The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have powerblocks but gave them up. At first I liked them for not taking up much space but the sliding of the plates would throw me off and the bar to hole the plates in place would come out causing the weights to jack up my arms when they fell.

They are good if you are worried about space and don't plan on beating the hell out of them. I know that there have been improvements to the locking mechanism so I can't say if what happened to me is still a concern.

My Powerblocks are the bomb (sounds like you had a faulty pair)

Ski you are the man! I will look at this when I get home tonight into some more depth, looks great. Thanks so much for the help

Ski you are the man! I will look at this when I get home tonight into some more depth, looks great. Thanks so much for the help

It's a pleasure bro, always a pleasure to help ppl get into fitness and it's so hard to eliminate guess work at first while researching this topic so if I can do anything to stop wasting ppl's time with fads, certain diets, gimmicks and adds it's worth while for me to pass on what took me so long to learn and try to perfect.

Good question....

but I bet ur answer is gonna be ....

"No man thats a fad....eat some peanut butter!" :rolleyes2

:lol

Some people just like to stick with what works for them. BSN is a good company and it gets good reviews so I might give it a try. The science behind it works on paper but everything is different in the body. The only negative reviews I've read on it seem to be coming from people who expect it to help you lose weight which this just isn't a product for. I'd just want it for an occassional cheat meal to prevent bloat and water retention etc.

FYI: We've busted you out Bam...
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78650

Some people just like to stick with what works for them. BSN is a good company and it gets good reviews so I might give it a try. The science behind it works on paper but everything is different in the body. The only negative reviews I've read on it seem to be coming from people who expect it to help you lose weight which this just isn't a product for. I'd just want it for an occassional cheat meal to prevent bloat and water retention etc.

<-- was actually sponsored by BSN in 2005... did you hear about CEM3 in the creatine product and how they got caught cheating and right after that Ronnie Coleman 8 time Mr. Olympian dropped the license.

I'd just want it for an occassional cheat meal to prevent bloat and water retention etc.

Seriously, drink a of gallon of water extra and it will flush all the water weight from sodium and carbs on the cheat meal and it will seem like you never cheated. The magic only works once for me, maybe different for others... (meaning one cheat meal)

"No man thats a fad....eat some peanut butter!" :rolleyes2

You're not helping :rolleyes2 :wave

Last edited:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: U sold me out Woffy!

P.S....Link me up with what ur talking about! :)

<-- was actually sponsored by BSN in 2005... did you hear about CEM3 in the creatine product and how they got caught cheating and right after that Ronnie Coleman 6 time Mr. Olympian dropped the license.

Seriously, drink a of gallon of water extra and it will flush all the water weight from sodium and carbs on the cheat meal and it will seem like you never cheated. The magic only works once for me, maybe different for others... (meaning one cheat meal)

You're not helping :rolleyes2 :wave

Never heard that. So in your opinion has the company gone to ____?

Back when I was in college I took Ronnie's leg workout with me to end my team workouts on leg days. 135 lb. walking lunges the length of the football field and back for 1 set. Do 3 of those and I was good to go. Of course he did that ____ with 300+.:thud:

Never heard that. So in your opinion has the company gone to ____?

Back when I was in college I took Ronnie's leg workout with me to end my team workouts on leg days. 135 lb. walking lunges the length of the football field and back for 1 set. Do 3 of those and I was good to go. Of course he did that ____ with 300+.:thud:

Well after two weeks of people asking me the truth and myself always leading the fight against wrongful information and supplements being just that... In my honest opinion I can't back up a company that would substitute more caffiene in a product instead of creatine.

The owner of the company is three guys about the same age as you and I... and have been known for some shady stuff.

I tried to find some info on the subject but I'm pretty sure they had their reps go out on the interwebs to clean up as much as possible... most of the info with people talking about it is on the forums now since they techincal can't take down a whole forum and more or less attacked the news sites.

Stuff I just found that's out there:

supplementpolice.com/Complaint.pdf

They're being sued in a court of law. That is a fact.

charged of unjust enrichment,fraud lol these are some serious charges. BSN could run into some serious trouble. Below is the evidence that they claim their CEM3 is legit when it's not

Lucky bastards who whipped out this lawsuit are going to be rich if their lawyer is good.

According to the lawsuit, after being tested repeatedly, NO Xplode only CONTAINS Creatine Mono. Maybe the reason you had problems with CM is because you took too high of a dose?? Have you ever tried just taking 1-2grams of creatine mono and not 5 or more??? You ever thought that maybe the reason you didn't bloat on these products is because you were using a lot less creatine overall.

Exaggerating and flat-out LYING about what is inside a product are two different things.

More legal trouble for bsn

Postby cdi919 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:01 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

James Hardin, Esq. 949.717.3000 [email protected]

CLASS SEEKS INJUNCTION TO PREVENT FUTURE FALSE ADVERTISING BY BSN

Court: “Evidence of widespread advertising scheme”

××××

Orange County, California – Lawyers appointed by a Federal Judge to represent tens of thousands of consumers allegedly defrauded by supplement maker Bio-Engineered Supplements and Nutrition (“BSN”) announced today that will ask the Judge to order BSN to stop its false advertising and require BSN to immediately recall all BSN products promoted through false advertising. Class counsel also announced that they will ask the Court to schedule a hearing on their injunction request at the Court’s earliest convenience.

