The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're in Singapore, you can always buy through Simply Toys. They ship by containers so it'll defin arrive safe and sound. Plus, turnaround time for an exchange is also faster since they prob brought more than 1 or 2 pieces in.
:peace

Thanks for the tip. But I still cannot get over the cheap (sorry for saying this) lamp look on the chest.

I will pass on this one. :)

Congrats on those who got this piece and are enjoying theirs.
But the eggshell really freaks me out. I am staying in Singapore and the eggshell is really a huge concern for me when it comes to shipping and subsequent handling. It really looks very fragile.

The other forum-er (aka Tony Stark) pointed out about the cheap lamp look on the arc reactor is another major letdown for me. I thought SS could have done better.

Just my two cents.

Please, call me 'Tony'. :cool:

Following that point, I really don't see how SS could manufacture a screen-accurate maquette and skimp on the details of the arc reactor, something which is pretty much definitive of who Iron Man is.

Even HT put the detail in theirs.

A good friend of mine just got his IM 1:2, so I went to his place and took some shots. Pics can not do this piece justice. It's definitely more 'alive' in person.

IMHS1.jpg

Great! It must be a wonderful experience to see it in person and got some nice shot. Your friend has acquired a nice one. Congrats!!

Last edited:
Please, call me 'Tony'. :cool:

Following that point, I really don't see how SS could manufacture a screen-accurate maquette and skimp on the details of the arc reactor, something which is pretty much definitive of who Iron Man is.

Even HT put the detail in theirs.

Sorry I haven't been following this thread that closely but is this done by Legacy?

Well to be fair, the detail on the arc reactor doesn't show in the movie stills.

The arc looks like a lamp in the stills :D

Iron-Man-watches-1608.jpg

ironman_trailer_1920_15.jpg

ironman2.jpg

Ironman_001.jpg

actually am on the fence on this one. going to see what turns up at SDCC before deciding :D

Yes but when the lights are off it just looks blah...they should have used clear plastic so you can see some of the detail in the arc reactor when the lights are off. It looks cheap when the lights are off...and whos gonna keek theirs lit up all the time?

Chris

Now that is the biggest action figure I've ever seen!!!! Seriously, it looks really awesome... If I was as rich as Tony Stark and if I had space at home, I would probably get this awesome 1/2 scale Mark III... But this guy is wayyyyyy beyond my budget so I think I'll stick with my 1/6 Hot Toys Mark III for now...lol.. At least the arc reactor on the Hot Toys Mark III looks better even when its turned off as you can see the details inside... Nonetheless, this 1/2 scale Mark III looks superb and anyone who sees it would just be in awe despite the cheap looking arc reactor when its turned off..

Why can't they do it in 1:1 scale I wonder... How cool would that be....

Last edited:
Now that is the biggest action figure I've ever seen!!!! Seriously, it looks really awesome... If I was as rich as Tony Stark and if I had space at home, I would probably get this awesome 1/2 scale Mark III... But this guy is wayyyyyy beyond my budget so I think I'll stick with my 1/6 Hot Toys Mark III for now...lol.. At least the arc reactor on the Hot Toys Mark III looks better even when its turned off as you can see the details inside... Nonetheless, this 1/2 scale Mark III looks superb and anyone who sees it would just be in awe despite the cheap looking arc reactor when its turned off..

Why can't they do it in 1:1 scale I wonder... How cool would that be....

cause not many people would be able to afford it :dunno

If the 'lamp' is off, Tony wouldn't be in the suit. So since we're pretending, just pretend it's standing in the hall of armor. The arc reactor wouldn't be in it then.

Also, you couldn't see the arc reactor in the real suit. In the movie, there was another plate that fit on top of the arc reactor (it fit between the arc, and the outer red chest plate) and actually covered it. It let light through, but you couldn't see the actual reactor anymore.

If the 'lamp' is off, Tony wouldn't be in the suit. So since we're pretending, just pretend it's standing in the hall of armor. The arc reactor wouldn't be in it then.

Also, you couldn't see the arc reactor in the real suit. In the movie, there was another plate that fit on top of the arc reactor (it fit between the arc, and the outer red chest plate) and actually covered it. It let light through, but you couldn't see the actual reactor anymore.

best answer to far! :hi5:

:exactly:

Pretty much, ppl like to disect every single IM piece that comes out. It looks great to me as long as it doesnt break. There havent really been many paint issues compared to the bust, but if they come out with the Mark V or WM, I will take them over this one. People seem to forget that CM pieces go for 2K and are in a smaller scale.

Interesting point of view.
But personally for me, it (the lamp 'off' look) leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
I think for $2K, SS could have done a better job on this and the eggshell.

No offence to those who likes this piece.
The other way to look at it is feedback is always good for SS to improve on their products. Ultimately us consumers will benefit.
Congrats to those who got theirs and are enjoying them.

I just got a couple pieces in today and this was one of them :rock I'm really happy to finally get this in. My pics suck compared to everyone else's but here are a few anyways.

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02653.jpg

DSC02652.jpg

He won't be staying here for too long but for the time being this will do.
DSC02661.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

It really is an incredible piece and I kinda hope sideshow doesn't do to many more because I will most likely have to get them all.

Back