The Plastic Fett POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does a Plastic Boba Fett Bother You?

• Yes, Boba Fett being made out of plastic will most likely lead to a cancellation.

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • No, I am sure everything will turn out fine and am not worried about it.

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • I am Josh so you already know my answer.

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • It bothers me, but I'm not cancelling.

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
jlcmsu said:
Cause I stay strong to my 2 cents? :rotfl :rolleyes:

You don't like what I have to say. Put me on ignore.

Pot calling the kettle black again....:rolleyes:

If you hate people expressing their opinions, put them on ignore.

I love Sideshow products as much as others here, I have spent more money on their collectibles than I care to add up but that doesn't mean they walk on water and do no wrong.

OK since a few people dont like what I said.

My post was not pointed at anyone single person. My post was pointed at the people who will say but its plastic, or they are cheating us or Im canceling etc... over and over and over and over, wait i missed one and OVER.

I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions but when the opinions turn to be VERY NEGATIVE and the majority of them are and they must say it 100s of times I have an issue. Do I need to be here no. Do I want to be here yes. Do I want people to say what they like or don't like yes. Do I want to hear the same stuff 100 time over and over NO!!! I don't want a board that is all blind Love for SS but its has been shifting to almost I Hate SS at least in the SW area.

And Yes I said if you don't like it let the door hit you in the azz on the way out. I stand by it 100% there are some people here that is directed to. That is no just becasue they don't like Boba being plastic its those are just negative people.

PS.
Anakin if you have an issue with Mini-Rock or vise versa take it back to thisthread there is enough nevativity with out bringing this in here.

Anakin said:
,..,,, me thinks ppl are desperate for nothing,.... i want to see the ppl comments here after they have it in their hands,....abs plastic is pretty solid,.... . if the body is solid, not hollow,..then there's no reason to worry,.....

,.. about sideshow changing it in the last minute,... well,.. there's another story,... maybe they did it for good,.....,,

prolly very solid indeed..........but not $325 solid

This is not a statue

A statue is a sculpture depicting a specific entity, usually a person, event, animal or object.

Notice the description of Vader

Sideshow Collectibles’ Premium Format Darth Vader Figure is a museum quality 1/4 scale reproduction of the Dark Lord’s appearance in Star Wars: A New Hope. The multi-layered costume combines expertly tailored clothing with a body and armor cast in heavy-weight polystone and other mediums, each chosen to best represent the original costume. The lightsaber, chest and belt panels feature electronic light function. Each figure is painted, costumed, and assembled by hand, and held to the highest quality standards

this wreaks of quality

and then of Fett

The Premium Format 1:4 Scale Boba Fett figure captures the mysterious bounty hunter as he appeared in Return of the Jedi. Boba Fett stands 19 inches tall atop an environmental display base reminiscent of Jabba's palace. Every detail of Fett's Mandalorian armor has been reproduced in true 1:4 scale, as well as his jetpack and braided wookiee pelt trophies. Boba Fett's helmet features ball-joint articulation, so that you can turn his calculating gaze in whichever direction you desire. The Premium Format Boba Fett figure is the ultimate Fett collectible - don't miss this chance to get yours!

The quality part has disappeared completely.

Even though I don't have a vested interest in this piece (did not pre-order), I did read through this entire thread because I am concerned at the precedence that this may set towards future PF developments for all PF lines.

Here's a set of questions for those of you that are actually purchasing this PF "figure" and do NOT mind that two weeks prior to shipping, it's announced that it's been made of plastic due to unforeseen developmental difficulties and as an added benefit, to save shipping weight and subsequent shipping expenses for their customers:

1. What if they make all future PF headsculpts of molded plastic or vinyl, instead of the much heavier polystone, while still "looking good"?

2. What if they make all future PF bases of molded plastic instead of the much heavier polystone, while still "looking good"?

3. What if they make all future PF bodies of molded plastic in order to allow additional articulation, while still "looking good"?

4. What if they kept the current average PF pricing after these changes?

Would be curious to hear your responses.

mfoga said:
I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions but when the opinions turn to be VERY NEGATIVE and the majority of them are and they must say it 100s of times I have an issue.

A majority of the collectors here don't like the fact that Fett is plastic. Of course there is going to be a negative tone here when the majority thinks negatively about Fett.

Throw in the occasional fanboy who tries to discount anyone's opinion (when negative) of the company he's obsessed with, and there's going to be trouble.

And yes, it looks like the fanatical minority here do have a problem with people expressing their opinions.

FlyAndFight said:
1. What if they make all future PF headsculpts of molded plastic or vinyl, instead of the much heavier polystone, while still "looking good"?

2. What if they make all future PF bases of molded plastic instead of the much heavier polystone, while still "looking good"?

3. What if they make all future PF bodies of molded plastic in order to allow additional articulation, while still "looking good"?

4. What if they kept the current average PF pricing after these changes?

Would be curious to hear your responses.

As long as I know it won't break during shipping, and save a couple of bucks on the shipping cost, that would be fine. ;)

DetroitSportsFan said:
Throw in the occasional fanboy who tries to discount anyone's opinion (when negative) of the company he's obsessed with, and there's going to be trouble.

And yes, it looks like the fanatical minority here do have a problem with people expressing their opinions.

:lol :lol :lol BEWARE THE JOSH....

The ill Jedi said:
I just have one thing to say to all those who are cancelling this: You're gonna regret it!
Actually I won't. When I get one cheap off ebay I willl be more than happy that I cancelled.

The ill Jedi said:
I just have one thing to say to all those who are cancelling this: You're gonna regret it!
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I don't think so, I think those that keep their orders will be the regretful ones when they have to either return it, sell it for less, or just plain out have to look at a stupid plastic piece of expensive junk.

El Roranous said:
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I don't think so, I think those that keep their orders will be the regretful ones when they have to either return it, sell it for less, or just plain out have to look at a stupid plastic piece of expensive junk.

Oh, now we're just taking shots about the whole thing and not just the fact that the body is made of plastic. Not cool. If you're officially calling Fett a piece of junk, then maybe Sideshow isn't the company for you.

The ill Jedi said:

I would more regret letting myself pay $325 for a plastic statue.......cant wait for this to hit the bay.

It's funny, I hadn't really paid much attention to this piece, but all this uproar has made me take notice of it and now I want to buy the damn thing. The plastic body wouldn't bother me because it'd be covered in clothes anyway, and the armored parts look just as good to me as if they were poly.

I guess I'll use the money I saved on Jabba's throne for Boba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back