The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that with a decent glue effort, some sanding, and a degree in paint matching and spraying that busted statue might buff up alright for $900.

I will be waiting for this to be made into a 1/4 scale maquette! I dont care even it take years for them to release it.. But 1/2 for me NEVER AGAIN!!!

Sorry to hear that Mannequin, did you have a bad experience with this piece? I've had my fair share if statue fails but I don't let it get in the way of my enjoyment of a piece. Sure the return process is pain in the ass but it's the nature of the beast with ANY fragile collectible. Great pics THX! I could never in a million years afford this so I have to live vicariously through you guys!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Mannequin, did you have a bad experience with this piece? I've had my fair share if statue fails but it I don't let it get in that way of my enjoyment of a piece. Sure the return process is pain in the ass but it's the nature of the beast with ANY fragile collectible. Great pics THX! I could never in a million years afford this so I have to live vicariously through you guys!

Well with all the complaint and the broken issues with the 1/2 scale, Im surely staying clear from this. I just saw the Movie Ironman 2 and its a winner... just like what I've said in a different thread. I'd save my moolah for Mark2,3,4,6, War machine 1/4 scale than to buy this for 2000$

Thanks thx217 for the idea of reversing the neck strips. I also have done such surgery which makes this already fantastic piece even better.
IMG_1939a.jpg

IMG_1943a.jpg

IMG_1942a.jpg

IMG_1944a.jpg

IMG_1982a.jpg

IMG_1995a.jpg

IMG_1992a.jpg

IMG_1999a.jpg

ironman_bigslideshow4.jpg

Well that sucks...why dont you order direct from SS? I think it will be easier to deal with them over the middle men for returns. Plus you'll earn 2000 points which means $100 off your next order.
Im was really thinking of ordering this and try my luck at getting one. Whats really scaring me now is knowing these will be almost impossible to sell in the future. People wont buy these 2nd hand knowing the probability of these breaking in transit it very high.
Or if I move to another house and it breaks in transit that way. This thing is to dam fragile. Im betting we'll see many more pictures and stories like these pop up once the production run ends....if it hasnt already.

Chris

Yes, Sideshow is definitey faster and easier to deal with, but I live in California, which means, besides paying retail (almost $200 more), I would also have to tack on California sales tax, which is about 10%. So buying directly from Sideshow would cost me almost $400 more. The extra bonus points don't make it worth it for me.

can you share how you removed the neck strips/ :wave

It was pretty easy to remove the strips in my case as they were already a bit loose at each attaching point. Simply pulling them out gently and carefully was how I got them detached. I did not use any cutter or metal tool but simply my fingers because it would never cause any scratch around. Yet I am not sure if others strips can be as easy to remove as mine.

BTW, both strips are in fact plastic, something soft, not polystone, not metal but it is good for not easy to break.:lecture:lecture:rotfl:rotfl

A good friend of mine just got his IM 1:2, so I went to his place and took some shots. Pics can not do this piece justice. It's definitely more 'alive' in person.

IMHS1.jpg

IMHS2.jpg

IMHS3.jpg

IMHS4.jpg

IMHS5.jpg

IMHS6.jpg

The paint finish on that looks pretty ruff....its not really glossy....but seems to have a foggy paint finish. Looks like they painted right over the cast with no primer at all.

Chris

Congrats on those who got this piece and are enjoying theirs.
But the eggshell really freaks me out. I am staying in Singapore and the eggshell is really a huge concern for me when it comes to shipping and subsequent handling. It really looks very fragile.

The other forum-er (aka Tony Stark) pointed out about the cheap lamp look on the arc reactor is another major letdown for me. I thought SS could have done better.

Just my two cents.

Congrats on those who got this piece and are enjoying theirs.
But the eggshell really freaks me out. I am staying in Singapore and the eggshell is really a huge concern for me when it comes to shipping and subsequent handling. It really looks very fragile.

The other forum-er (aka Tony Stark) pointed out about the cheap lamp look on the arc reactor is another major letdown for me. I thought SS could have done better.

Just my two cents.

If you're in Singapore, you can always buy through Simply Toys. They ship by containers so it'll defin arrive safe and sound. Plus, turnaround time for an exchange is also faster since they prob brought more than 1 or 2 pieces in.
:peace

Back