seeing this just makes me happy I got both the classic and modern. For $105 or so it is the best thing we've gotten so far in terms of 6inch figures. And the modern comes with the Gauntlet!!! Yes!!!!

Next to the modern you can see a loose forearm though, which leads me to believe they might actually be making two versions as originally planned (with gauntlet for the 3-pack, without for the single release). I'm still hoping as well that all moderns get that gauntlet though, as I ordered the same as you.

Next to the modern you can see a loose forearm though, which leads me to believe they might actually be making two versions as originally planned (with gauntlet for the 3-pack, without for the single release). I'm still hoping as well that all moderns get that gauntlet though, as I ordered the same as you.
It is painted so I assume it is only included for the 2 and 3 pack at least I hope. The single one won't come with it. Also are we getting a masked sculpt with the modern also!? Cause it's there on both and I remember the Modern wasn't coming with the mask sculpt but shoelace sculpt.

I actually got the 2-pack for the sole purpose of having a masked sculpt. :lol I intend to sell the classic with the screaming and Simmons sculpts. Would be quite a welcome surprise if both came with the masked sculpt.

Am I the only one who isn?t in love they the cape?

I?d like a more dynamic ripped up cape and or a cloth one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the cape but it seems a bit like it lacks fine detail Mayne, the solid clean one is perfect for classic but I like a more tattered one for modern. I'm not super bothered by it because as time went on it became more and more solid again.

My biggest issue is that Todd went the non traditional route of putting the gauntlet and boots on opposite sides for the modern. There are other semantics like the lack of chain on the bicep and the pouches on the opposite leg etc that bug me but I could live with. The boot and gauntlet bother the hell out of me though.

Still EXCITED for these though.

cloth cape would be god damn awful IMHO. Hot toys can't even make one that looks good, at this scale it would be as disaster.

As much as I would love for this to come with a mafex type wired cape I respect that Todd is simply giving us an updated homage to his original figure nothing more nothing less.

I think even including a wired soft cape as an accessory, for extra money obviously, would probably go against his intentions with this project.

I’m sure down the line he will eventually get around to releasing a 7 inch Spawn with a 1:4 scale sized soft cape lol

I'm not sure he will ever go down that soft cape route - I could be wrong but I don't believe he's ever made a figure like that. I don't think it's so much about cost rather than that he just doesn't think they look good. And I happen to agree

Back