The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

BU BU BUUU BUMMMMM bum dadad duuuuuu deee deee de doo do bahhh bahh bumpa bahhhhh!

Coolest song ever. :lol

It's OK. I guess it'd be better if I loved the series.

I liked the Hobbit theme.

BU BU BUUU BUMMMMM bum dadad duuuuuu deee deee de doo do bahhh bahh bumpa bahhhhh!

Coolest song ever. :lol

It's more like...

Ba...dada Ba...dada Baaa. Da da daa, da da da, dah dah dahhh. DUN DUN DUNNN.

Love the Indy OS as well. I'm an OS junkie. Got lots on my iPhone. Some obvious stuff like Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Indy, Star Wars (all six films), HP (all films), POTC, etc.

This is in the ROTK Appendices as well as the Council of Elrond chapter in FOTR...Gloin was mentioning it plus was one of the reasons The dwaves went to the council and why Gimli went ...to hopefully find out what happened to Balin and company

Anyone else get a bit sad after watching this movie and remembering Balin and Ori are the dead dwarves in Moria? Oin dies there too, but you don't see his body or tomb in the movie version (since the Watcher kills him).

Anyone else get a bit sad after watching this movie and remembering Balin and Ori are the dead dwarves in Moria? Oin dies there too, but you don't see his body or tomb in the movie version (since the Watcher kills him).

Yeah, a little sad about Balin because from reading things he comes to care about Bilbo. The other two not as much just simply because there isn't a ton of info even from Tolkien about them.

Josh, the acronym people tend to use for official soundtrack = OST (even though, yes, soundtrack is 1 word).

OS is for "Operating System". You keep throwing me for a loop with it in your posts, thinking there's some iPhone app out there to need to check out or something. :lol

I just call it a score.

Because people can confuse soundtrack with something like that ****ty Avengers Album with real music on it.

Scores only please. :D

Josh, the acronym people tend to use for official soundtrack = OST (even though, yes, soundtrack is 1 word).

OS is for "Operating System". You keep throwing me for a loop with it in your posts, thinking there's some iPhone app out there to need to check out or something. :lol

Ill try to keep you from getting confused. :lol

yup........

I was dual using the "OS". I know computer wise OS= Operating System but I'm lazy and prefer it when talking about original scores. I'll be more proper I promise. :lol

The Radagast/Jar Jar comparisons are lame. Radagast was a character that had never been fleshed out very much by Tolkien, and should have at least appeared in Jackson's FOTR. Jackson made up for his lack of inclusion in FOTR, and did a great job of creating a character unlike any we had seen in Middle Earth at that point. Sure, Jackson took some creative liberties with Radagast, but a character with powers equal to Gandalf and Saruman, but has chosen to cohabit with wildlife instead of humans/elves/dwarfs, etc WOULD be eccentric. I didn't view Radagast as an attempt at comic relief or there to get laughs from kids, in fact his introduction dealt specifically with the death of animals and his reaction to watching animals he cares about die, which traditionally are difficult scenes for children to watch in films. Jar Jar, on the other hand, served no purpose other than to act silly, offend people of certain ethnicity, and sell action figures to kids (and adults).

Radagast has depth that is masked by his appearance and behavior, however with Jar Jar, "what you see is what you get".

Additionally, I would like to add that the scenes that Jackson chose to expand upon or add to the Hobbit that weren't in the book: Radagast, Azog the white Orc, the Witch King and Dol Guldur, Bilbo and Frodo preparing for the party, Gandalf bumping his head on the lamp...I enjoyed all of them immensely and those scenes helped to build a bigger narrative and tie this trilogy into the previous trilogy. I can't wait to be able to sit down and watch all 6 films chronologically.

Back