The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey whatever, sorry it upsets you Toddophiles who think he can do no wrong because I think no ab crunch is a mistake. Todd always falls back on ruining the sculpt with articulation yet he throws random cuts into places they don’t belong and is okay with that? The only thing that resurrected McFarlane toys was finally adding updated articulation But it’s cool I took a chance on the Kickstarter being well articulated and it looks like I was wrong and it’s back to 1995 :dunno

Nice hyperbole and thinking in polar extremes there... We're ok with no ab crutch or even prefer it over a rubber torso? Must be "Toddophiles" and think he can do no wrong. He doesn't have ab crunch? We're back to '95 with 5 POA...

The ab crunch is pretty the single point of articulation I can see missing here, everything else looks to be on par with modern fully articulated figures. Would I have preferred articulation in the torso? Yes I would have, I buy figures to pose them. But I'm also not a big fan of rubber torsos, so if this is the result, so be it.
I don't understand why you seem to be personally offended by this decision, which, based on everything that was said during the Kickstarter, was even to be expected, or at the very least a possible option.

Did people not see the articulation video on the Kickstarter? It pissed some folks off, but it told you everything you were going to get by default. Anything beyond that would've been a bonus.

Giveaway image with a look at the painted and articulated KS figure. Could still be a prototype. Labeled as "Spawn trilogy," but he's only showing the Classic figure with the accessories from all three to save space.

Necroplasm effects look nice. Headsculpt is different from the very first prototype, but looks to be the same as the orange samples he's been showing. Chains on the hips hang lower now, thank goodness.

5f1b1325a9e3b-SpawnGiveaway2_1GrandPrize_1400x9001.jpg

Hey whatever, sorry it upsets you Toddophiles who think he can do no wrong because I think no ab crunch is a mistake. Todd always falls back on ruining the sculpt with articulation yet he throws random cuts into places they don?t belong and is okay with that? The only thing that resurrected McFarlane toys was finally adding updated articulation But it?s cool I took a chance on the Kickstarter being well articulated and it looks like I was wrong and it?s back to 1995 :dunno
Seems like you're the one upset you didn't get it you're way.

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk

Hey whatever, sorry it upsets you Toddophiles who think he can do no wrong because I think no ab crunch is a mistake. Todd always falls back on ruining the sculpt with articulation yet he throws random cuts into places they don?t belong and is okay with that? The only thing that resurrected McFarlane toys was finally adding updated articulation But it?s cool I took a chance on the Kickstarter being well articulated and it looks like I was wrong and it?s back to 1995 :dunno
Poor babykins didn't get his ab crunch now he taking his ball and going home. [emoji25]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry that I don’t buy the “this articulation breaks up the sculpt so I leave it out” when Todd for years has put random cuts in parts of the body that should have no articulation and completely destroy the sculpt if you use them...an ab section can crunch and a shin cannot swivel. Finally adding modern articulation is what made McFarlane toys relevant again so why leave it out now. Some of you guys defend Todd like he’s family..I’m not personally offended I was just hoping he would fulfill his promise of a nicely articulated spawn with 20pts of articulation.

What a waste. I'd rather have something different, a Violater statue. Action figures are so last century.

Sorry that I don?t buy the ?this articulation breaks up the sculpt so I leave it out? when Todd for years has put random cuts in parts of the body that should have no articulation and completely destroy the sculpt if you use them...an ab section can crunch and a shin cannot swivel. Finally adding modern articulation is what made McFarlane toys relevant again so why leave it out now. Some of you guys defend Todd like he?s family..I?m not personally offended I was just hoping he would fulfill his promise of a nicely articulated spawn with 20pts of articulation.

What does "20 points of articulation" even mean? To your point above; hypothetically you can have 50 points of articulation in whatever weird spot at all and it could still skip something like a hip or elbow.

You can't just throw out this meaningless number and be upset because it's missing some specific joint that YOU deem essential. it might not be essential to someone else, and maybe something else other than the Torso or whatever is essential to others. You can't just throw subjectivity out there like it is fact.

I see a highly jointed figure there. probably something more than any other Mcfarlane figure ever. There is over 20 points there. promise fulfilled.

1. Neck at chin
2. Neck at bottom
3. left shoulder
4. right shoulder
5. right elbow
6. left elbow
7. right wrist
8. left wrist
9. waist
10. left hip
11. right hip
12. below gauntlet swivel
13. upper left knee
14. upper right knee
15. lower right knee
16. lower left knee
18. upper left ankle
19. upper right ankle
20. lower left ankle
21. upper left ankle.
22. left toe.
23. right toe

If we want to get literal. There you go.

That's not even the most updated prototype. We're supposedly getting bicep swivels too.

I like the "attitude" of the torso, that should make for some fun posing.
I do wish the wrists were proper ball joints though. It looks like he will essentially have the same articulation as the NECA Turtles (who I'm hoping this will be in scale with). It should allow you to do some creative posing, though the cape looks like it will prevent you from doing any deep stances anyway.

1. Neck at chin
2. Neck at bottom
3. left shoulder
4. right shoulder
5. right elbow
6. left elbow
7. right wrist
8. left wrist
9. waist
10. left hip
11. right hip
12. below gauntlet swivel
13. upper left knee
14. upper right knee
15. lower right knee
16. lower left knee
18. upper left ankle
19. upper right ankle
20. lower left ankle
21. upper left ankle.
22. left toe.
23. right toe

If we want to get literal. There you go.

You know very well that is not what is meant by 20 points of articulation, but if you want to be petty then that’s on you. I can have my opinion, I think it should have been done differently and many people agree with me. You want a statue or articulation that serves no purpose that’s your choice. Did I say I was “upset”? I’m just not excited to have less articulation and a figure that will be less fun to pose around.

You want a statue or articulation that serves no purpose that’s your choice.

To be fair, the only things missing from that list are the bicep swivels which are confirmed and the diaphragm/ab crunch. The rest are all pretty essential. I imagine if you were missing a shoulder, elbow, or double knee you'd be equally unexcited, but those are all included.

I can understand the frustration at the twisted torso sculpt (and an ab crunch beneath soft rubber won't help offset it, those who think it will are kidding themselves), but to call the rest of the figure useless or a statue seems excessive.

Also: twist or no twist, what's an ab crunch going to do if Spawn's wearing that giant cape?

Back