The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the color schemes on the suit the red I can take or leave since for me the cape is the most visual aspect. I never cared for the big boot and the other tweaks to the outfit I thought were cool. I do prefer the original mask design but the modern doesn't bother me as it is so minor of change. Went from the Prowler look to more of a Larsen Venom look for the eyes. I can't wait to see the finished figures on these and I look forward to what else is coming.

As far as the color schemes on the suit the red I can take or leave since for me the cape is the most visual aspect. I never cared for the big boot and the other tweaks to the outfit I thought were cool. I do prefer the original mask design but the modern doesn't bother me as it is so minor of change. Went from the Prowler look to more of a Larsen Venom look for the eyes. I can't wait to see the finished figures on these and I look forward to what else is coming.

What does the big M shape logo on Spawn's torso mean? It can't be an "M" for McFarlane? :lol

**** it I'm getting Modern Spawn. Those photos of the comics with that look is just to good. Lol

Ok, here is the new "classic" masked head on the far left. It looks great.

Do you see it? The white part of the mask used to point straight up, but it now has a curvature, like it's curling in a circular motion down the forehead instead of pointing straight up.

Not a huge deal, but it was bothering me. :lol

You know for the price he should throw in a more classic first appearance head, hell, he should be including one of each head with each figure and several hand options. The fact that the weapon grip hands are a stretch goal so he can hold the included weapons he had from the start has got to be a joke.

So modern spawn is just a a burnt head with a stitched up face?

And the red color is missing from his torso.
It should have the same asymmetrical giant right boot and gauntlet as the Mortal Kombat figure has, but it's only a $40 7" tall plastic action figure so you shouldn't expect a more faithful comic look for the price.
:monkey3

You know for the price he should throw in a more classic first appearance head, hell, he should be including one of each head with each figure and several hand options. The fact that the weapon grip hands are a stretch goal so he can hold the included weapons he had from the start has got to be a joke.

I thought about that as well I was like really Todd lol

And the red color is missing from his torso.
It should have the same asymmetrical giant right boot and gauntlet as the Mortal Kombat figure has, but it's only a $40 7" tall plastic action figure so you shouldn't expect a more faithful comic look for the price.
:monkey3

I don?t think you are giving the huge articulated cape and metal chains enough credit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the HBO Spawn series over the weekend and totally forgot that it never had a proper ending. :gah:Todd should really stop trying to make a low budget movie which makes no sense given the source material, and finish the series on Netflix or the new HBO plus thing.

Having said that, it was kind of frustrating at times watching Spawn do nothing, while people were committing crimes. He'd be moping around feeling sorry for himself in some alley in most episodes. All that aside, his voice was freaking great. Spawn should be a full CGI character in a movie and have the same actor voice him again. Most of the time all you see is a cape moving and his glowing green eyes. His whole body is covered by the cape, so yeah, full cgi for live action.

As far as the figure, I can't wait to get it. It's quickly becoming my most anticipated figure of the year, and I have several highly anticipated figures coming this year. Hopefully we get a few more upgrades, like a smaller secondary cape that's more practical, maybe? I can't think of any other improvements, aside from even more articulation, but I don't need THAT much, so I'm content with the current amount.

I watched the HBO Spawn series over the weekend and totally forgot that it never had a proper ending. :gah:Todd should really stop trying to make a low budget movie which makes no sense given the source material, and finish the series on Netflix or the new HBO plus thing.

Having said that, it was kind of frustrating at times watching Spawn do nothing, while people were committing crimes. He'd be moping around feeling sorry for himself in some alley in most episodes. All that aside, his voice was freaking great. Spawn should be a full CGI character in a movie and have the same actor voice him again. Most of the time all you see is a cape moving and his glowing green eyes. His whole body is covered by the cape, so yeah, full cgi for live action.

As far as the figure, I can't wait to get it. It's quickly becoming my most anticipated figure of the year, and I have several highly anticipated figures coming this year. Hopefully we get a few more upgrades, like a smaller secondary cape that's more practical, maybe? I can't think of any other improvements, aside from even more articulation, but I don't need THAT much, so I'm content with the current amount.

Yeah it’s on Amazon Prime and HBO and it does suck were they left it off

There is only 1 cartoon in my entire film collection and that is HBO Spawn!

Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon would be the only other cartoon I would buy if they released a newly remastered set BUT that will never happen so I just enjoy it on youtube.

Last edited:
The Spawn cartoon is awesome. Keith David was an awesome voice for Spawn too. I was disappointed when they didn't ever finish the storyline. Animation captured Mcfarlane's art style very well. Too bad the movie wasn't as good.

I went back and read some of my old Spawn comics. Ummmm, besides the issues Moore and Gaiman wrote it is not good reading. On the other hand the original Violator mini series is still fun. Moore and Bart Sears made for a good team. I stopped after issue 50 with the main series but are there other runs or mini series that other writers worked on that still stand up today? I still like the character concepts and ideas but Todd is kinda like George Lucas in that he should just stick to over all concepts and visuals but leave the writing to someone else.

The problem like with any long form narrative is that the narrative lives for so long that it eventually becomes the crappy story.

Only so many conflicts with morality can be told before things get stale.

How many Spiderman is the comic book industry up to now isn?t it like 40 or some crazy **** like that.

I laugh when I see fans complaining that the MCU wasn?t EXACTLY like the comics are they insane that **** is so crazy convoluted good luck with the general public lol

Back