The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

It says in the papers here in the UK that Tobey Maguire is to play Bilbo and that is one of the reasons for him pulling out of Spiderman 4. Any further info on this??

Its NOT true. Your papers are just running with some stories which have already been shot down by GDT himself.

TOBEY IS NOT GOING TO BE BILBO!!!!!

:lol

The only Toby we will see in the Hobbit will be coming out of a pipe.

Bilbo_smoking_a_pipe.jpg

Its NOT true. Your papers are just running with some stories which have already been shot down by GDT himself.

TOBEY IS NOT GOING TO BE BILBO!!!!!

All good then!! :lol

NOOOOOO!!!! Why are people still labouring under this dillusion? If people got the part because they LOOKED like a hobbit, i would have been Frodo Baggins! He might look like one, but he doesn't have the acting range. Everything i've seen him in has been the same character.

I recall when people said the same about Heath Ledger as Joker. :huh

Freeman has the chops the play Bilbo no problem and if anything his previous work would help him play the same bumbling everyman, would-be hero in over his head that is Bilbo.

I have some bad news...it's looks like there is a new article in Variety quoting Alan Horn that the Hobbit is pushed back to 2012 because of the MGM restructure due to bankruptcy.

I think the mayan calendar is really just a countdown to the release of the hobbit film.

I have some bad news...it's looks like there is a new article in Variety quoting Alan Horn that the Hobbit is pushed back to 2012 because of the MGM restructure due to bankruptcy.

Yep, fourth quarter.:monkey2

I'm worried about Christopher Lee's involvement. He already said he wouldn't travel to NZ but they could film his scenes in London. He's not getting any younger and with every push back I worry if he's up to the part. He's a perfect Saruman and I don't want to see him recast. :(

So now we'll be seeing the Spider-Man reboot BEFORE the Hobbit? News just keeps getting better and better.

/sarcasm

I think the mayan calendar is really just a countdown to the release of the hobbit film.

That's awesome!

Seriously though, I wish I hadn't just found this thread. I have been trying to shield myself from news about the Hobbit because I want to forget about it and then be super stoked when I see that it is coming out imminently!

Now I will be thinking about the wait!:mad:

If Tobey McGuire is Bilbo I will boycott the movie, at least until it comes out on DVD........

Jesseawilson, your avatar is beyond mesmerizing...:google

Distracts me every time I see it!:D

I read a set report somewhere saying they have set up Bag End. :D

Back