Specifically, the consumer class will ask the Court to: (1) enjoin BSN and its agents from any further advertising of “CEM3” or any corollary representations; (2) compel BSN to immediately recall all falsely advertised products; (3) compel BSN to inform all product vendors of the existence of and requirements set forth in the injunction; and (4) compel BSN to either produce competent evidence to support its claims regarding CEM3 or engage in appropriate corrective advertising.

In late 2008, a California Federal Judge certified a nationwide and statewide class action against BSN. That lawsuit alleges that BSN sold tens of thousands of bottles of its products Cellmass, Nitrix, and N.O.-Explode based upon false labels and false advertising. Specifically, the suit alleges that BSN falsely claims that its products contain a new form of creatine called “Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate”, or “CEM3.” The suit claims that not only did BSN’s products not contain CEM3, but that CEM3 does not exist and is impossible to manufacture.

In certifying the class, U.S. District Judge James V. Selna concluded that the plaintiffs had “provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate that they may be able to prove the false representations at trial.” The Court further concluded that the evidence presented by the Plaintiffs show “evidence of a wide-spread advertising campaign which claims that CEM3 is a superior form of creatine” and that the same evidence “tends to indicate that the representations were made.” Finally, the Court ruled that “Rivera has provided sufficient evidence that the products did not contain CEM3” and that BSN improperly engaged in an “underlying scheme of promoting CEM3 as a superior form of creatine” to allow the case to proceed to trial as a class action.

Class counsel Scott J. Ferrell of the law firm Call, Jensen & Ferrell offered the following statement: “BSN’s ongoing fraud must stop now. BSN has had over a year to provide any evidence to support its claims about CEM3, but its silence is deafening: BSN has not produced a single persuasive document. Now, if BSN does have any evidence, we expect that they’ll turn it over to the Court and to the class.”
of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Member- Club Awesome

"Nothing hurts more than the truth, i like being honest"

https://forums.prosource.net/viewtopic.php?t=14118

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/80310-class-action-lawsuit-2.html

Makes you wonder about most products out there.

Ask me about them :horror :rotfl I've been behind the sales/scenes and right up there with the reps... (been told what to say when to say it, just to get the sell and push the label and claim that these products gave me my results)

I HATE THOSE PPL!!!! :lol

edit: ok hate is a strong word, I really don't HATE anyone but man, it's pretty ____ty to lead ppl on for the $$$.

and it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

You ever heard of pinkmagic? I've been getting an email a day about that ____ coming out and to get your preorders in. Still haven't even looked into what it is. They are certainly pumping the ad dollars into it though.

You ever heard of pinkmagic? I've been getting an email a day about that ____ coming out and to get your preorders in. Still haven't even looked into what it is. They are certainly pumping the ad dollars into it though.

Can't say I've heard of them... must be fairly new most new supps push the adds very heavily in order to get their face out there with the rest of the gangs.

Yeah it's brand new. They're taking preorders like it's a Sideshow product. I've never heard of anything in it though. Here you go. Take a look...

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/pink-magic.html

Ahhhhh yes........ it's the new herb storm for fast loss and tapering along with increasing vascularity. This is very new now and I've been talking to a bodybuilding trainer at my gym about it. Supposedly it's the newest thing out there, there's one I have been researching and it's by the same company. Supposedly this came out in Germany and was developed by German scientist.

What the most amazing part of this is that it's created from herbs so hence you would think it's mostly natural with a small amount of guarana extract aka coffee beans aka caffeine.

I'm actually testing one of these to run a cycle and see the results before I recommend it to anyone. I can't vouch for it though since this formula is so new but the trainer that I've spoke to is a non believer in fat loss supplements and has put two girls on it for a fitness competition and bodybuilding competition and he has also been competing since he was 18 and is now 38 (one Mr. Ark and Oak back in the day), I've known him for about 10 years and he's never led on to a fat loss pill which whenever he explain to me what it was and called his chemo bio PHD friend about it in Texas, so far the formula is legit...

IMO I think it's the herbs that extract a lot of water weight within a quick amount of time because that's what herbs did in past whenever we would take dandelion root by itself pre-comp.

This was the one he was talking about anyways. (same co. USPlabs)
https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/oxyelite-pro.html

If a product says fat loss, I just move on.

Fat loss comes by burning more calories than you take in. Once you hit your desired weight, then you balance your calorie intake to match what you are burning.

too many failed fads have come and gone. may as well just shove a vacuum tube inside your ass and suck the fat out instead.

If a product says fat loss, I just move on.

Fat loss comes by burning more calories than you take in. Once you hit your desired weight, then you balance your calorie intake to match what you are burning.

too many failed fads have come and gone. may as well just shove a vacuum tube inside your ass and suck the fat out instead.

:lecture :lecture :lecture pretty much my theory.

Back