The Plastic Fett POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does a Plastic Boba Fett Bother You?

• Yes, Boba Fett being made out of plastic will most likely lead to a cancellation.

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • No, I am sure everything will turn out fine and am not worried about it.

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • I am Josh so you already know my answer.

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • It bothers me, but I'm not cancelling.

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
outlikealight said:
Amen brother!! Can I get an Amen from the congregation. Most people who boast about their fighting prowess are cowards.

Out
This is true. They are rarely ever able to back it up. It is a huge insecurity that makes them rant about how big and bad they are when they are just a bunch of wimps.

Last edited:
LOL! Yet another battle I was able to stay out of. See DAVE I'm coming around. LOL! What is this all about anyways. I went back and read and I can't really get the point. It is funny though. :D

BadMoon said:
LOL! Yet another battle I was able to stay out of. See DAVE I'm coming around. LOL! What is this all about anyways. I went back and read and I can't really get the point. It is funny though. :D

Plastic Fett costs less, but we're paying the same, somehow it deviated into a personal thing, something about someone ripping someone else off. Then Abe Lincoln freed the slaves and Moses split the sea and we found out Vader was Lukes father. Predictable, but good.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Plastic Fett costs less, but we're paying the same, somehow it deviated into a personal thing, something about someone ripping someone else off. Then Abe Lincoln freed the slaves and Moses split the sea and we found out Vader was Lukes father. Predictable, but good.
Yup....PBK pretty much summed everything up!:D

Man, the last couple of days have been some of the worst this board has ever seen. And we have one word to thank...PLASTIC

PosterBoyKelly said:

Vader is Luke's father? :D

I love how the timeline has Abe Lincoln freeing the slaves before Moses parts the Red Sea. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:monkey5

A pound of ABS plastic costs less than a pound of polystone. If that's all we were buying, we should expect a lower price.

But the total production costs of bringing a plastic Fett to the market are roughly the same as a polystone version. There are more costs involved than just the ingredients. Sideshow is not ultimately saving any money by going with ABS instead of polystone. That's what Brant was trying to explain to us, but we have either ignored him or assumed that he is lying.

IrishJedi said:
I love how the timeline has Abe Lincoln freeing the slaves before Moses parts the Red Sea. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:monkey5

Abe frees them, Moses leads them. It's how it happens.

Does anyone know what kind of molds they use for polystone? Are they metal as well?

In a way the abs armor is cool, since its what was used to make the real armor in movies right?

This thread served it's purpose: letting people vent and express where they stand.

I think it may be time to call it a night... :maul

This is what sideshow said.

The helmet, armor, body, and all other ‘hard’ parts are all cast in the same material, and we believe the end result is a durable, crisp, accurate and very solid 1:4 scale Boba Fett (and not quite so heavy – it may save you a little on shipping!). We can’t wait to see your photos and reviews!

I really don't mind the armour or the helmet in plastic..It does make sense when the reasoning is durability and structural integrity of such a thin piece...But the body..the blaster..and all other "hard parts"...does that mean the base tooo...When sideshow starts doing bodies in plastic and charges these prices..It's time to try another company. :rolleyes:

tomandshell said:
Sideshow is not ultimately saving any money by going with ABS instead of polystone.

Yes they are. To think otherwise just because SSC tried to justify it that way is simply being gullible.

Now, cue the inevitable Wrath of Josh.

:rolleyes:

The Earl of Dunfield said:
Does anyone know what kind of molds they use for polystone? Are they metal as well?

Not metal. Resins can be molded with cheaper, temporary molds usually made up of some kind of silicon rubber. It's only good for a limited number of uses. This is why you see so many busts and statues produced in small quantities. A typical steel mold for an action figure can run upto $60,000. The molds used for resins are practically disposable.

So, you can say that SS has a HUGE profit margin with PFs, and they're making less with Boba, but not a loss.

tomandshell said:
A pound of ABS plastic costs less than a pound of polystone. If that's all we were buying, we should expect a lower price.

But the total production costs of bringing a plastic Fett to the market are roughly the same as a polystone version. There are more costs involved than just the ingredients. Sideshow is not ultimately saving any money by going with ABS instead of polystone. That's what Brant was trying to explain to us, but we have either ignored him or assumed that he is lying.

Brant must be lying, He works for the Man. He can't be trusted.:rotfl :rotfl

No one has said Brant was lying. He simply tried to explain things from SSC's point-of-view. BIG DIFFERENCE. And that's also his job and part of why he's an awesome Production guy so I for one won't fault him at all for that.

Note, however, that even though Brant and SSC have attempted to justify why this item costs the same as it did when it was going to be polystone we haven't seen one bit of imperical evidence that shows why overall productions costs where the same (or more) when it was decided to use ABS. Yet I point out point-blank that ABS costs a good bit less than Polystone and my opinion is summarily discarded by those who seem to think SSC is a perfect entity that can do no wrong and truly has only the collector/consumer in mind.

Try to remove your emotions from this debate and stand back and look at it practically and rationally. You may be surprised.

IrishJedi said:
Try to remove your EMOTIONS from this and stand back and look at it rationally. You may be surprised.

I agree totally. It's a shame that a large faction of the people here aren't able to do that and instead choose to make it personal. :confused:

tomandshell said:

No company is going to tell you they are making more money at your expense.

Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back