The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine got delivered on 27 April. Truly an awesome piece. Enjoy my photo
Cheers:fireworks
IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1875a.jpg

IMG_1886a.jpg

IMG_1891a.jpg

IMG_1935a.jpg

IMG_1906a.jpg

IMG_1898a.jpg

:banana:banana

Here are some pics. It broke off right at the join. Yes, the casting is still thin on the arm, compared to the size of the product, however, it looks like not all parts are that thin. The shoulder bell seems to be pretty sold (sorry about the bad pics), or at least to have more polystone than the rest of the arm.

BBTS is sending me out a new one today! For those that don't know what I'm talking about, UPS lost my package of this statue about 2 weeks ago.

I had the most frustrating call from UPS yesterday, where they wanted me to file a police report for a stolen item, and they had changed their story, saying that they had in fact delivered the package to the right address, but the driver (who was a different driver than usual) just "wrote down the wrong address on their system." Sure.

I told them I'd be happy to file a police report, but that I wasn't going to lie and tell them that a package had actually been delivered to our house, since my wife was home that whole day, and no one ever knocked on our door or dropped off anything that she saw.

The UPS lady then had the nerve to ask me if my wife even ever went through the front door! I live in a condo, and the entire first floor is open, so you can see all the way through. The front door has windows on both sides, and the rest of that entire wall is windows (including a sliding glass door). So there's no way that anyone can come to our front door and my wife NOT see it. I told UPS woman that, and she said not to worry, that she would "take care of it." I asked her if she still wanted me to file a police report, and she said that there wouldn't be any need for that.

I assume that they were trying to shift responsibility onto BBTS, which does not always require signature confirmation. What jerks. They also asked me if I had proof that it was actually worth the declared value. Nice.

man i feel your pain, i cant even tell you what jerks my mail men are.

Here are some pics. It broke off right at the join. Yes, the casting is still thin on the arm, compared to the size of the product, however, it looks like not all parts are that thin. The shoulder bell seems to be pretty sold (sorry about the bad pics), or at least to have more polystone than the rest of the arm.

I really dont understand why SS didnt think to have this statue made in seporate pieces. Something this big made by rotocast...SS were just asking for trouble.

Are you getting a replacment or refund?

Chris

Still love this piece. Wish that 1:2 would work for me but 1:3 just fits my theater room perfectly.

I really dont understand why SS didnt think to have this statue made in seporate pieces. Something this big made by rotocast...SS were just asking for trouble.

Are you getting a replacment or refund?

Chris

I'm getting a refund for this one. From the sound of it, BBTS is going to have to eat the cost of this. Check out their site and you'll see that they're selling a broken one for $899, if anyone's interested (broken left arm and right leg). Now, they'll be stuck with 2 broken ones, so I don't want to add any more to their pain. (It was already triple boxed (2 Sideshow boxes within bubble wrap within another box)

I'm going to try Alterego's, who I know can have it drop shipped directly from Sideshow, which is only about an hour away from me. I got a broken Iron Man Bust from them before drop shipped, and it was easily returned directly to Sideshow, so Alterego's didn't have to get stuck with it.

I'm getting a refund for this one. From the sound of it, BBTS is going to have to eat the cost of this. Check out their site and you'll see that they're selling a broken one for $899, if anyone's interested (broken left arm and right leg). Now, they'll be stuck with 2 broken ones, so I don't want to add any more to their pain. (It was already triple boxed (2 Sideshow boxes within bubble wrap within another box)

900$ anyone?
C2605P0001.jpg

C2605P0002.jpg

C2605P0003.jpg

I'm going to try Alterego's, who I know can have it drop shipped directly from Sideshow, which is only about an hour away from me. I got a broken Iron Man Bust from them before drop shipped, and it was easily returned directly to Sideshow, so Alterego's didn't have to get stuck with it.

Well that sucks...why dont you order direct from SS? I think it will be easier to deal with them over the middle men for returns. Plus you'll earn 2000 points which means $100 off your next order.
Im was really thinking of ordering this and try my luck at getting one. Whats really scaring me now is knowing these will be almost impossible to sell in the future. People wont buy these 2nd hand knowing the probability of these breaking in transit it very high.
Or if I move to another house and it breaks in transit that way. This thing is to dam fragile. Im betting we'll see many more pictures and stories like these pop up once the production run ends....if it hasnt already.

Chris

Risk of not being able to sell in the future is what keeping me from purchasing one myself. Just doesn't feel like you're getting your money's worth on this one unlike the CM Predator. I don't like the paint job either. Hopefully their next 1/2 scale piece is better in quality.

Back