The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped below 80kgs this week :blissy SOOOOOOO happy :woo

Great job? Do you have a target weight?

Sweet :duff

You could go for the smaller size, that way you can aim to make it fit better. That's what I do now. Been buying summer clothes and cosplay stuff a few sizes smaller. Some extra motivation :dance

Good idea, however it's the length that is the issue. It's hard to train away long arms. :)

What kind of stuff do you guys like to do that doesn't involve the gym? I need more cardio and they gym where I am is awful.

i got clearance dvd workout at Walmart for 15$ called Ruthless by Weider. it's like 20 minutes workout. No equipment needed. You can check it out on youtube. If you have internet access you can easily just follow it up on youtube also. Kinda like insanity.

I shall. I am currently running a 21 min 3 mile trying to get it sub 18 and it's become frustrating so any cardio helps.

Last edited:
Interval training works like a charm to improve your endurance.

I finally got around to seeing a physiotherapist about my shoulder that has been hurting on and off for the past year. So hopefully the excersises he gave me will fix that.

Hi all,

So I finally got back into fitness training properly this year, was on off with a big off slump during my thesis and post graduation and put on around 30 pounds in a year. Started right after new years and right now I've gone from 228 lbs down to 212 lbs this week. Obviously the big drop was a result of the rapid weight gain and now the loses have slowed but that's as I expected.

First month was just cardio 4-5 times a week and adjusting my diet and cutting my intake to my calories needed to loses 1 lb a week. Now I'm fully adjusted to that with no more breads, fast food etc. in my diet except one cheat meal a week if I hit my targets. This month is the intro of weight training, back to basics with a powerlifting type routine to work the whole body in 2 separate workouts a week and 3-4 cardio sessions a week this time with 1-2 of them being hiit sessions.

Currently at 212 lbs with a lean muscle mass of ~168 lbs, with fat loss and muscle gains I hope to maintain a 3 lb a month fat loss on average to lose around 30 lbs while also gaining 5-10 lbs of muscle which is on the lower end of the estimates for a beginner to weight training from what I've read (lower because I'm not a complete beginner).

My overall goal for 2016 is to reach 185-190 lbs with a body fat % of ~8-12% at 6 ft 2'' as I think this is a reasonably goal. Once this is reached I am planning to add muscle to get to around 200 lbs overall with 185-190 lbs of lean muscle mass.

The main reason for posting this is too look back on in the coming months to make sure I stick to my goals and don't start slacking and changing them.

I'm also looking for advice etc. from others who've perhaps been through a similar situation or just their experience in general. I figure the more I surround myself with fitness and others interested in it the more I am likely to stick to it and further myself when going through tough periods and plateaus.

Great job? Do you have a target weight?
70kgs, sorry for the weight being in kg I'm in Europe :lol :slap
Almost there :banana
Hi all,

So I finally got back into fitness training properly this year, was on off with a big off slump during my thesis and post graduation and put on around 30 pounds in a year. Started right after new years and right now I've gone from 228 lbs down to 212 lbs this week. Obviously the big drop was a result of the rapid weight gain and now the loses have slowed but that's as I expected.

First month was just cardio 4-5 times a week and adjusting my diet and cutting my intake to my calories needed to loses 1 lb a week. Now I'm fully adjusted to that with no more breads, fast food etc. in my diet except one cheat meal a week if I hit my targets. This month is the intro of weight training, back to basics with a powerlifting type routine to work the whole body in 2 separate workouts a week and 3-4 cardio sessions a week this time with 1-2 of them being hiit sessions.

Currently at 212 lbs with a lean muscle mass of ~168 lbs, with fat loss and muscle gains I hope to maintain a 3 lb a month fat loss on average to lose around 30 lbs while also gaining 5-10 lbs of muscle which is on the lower end of the estimates for a beginner to weight training from what I've read (lower because I'm not a complete beginner).

My overall goal for 2016 is to reach 185-190 lbs with a body fat % of ~8-12% at 6 ft 2'' as I think this is a reasonably goal. Once this is reached I am planning to add muscle to get to around 200 lbs overall with 185-190 lbs of lean muscle mass.

The main reason for posting this is too look back on in the coming months to make sure I stick to my goals and don't start slacking and changing them.

I'm also looking for advice etc. from others who've perhaps been through a similar situation or just their experience in general. I figure the more I surround myself with fitness and others interested in it the more I am likely to stick to it and further myself when going through tough periods and plateaus.

Sounds like you're doing really well so far and on the right track :hi5:

Also long time no see U7 :lol :duff

Congrats on getting this far, keep going :woo

Freaking weird. Mr. Green is slowly losing weight, again and again. He's still in shape somewhat but vegan diet sure have a certain effect. Still, all good.

Last edited:
Had to get my ass on track with a fitness routine so dabbled with a bit of kung fu.
It'll be my sixth week this tuesday and I have to say i'm thoroughly enjoying Wing Chun.
Had my first Nunchaku (Okinawan style) class yesterday and was surprised at how much you can pick up in a 2 1/2 hour session. Bo staff next. But which turtle to choose?

Back