The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

and why isnt PJ directing this again? doesn't make sense to me.

Doesn't make sense to me either I mean if PJ resolved his differences with New Line shouldn't he be able to direct The Hobbit?:confused:

Question.......What actors from LotRs could possibly be in The Hobbit? I don't see many characters being in both.

letsee.....
For sure, except for the obligatory signing on the dotted line:
- Ian McKellan ..... Gandalf
- Andy Serkis .... Gollum/Smeagol

Hopeful (either that the 2d "bridge" film will have them written in and actors will commit to, although all of these have been very busy):
- Viggo Mortensen .... Aragorn/Strider/Thorongil
- Hugo Weaving .... Elrond
- Cate Blanchette .... Galadriel
- Marton Csokas .... Celeborn

Might be: (although they're gonna have to do a whole lotta writing to include):
- Orlando Bloom .... Legolas (dunno if he'd be included in the bridge)
- Elijah Wood .... Frodo (he's expressed interest in hoping to be written in)

I don't see too much of a problem seeing most of the actors do cameos but there's gonna be a ten year difference in their ages since they were first filmed for the LOTR. I hope those computers can erase the aging process.

dont forget Lee as Saruman. i am guessing that part of the bridging material will be the wizards banishing the "shadow" from mirkwood.

dont forget Lee as Saruman. i am guessing that part of the bridging material will be the wizards banishing the "shadow" from mirkwood.

Lee has already stated he does not want to come too NZ for filming of The Hobbit or the "Unnamed Sequel" as at his age he doesn't want to travel or have to live in NZ for filming but he has said he would be happy to do the voice of Smaug which would be a great alternative :D

I don't see too much of a problem seeing most of the actors do cameos but there's gonna be a ten year difference in their ages since they were first filmed for the LOTR. I hope those computers can erase the aging process.

They can do alot with just makeup. I'll be curious to see who actually ends up in the movie. I know Viggo wants to be in it also. Why do I have a feeling that they'll try to go with alot of new people?

Lee has already stated he does not want to come too NZ for filming of The Hobbit or the "Unnamed Sequel" as at his age he doesn't want to travel or have to live in NZ for filming but he has said he would be happy to do the voice of Smaug which would be a great alternative :D

I remember reading that a couple months ago. It is a real shame that he does not want to come to NZ which is understandable considering his age but it would be cool ig GDT could accomadate his needs and film the Saruman shots elsewhere.

I for one would love Lee back as Saruman, it would be wierd someone else playing his part. I'm keeping fingers crossed that he does return, they may film it elsewhere or something, I dunno how they would do it, I would just really like him to return.
However, if he didnt, I don't think he would work as the voice of Smaug. IMO his voice is too distinctive, I would see Smaug (if he is shown) but hear Saruman and that would ruin it a little for me, but thats just me. :dunno
x :peace

I for one would love Lee back as Saruman, it would be wierd someone else playing his part. I'm keeping fingers crossed that he does return, they may film it elsewhere or something, I dunno how they would do it, I would just really like him to return.
However, if he didnt, I don't think he would work as the voice of Smaug. IMO his voice is too distinctive, I would see Smaug (if he is shown) but hear Saruman and that would ruin it a little for me, but thats just me. :dunno

I agree. I could still hear Gimli when Treebeard was talking

Don't get me wrong I want too see Chris Lee to return as much as any other LOTR fan but he is 87 next year and he may not be as "Stable" as he was when he was in LOTR and because of that we can't expect him to compromise his own health over what his fans want, but if he can return in some form or another I will be most happy :monkey3

Lee has already stated he does not want to come too NZ for filming of The Hobbit or the "Unnamed Sequel" as at his age he doesn't want to travel or have to live in NZ for filming

Then we replace him with Michael Gambon, who is a great replacement wizard.

I really think that Christopher Lee owns the part, and if there's any way that they could film his footage in the UK and make it work, then I hope they'll at least consider it.

I really think that Christopher Lee owns the part, and if there's any way that they could film his footage in the UK and make it work, then I hope they'll at least consider it.

I can't imagine anyone else as Saruman or anyone other than McKellen as Gandalf. All the rest I could live with (except Sirkis for Gollum).

He can always have himself filmed on a green screen or his sections filmed in a studio there with the actors and make those towards the end of filming.

Back