The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2d7vew6.jpg

BBTS is sending me out a new one today! For those that don't know what I'm talking about, UPS lost my package of this statue about 2 weeks ago.

I had the most frustrating call from UPS yesterday, where they wanted me to file a police report for a stolen item, and they had changed their story, saying that they had in fact delivered the package to the right address, but the driver (who was a different driver than usual) just "wrote down the wrong address on their system." Sure.

I told them I'd be happy to file a police report, but that I wasn't going to lie and tell them that a package had actually been delivered to our house, since my wife was home that whole day, and no one ever knocked on our door or dropped off anything that she saw.

The UPS lady then had the nerve to ask me if my wife even ever went through the front door! I live in a condo, and the entire first floor is open, so you can see all the way through. The front door has windows on both sides, and the rest of that entire wall is windows (including a sliding glass door). So there's no way that anyone can come to our front door and my wife NOT see it. I told UPS woman that, and she said not to worry, that she would "take care of it." I asked her if she still wanted me to file a police report, and she said that there wouldn't be any need for that.

I assume that they were trying to shift responsibility onto BBTS, which does not always require signature confirmation. What jerks. They also asked me if I had proof that it was actually worth the declared value. Nice.

Hey has anyone noticed on the A.M.P. suit maqutte inside look video that the 1:2 Iron man in the background has a domed shape piece of glass over the arc reactor? I watched it over and over...and im pretty sure it has clear domed glass over it. Unlike the flat plastic foggy piece thats on the production piece.

Chris

Speaking of the appearance of the arc reactor, that's the one thing kinda deterring me from taking the plunge and purchasing this statue. Don't get me wrong, the statue is awesome, but the current presentation of the chest piece makes the whole thing look like a cheap lamp that happens to be in the shape of Iron Man, rather than a statue that happens to light up. Following me? :)

So... Does anyone know whether the plastic plate over the arc reactor is removable? Because even a clear plastic plate with a transparent decal of the arc reactor design (so that the light can still shine through) would look better.

Back