The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread *SPOILERS*

I didn't really like the movie. Radagast was ridiciolous and everything seemed more like a Disney movie. LOTR was so much better in everything.
All those dwarves are third-class actors. LOTR actors were great though.

:lecture:goodpost::hi5:

Couldn't agree more. I love LOTR - seem them so many times, got all the special editions and read all the books but The Hobbit was just awful - not just in comparison - but as a movie all by itself. Some people are saying you can't compare it to LOTR but those comparisons are inevitable. And there are some of us who aren't interested in comparing every word in the book to every scene in the film - I am judging it by itself as a stand alone product and it was bad. The dwarves were silly, ridiculous and not believable; there was too much CGI and the whole thing was just boring and dull.

I'm not happy that it was rubbish - I really wanted to like it.

Bud where did you download it? I cant seem to find it? Thanks

I spoke too soon; there was something else Hobbit related that was free and I thought it was the one Josh was referring to. I didn't notice until I checked it a few hours later that it's some teacher / educator's guide to the Hobbit.

It's only for iPad.

Yeah, looking for it right now.

:faq434 million total so far worldwide after 10 days release...still good haul...obviously everything slowed down in USA this week for holiday shopping etc...If Hobbit was #1 then what does it say about the rest of the films in how poorly they did...:lecture ...The world still loves ME and some places it hasnt been released yet:wink1: ....after video and everything else it will get the money it cost to make the entire trilogy back I'm sure...then the other 2 films will be pure profit

Last edited:

Yeah, it's not gonna make what I thought but its still going to do fairly well. I could explain why I think it didn't meet that level but I'm sure I'd get someone telling me I'm just making excuses. It's a good movie and a solid start to a trilogy. So in the end as a fan it gave me what I was looking for.

Don't get all the hate for this movie. I loved it lol.

I don't think there's a lot of hate, it seems that the majority of the people like the movie itself. The 48fps is what is getting the majority of the hate.

It'll make good money, and it should - it's a good film, but so far it's definitely selling a lot fewer tickets than ROTK. Which is fine, it's just contrary to claims that were made on the subject, and not just by Josh

I was wrong. I'm pretty sure we've made that clear. It is what it is. This film will make good money as will the next two and in the end as a fan of the subject I'll walk away with six films I can enjoy for the rest of my days. :)

Still not sure about the Witch-kings crown since I don't see the four long spikes. I took a video of it last night but it's hard to tell since it's HFR 3D. :duh

[ame="https://youtu.be/XwhgDLBJqv0"]https://youtu.be/XwhgDLBJqv0[/ame]

Trying to pirate the movie frank? :lol

Maybe it's not the Witch-king but they think it is because of the blade? We might get more explanation in film 2 or 3.

Trying to pirate the movie frank? :lol

Maybe it's not the Witch-king but they think it is because of the blade? We might get more explanation in film 2 or 3.

Stupid flash went off when I pulled out my phone to film that part! :horror :panic: :slap :lol

In 12 days this movie has already done 450 mil worldwide, if this was any other movie people would still be focused on how great this movie is doing. :lecture

BAD Frank! :tap

I'm sure i saw a crown :lecture

Of course it's the Witch King, who else? They even confirm it's him at the White Council. Haven't you watched the movie enough times? ;) :lol

They do say that but I'm just tossing something else out there to mull over.

I'm just so happy that I can go into a movie and enjoy it and not go into one wanting to hate it. So many people admit doing that and I don't think you're going to enjoy it when you do.

There are so many movies that critics and even movies goers hated that I really enjoyed. John Carter, Wolverine and Battleship come to mind off the top of my head.

How anyone could find this movie boring, dull or hating it is beyond me. The only movie that I can say I hated that I went to see was Jack Black's Gulliver's Travels.

And anyone rating this 1/10 in the other threads are either just doing it to piss people off or they haven't seen very many movies. No way does this deserve a 1.

I saw The Hobbit again last night, this time taking my parents. I still have some problems with the film.

The first third of the film is really rather boring. To those who aren't die hard Tolkien fans, they will be bored. I mean, I enjoyed it for them most part, but I would've trimmed some of the dwarves antics out.

My parents loved LOTR and list them among some of their favorite movies, but they didn't care for The Hobbit. They cited the slow pace, lack of urgency, over-the-top antics, and unrealistic scenes as big distractions. They only got into the film around the Rivendell scenes.

My mom singled out Radagast, the Great Goblin ("That'll do it."), the escape from the Goblins, the stone giants, and the deux ex Gandalf all as moments she rolled her eyes. I tend to agree. They loved the scenes with Gollum, but that was about all the praise they could give the film.

Oh, and if that is the Witch King of Angmar in The Hobbit, his crown is not the same as it is in the LOTR films.

...Of course it's the Witch King, who else? They even confirm it's him at the White Council. Haven't you watched the movie enough times? ;) :lol

They do say that but I'm just tossing something else out there to mull over.

I'm sure it's the Witch-king and I'm sure he has a crown, I'm just trying to figure out if it's the same crown as from Lord of the Rings. Not sure why I'm so obsessed over it though. :lol

I'm just so happy that I can go into a movie and enjoy it and not go into one wanting to hate it. So many people admit doing that and I don't think you're going to enjoy it when you do.

There are so many movies that critics and even movies goers hated that I really enjoyed. John Carter, Wolverine and Battleship come to mind off the top of my head.

How anyone could find this movie boring, dull or hating it is beyond me. The only movie that I can say I hated that I went to see was Jack Black's Gulliver's Travels.

And anyone rating this 1/10 in the other threads are either just doing it to piss people off or they haven't seen very many movies. No way does this deserve a 1.

:exactly: It's just much easier to dislike something with the cool kids and nitpick it to death rather than admit you enjoyed it. Some folk need to put things into perspective sometimes and remember these are just movies...

I wonder if the drop in NA is due to x-mas shopping. I know I wouod love to see it again.

Still not sure about the Witch-kings crown since I don't see the four long spikes. I took a video of it last night but it's hard to tell since it's HFR 3D. :duh

https://youtu.be/XwhgDLBJqv0

I'm so glad you posted this. Now I can show this to people who are on the fence about HFR. It will show them how hideous it really is. :lol

Back