The Official T-800 Comparison Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up selling Taylor but I have yet to bring myself to sell Barnes because I think its one of HT best ever headsculpts and pretty unique with those scars. The character was quite something too.

Reading those old posts of yours, yeah you were bang-on.

Its funny the way we had allowed ourselves to forget that we all were speculating on and even expecting a Cyberdyne T-800 back then. Yet when it turned up there was outrage that it wasn't the BD version. That was the effect of the COOmodels gear. Probably even people who didn't personally buy that stuff felt like they'd already seen DX10, those who did buy that stuff, felt like they already had DX10. But the fact was HT had not made a Cyberdyne T-800 and they don't take customs into account. They do insofar as letting them know that thats something people want (like laughing Joker heads and this) but they want their own version of it out there, not just customs.

True, let me rephrase:

... If someone could just do a comparison of just three pics:

A. One pic of an actual portrait of Arnolds face in the movie
B. One portrait pic of the MMS117 to match the pic in "A".
C. One portrait pic of the DX10 to match the pic in "A".

Then, hopefully, we'll be able to come to a closer conclusion...if at all possible

It would surely help some undecided folks. We need a good photographer to set up the shots so they are under the exact conditions. Have seen this pic:

T2_PRODUCTION_STILL_VS_ENTERBAY_VS_HT_COMPARISON_3.jpg

I'd love it if the photographer could add the DX10 to that.

It would surely help some undecided folks. We need a good photographer to set up the shots so they are under the exact conditions. Have seen this pic:

T2_PRODUCTION_STILL_VS_ENTERBAY_VS_HT_COMPARISON_3.jpg

I'd love it if the photographer could add the DX10 to that.

Nice comparison pics. Almost there. We just need the dx10 in there. Here is the funny thing, even though the actual portrait of Arnold and the enterbay arnold look more alike, the hot toys arnold for some reason looks more realistic than the other 2 pics-(if that makes any sense). Or maybe the hot toys version has more wrinkles and detail than the other two which makes it more realistic-looking, who knows...

Why you spoiled brat! :mad:

Remember the action? Remember the danger? Remember the emotion? Remember the mission?

HT%20T%20800%20003.jpg

HT%20T%20800%20048.jpg

HT%20T%20800%20051.jpg

HT%20T%20800%20042.jpg

HT%20T%20800%20031.jpg

newt8005.jpg

newt8003.jpg

I have the dx 10 head...but I still love my mms...so is strange..
the dx 10 is a improvment but is not so perfectly accurate...
(in my opinion eyes, hair, forhead,jacket's pocket and tailoring are that good ) and we have waited for 3 long years (if I remember fine) for another not quite accurate figure...when the BW scarface's figure was released, we all shouted to the miracle, then Eb has released his version and the BW is become §hit..
I am not agree, with this continue changing of mind...the dx 10 is another version of the t2 but not the definitive one..
(I hope Ht will do some changes for the future damaged version)
because that figure could become one of the N° 1 for sure...:lecture

amazing pics difabio your john is wonderful...

Yeah, those aren't mine.

We also need a DX John Connor figure.

That would be cool. He would compliment the T-800 so well. I also want another Bale Connor. Id love to see how much better HT can sculpt him these days (even though I still love the old sculpt) That being my first HT figure, it is still my favorite. Everything about it is close to perfect imo, the paint, the weathering, clothing, weapons, etc. And to think he was only $140 shipped.....:horror

That would be cool. He would compliment the T-800 so well. I also want another Bale Connor. Id love to see how much better HT can sculpt him these days (even though I still love the old sculpt) That being my first HT figure, it is still my favorite. Everything about it is close to perfect imo, the paint, the weathering, clothing, weapons, etc. And to think he was only $140 shipped.....:horror

I watched T4 again last night. I can watch that film without doing this :banghead throughout unlike T3.

Still love the T-600s and that opening sequence particularly.

Now Bale Connor would be $230 or some crazy ****.

Nice find there a-dev. If the PERS breaks it would still be bad.

I watched T4 again last night. I can watch that film without doing this :banghead throughout unlike T3.

Still love the T-600s and that opening sequence particularly.

I like Terminator Salvation. I knew it wouldn't be as good as T1 and T2, but I just watched it for what it was, an action movie. The action scenes are awesome. I thought the T-600's were cool too. I love the scenes in dark with their red eyes glaring down at the prisoners.

T4_8.jpg

I see you guys are talking about a 1/6 John Connor. I forsure want that. The only way it'd work:

1. Toy Fair exclusive at a decent price
2. Lumped along with a different figure or item

1. Toy Fair exclusive at a decent price
2. Lumped along with a different figure or item

Or both of these.

- 2013 Toy Fairs Exclusive young John Connor and Pescadero/Garage Sarah Connor

- OR -

- 2013 Toy Fairs Exclusive young John Connor and silver mercury man T-1000 (or explodin' pretzel man T-1000)

Or both of these.

- 2013 Toy Fairs Exclusive young John Connor and Pescadero/Garage Sarah Connor

- OR -

- 2013 Toy Fairs Exclusive young John Connor and silver mercury man T-1000 (or explodin' pretzel man T-1000)

Much as I'd love the latter the first would be ideal. It'd complete the character requirements for the chip removal scene that DX10 gives us.

And thus I wish they had included the Pescadero outfit and Chets autoparts jacket with the original Sarah figure. Would 3 extra items of clothing really have pushed the boat out on that one? Even forget the jacket and just have the vest and the sweatpants. Decent women's sweatpants seem to be impossible to find (for 1:6 obviously)

The T2 line is probably dead after the Battle Damaged T-800 anyway (in terms of different characters/variations). Other than maybe 4 or 5 of us here, who's going to buy a child, an Edward Furlong child at that (not to take away from John in T2, he's great)? No one.

There might be another Uncle Bob redo or T-1000 rehash, but I think in terms of new characters or looks, they're done.

I'd put money on a new 1/6 endo and Police Shootout T-800 though. Not sure what the deal with Kyle Reese is.

Back