The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Oh my lord! 9 hours are gone from your life...

Me personally, I can't wait for the extended edition bluray to be released so I can waste even more hours of my life watching! :blissy :lol

The Necromancer is the same dude with the crazy mouth at the end of the extended edition of ROTK right? I read all the books, but it's been so long, I can't recall what his part was in the whole saga...

The Necromancer is Sauron, but it isn't revealed till later.

The Necromancer is the same dude with the crazy mouth at the end of the extended edition of ROTK right? I read all the books, but it's been so long, I can't recall what his part was in the whole saga...

No, that's the mouth of Sauron. He's just one of Sauron's servants.

This Necromancer is a guise of Saruon.

Me personally, I can't wait for the extended edition bluray to be released so I can waste even more hours of my life watching! :blissy :lol

With a 3 hour movie; I kind of doubt that. If there were one released; I'd be all over it though cause for a book to span 3 movies; what material did they leave out? ****, good question, let's see what they left out when and if an extended version is released. It has to be obviously a lot, right? It's been forever since I read the book. I was in middle school. Cripes.

By the way; did anyone see development photos Elijah Wood's Frodo all twisted and scary looking? It was a planned scene of a what-if-vision of the ring taking over Frodo. Pretty neat.

With a 3 hour movie; I kind of doubt that. If there were one released; I'd be all over it though cause for a book to span 3 movies; what material did they leave out? ****, good question, let's see what they left out when and if an extended version is released. It has to be obviously a lot, right? It's been forever since I read the book. I was in middle school. Cripes.

By the way; did anyone see development photos Elijah Wood's Frodo all twisted and scary looking? It was a planned scene of a what-if-vision of the ring taking over Frodo. Pretty neat.

NOT A IF BUT WHEN....25 minutes(or maybe more) footage....

Can't wait, I have a little bit more room on the shelf. :wacky

Frank the crown looked the same to me when I saw it today.

Except that he's holding the sword as well...In the Hobbit the WK tried to turn Radagast into a Wraith only IMHO...I bet anyone who entered the area was stabbed by the Morgul blade and turned into a Wraith/wright to protect Dol Guldor only in this incident it was the mighty Radagast...just a thought

This and the LOTR does take me back to the old Ray Harryhausen era of films, Sinbad etc...plus think back about all the fantasy films out there that I've seen for a half century these are the beast and without a doubt my favorite...being a Tolkien fan of course helps again in that regard...There were some good ones out there in the eighties...My favorite fantasy film after LOTR/Hobbit is Excalibur...Lots of profound stuff in that film worthy of multiple views to make sure you catch it all...plus the settings are simply marvelous

While I enjoyed this movie, just can't bring myself to see it a 2nd time in the theater...gonna hold out for a director's cut on blu

This and the LOTR does take me back to the old Ray Harryhausen era of films, Sinbad etc...plus think back about all the fantasy films out there that I've seen for a half century these are the beast and without a doubt my favorite...being a Tolkien fan of course helps again in that regard...There were some good ones out there in the eighties...My favorite fantasy film after LOTR/Hobbit is Excalibur...Lots of profound stuff in that film worthy of multiple views to make sure you catch it all...plus the settings are simply marvelous

I love Excalibur too, though I found some of the acting to be bad.

Back