The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was independently wealthy, I'd spend my year traveling from one site to the next and try to do all the Warrior Dashes. Hmm... that gives me an idea... maybe try to do the local one each year as well as one that I travel to?

3:30 today.

golds10.jpg

Spartan Races blow Tough Mudder out of the water too. Just go to whichever ones are closer and have as much fun as possible.

Exactly! This is the first time Warrior Dash has been in Michigan, so I'm going to check it out. I know a bunch of people who are doing it so we're basically going to make a day of it and just have fun.

3:30 today.

golds10.jpg
Lol...that was about the time I was going to bed after playing DC Universe Online.

Exactly! This is the first time Warrior Dash has been in Michigan, so I'm going to check it out. I know a bunch of people who are doing it so we're basically going to make a day of it and just have fun.

:rock Yeah, I don't care which one it is. They all sound like it would be a blast to do. Are you going to dress up in a funny costume??? I'd do the Warrior Dash wearing a pair of speedos, but I'd be too distracted fighting the women off while doing the obstacles.

:rock Yeah, I don't care which one it is. They all sound like it would be a blast to do. Are you going to dress up in a funny costume??? I'd do the Warrior Dash wearing a pair of speedos, but I'd be too distracted fighting the women off while doing the obstacles.

I was actually going to pick up one of these shirts to wear during the dash...

f8loF1tXiqRAUVRQ6QK5vGn5oxSCD9JmO_cNIQX8cy9aLpdlDzKACS16Sx2u7rk7Z7RNnKdxaTshnnbS3n4yD9nt9JFWf6DADKWmzegekqxnGmFArHmK6yBnvZkJ4GHMdcHYuDoENqbnwsH_2IFASH6kQtazdU9TtTyl49ZjHsxdPKNMfJ_b_zm7agY_2hsNYIKscJqhi4r31GaqUfuB7ElVog

You get used to the pain.

I just want it fixed enough so I can start light resistance training and running again.

traction therapy will be the best solution for me on this. Surgery will not be considered...

Hey LaMelnik - I'm an engineer in medical field and worked on products for back pain. I've seen those types of x-rays many times. Has your doc mentioned RF denervation to you as a potential treatment? If not, you might want to ask them if you are a candidate or not. I don't want to get all technical on you here, but it is a procedure where they place a small needle next to the nerve that is causing you pain and then they "burn" it so that the pain stops. It is more common in the lower back where you don't have as many motor nerves, but it is also done frequently in the cervical region where your injury is. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. Hope you feel better soon.

Hey LaMelnik - I'm an engineer in medical field and worked on products for back pain. I've seen those types of x-rays many times. Has your doc mentioned RF denervation to you as a potential treatment? If not, you might want to ask them if you are a candidate or not. I don't want to get all technical on you here, but it is a procedure where they place a small needle next to the nerve that is causing you pain and then they "burn" it so that the pain stops. It is more common in the lower back where you don't have as many motor nerves, but it is also done frequently in the cervical region where your injury is. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the info!!!! :clap

I'll definitely look into it.

Right now I am trapped in this Workers Comp process and once I can get past it, I will go to my Dr at UCLA. They have everything imaginable there related to this and it's frustrating that I can't go there now.

I was actually going to pick up one of these shirts to wear during the dash...

f8loF1tXiqRAUVRQ6QK5vGn5oxSCD9JmO_cNIQX8cy9aLpdlDzKACS16Sx2u7rk7Z7RNnKdxaTshnnbS3n4yD9nt9JFWf6DADKWmzegekqxnGmFArHmK6yBnvZkJ4GHMdcHYuDoENqbnwsH_2IFASH6kQtazdU9TtTyl49ZjHsxdPKNMfJ_b_zm7agY_2hsNYIKscJqhi4r31GaqUfuB7ElVog

:rock That's awesome man.

~~I've been in beast mode for the past 2 weeks. My neighbor is in aviation school here so he has random hours that he can workout. I've been going to the gym on base with him and his wife to their Crossfit and "Tread and Shed" classes at night while still lifting by myself in the morning. I've lost 4 pounds already since I started this. I ran last night for the first time since I got hurt back in 2003. Holy ____ did it kick my ass.

I've been hanging out in the Sideshow Freaks Fattness Thread for awhile and decided come back over here. I'm right back into eating right. I'm down 6lb in 7 days-mostley water. I'm gunning for 6lb/month.

^^ Thats good! I've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. :/

I've been working out ever day ...but I don't think water...cuz water is gay. I don't really drink much fluids really....when I do I drink water...but like 2 bottles a day. :[

Quick question....are pretzels good for u?

Also...what do u think about these guys:
https://www.wellosophy.com/pree.htm

Last edited:
water is vital to working out and weight loss. IT helps push the garbage out of your system and keeps your body hydrated... You will see more gains if you only drink water as your fluids and plenty of it daily...

Back